Hot Deal

Paytm convenience Charges - December 2022

1245°
Deal Cadet
Inception4213

Screenshot2022-12-14-19-37-59-7849b96b5fbae0d12a18edc4a3afe0dfd9

Paytm is charging approximately about 0.9% convenience charges on recharges.I saw  it on social media but this is actually happening .

Did two recharges 

(1) On recharge of Rs 99, a convenience charge of Rs 0.9 was levied. The charge was mentioned to be levied on debit ,credit & UPI transactions .I did the transaction via Paytm wallet but even convenience charge was there.

(2) Did another recharge of Rs 15 on jio & a convenience charge of Rs 0.2 was levied.

See the attached screenshots

IMG20221214192518

Screenshot2022-12-14-19-39-45-8699c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817

Expired
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
66 Comments  |  
37 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Shares buy back kar rahe hai , paise chahiye ab unhe

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Trap for retailers bol rahe hai sab... Chor hai paytm wala

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

Yes, they are charging even PhonePe also Charges.

Better to do Recharges from Operator Website/App or Amazon Pay they are the best 

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

For wallet payment the are charging ₹0.30 for a ₹15 recharge. But they are account specific as of now.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I was charged Rs 0.20 for the same Rs 15 recharge. Means different charges for different people  !!

What kind of policy is Paytm following. Looking desperate to get money

View 2 more replies
The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied

I knew something was wrong when I started seeing 0% convenience fee banner all of a sudden joy

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

Covid ka free ration band ho gaya na? Yeh free ka online recharge to shuru se hi chal raha tha na, ulta CB mil raha tha... Ab gate close karega sabke sab...

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Jitna govt ne free rashan dia tha wo ab GST & petrol diesel me vasool kar rahi hai
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Loss making from several years now they need something to backup their co or else they'll go bankrupt o.O

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

If they apply charges..who will use it .

BTW..they get commissions when doing bill pay recharges...so they make money.

View 6 more replies
Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

Paytm a failed model, people will immediately switch to gpay or upcoming Jio Pay, and use Paytm only at the time of CashBack offer

Jo 4 to 5% commission milta hai telecom operator ki taraf se wo bhi kho denge ye 0.9% ke chakkar mein

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I agree

View 2 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied
Charging since 3 months for me
Critic Critic
Link Copied
Had to pay 120rs for 119rc couple of days back on paytm! Still went due to 1500 points back
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

This is happening for quite a few months. Most hadn't noticed as there were better offers elsewhere and we didn't care to do RC on Paytm.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Every company will charge money from both the sides, airtel, jio and the end customer. The cashback is a marketing technique, not a sustainable model which will last lifetime. Those thinking new company will come if they prev ones start charging, nope, once market is mature enough, you gotta pay the convenience fees. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
ICICI Bank has no convience fee on their app for bill payment and recharges
View 3 more replies
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Even while buying gift cards thru CC  from paytm im being served charges

Link Copied

Who buys GV by paying exta ?

View 3 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
Paytm stated this few years back confused
y sab doglapan hai pensive stuck_out_tongue

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

although I agree with most commenters here. but convenience fee makes a business robust.

I hate what paytm does.. and no one wants to pay  a convenience fee, but this is just paving paths for the rest of the players in the market to charge this fee. Soon all will follow this path.. 

We have to pay convenience fee on movie tickets, flight tickets, train tickets, etc and all those businesses never had a problem surviving. We have to pay it because we consumers have no option and it is really convenient to make all these reservations/payments online. 

Link Copied

There is no need to recharge on Paytm if Paytm charge convenience fees, all telecom operator's have websites for recharge no convenience fees applicable there. Telecom operators already paying commission to them but if it is still not sufficient for them let the telecom operators enjoy direct customers

View 6 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Maine pehle cc se bill bharta tha, Paytm and others started, I saw charges on even biller portal. Then I switched to Amazon pay and cred to pay bill using cc.

Paytm se recharge karne gaya tha. Saw the convenience fee, dropped the idea. Although the amount is very less but it feels inconvenient to pay convenience charges

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

I uninstalled Paytm. Not even giving proper points. Will check after few months

View 1 more reply
Post Tycoon Post Tycoon
Link Copied

It's user specific not for all .

Flame Flame
Link Copied

Oh no, first phonepe now paytm

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Acche din aane wale hain
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I paid 1 rupee on 58 rupee recharge. So not 0.90 always. As per an article I read, the fee can be anywhere upto 2 rupees.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Upto Rs 5 ,j ust enter high denomination recharges in paytm

View 4 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Inconvenience charges
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Well said !!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I don't think they will do it
1. Net Banking does not have any convenience charges if done from their site.
. If they introduce charges for the net banking also, agents will active once again and will share their commissions also and now i think they are following wait and watch policy it is better time to enter the agency commission business now.
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Paytm is degrading its services day by day in every aspect .

Even paytm customers support service is pathetic .If some transaction failure occurs ,instead of raising an issue ,they are simply asking the customers to raise a chargeback with the bank.The irony is that the so called bank is paytm payment bank itself.

Now they are charging platform & convenience fees. This is ridiculous.

About five to six years ago there was an app called NIKI , which also started levying convenience charges to use its platform .Now no one knows NIKI !!!

Who knows in the near future, paytm may also start to charge monthly fees to use its app .

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

So, Freecharge wallet is best for bills recharges using cc with 4000 monthly limit per cc or overall (i dont know), and keeps giving FC10 like instant cashback codes and cashback on bigbasket dominos zepto etc.

Mobikwik is old with no useful offers and fake like supercash, but still shows no charges topping with cc.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Except FC10 (which is available to all ), I have never received any user specific promo code from freecharge.

I can't even buy digital gold from freecharge ,when ever I try to do so an error pops out that something went wrong.

Is am unable to understand, why is freecharge doing this partiality to me.

IMG20221220155958

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied

They have raised credit card charges from 2.3 percent to 4.3percent.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Paytm has only money in its mind !!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I am using only for hdfc dc + offline vendors, would like to find other options but majority of ppl accept paytm.

replyuser
Click here to reply