📁6GB RAM/128 GB storage
🔋3140mAh battery
🛡Snapdragon 730G
📷12MP main lens
🎧dual speakers + headphone jack
💰Available only in Just Black for $349

Pixel 4a 5G with Pixel 5 fall launch, $499

Source
https://twitter.com/ishanagarwal24/status/12895...
https://twitter.com/samsun...at

Expiring In 26 days
36 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
Aveejeet wrote:

That battery worrying me

SOT is okay for 3a even with the low battery capacity.
If this one is charging in a hour, I will be happy with the battery capacity.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
tat wrote:

SOT is okay for 3a even with the low battery capacity.
If this one is charging in a hour, I will be happy with the battery capacity.

Will not sell in India.

Missing
Entertainer

If launched in India will be at around 37-40k lol

Missing
Blogger
jileg wrote:

Just by converting US prices into Indian currency it costs 26k, so you are right when u say 37-40k with all the import duties. Don’t have to get excited over some youtube video stuck_out_tongue

@admin Not a deal I guess? Just an info thread

Missing
Deal Subedar

Google slash the price of pixel 3a , that will also suffice atleast

Missing
Deal Cadet
jileg wrote:

For pixel 3a there was only a difference in price of 3K only right?
US it is $399?

Missing
Entertainer
Expand
tat wrote:

For pixel 3a there was only a difference in price of 3K only right?
US it is $399?

Isn’t the idea to compete with iphone se?
Also more RAM and double the storage and a better processor than pixel 3a.
So it should be priced more than 3a na?

Missing
Critic

If Google has managed to implement proper quality control with the pixels then these were literally the only competition to the iphones. Specs don’t matter whatsoever, even 730 should be enough for day to day tasks, combined that with the best still camera out there and 3 years guaranteed updates (even though it should be 5) at 349 (and no more then 30k in rupees) this should have smoked the competition hands down. But, all the Pixels released so far have hardware issues, that’s the biggest problem. If they can’t fix that, they should have given 2 years manufacturer warranty, like mandatory under EU rules and like they provided with the Pixel 2s.

Still looking forward to it. Even though it’s not a practical decision to purchase this, not at all. But apple is remaining uptight with their iPhone 11 price, so bloody option either!

Missing
Deal Cadet
ithehappy wrote:

If Google has managed to implement proper quality control with the pixels then these were literally the only competition to the iphones. Specs don’t matter whatsoever, even 730 should be enough for day to day tasks, combined that with the best still camera out there and 3 years guaranteed updates (even though it should be 5) at 349 (and no more then 30k in rupees) this should have smoked the competition hands down. But, all the Pixels released so far have hardware issues, that’s the biggest problem. If they can’t fix that, they should have given 2 years manufacturer warranty, like mandatory under EU rules and like they provided with the Pixel 2s.

Still looking forward to it. Even though it’s not a practical decision to purchase this, not at all. But apple is remaining uptight with their iPhone 11 price, so bloody option either!

Are you planning to buy iphone or already have an iphone?Why do you think they are only competition to iphone?

Missing
Deal Cadet
ithehappy wrote:

Also IIRC you sold your pixel? How was your user experience with the pixel?

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
jileg wrote:

Isn’t the idea to compete with iphone se?
Also more RAM and double the storage and a better processor than pixel 3a.
So it should be priced more than 3a na?

If it is launched at below 34k it could be a worthy contender to iphone SE Only con compared to SE is the processor SE has a very powerful processor.

Missing
Critic
Expand
Deal_Breaker_ wrote:

Also IIRC you sold your pixel? How was your user experience with the pixel?

The story of Pixel is rather long with me. I had been using a OG Pixel from release and it died (not the same device) on March 04, 2020. So my usage experience is of 3 years. The thing is, even though I’ve had to face so much problem with mine – due to hardware problems, exorbitant repair charge which is nothing but scam – once you have used a pixel it’s nearly impossible to use anything else. The user experience is just sublime. The camera is just mind blowing at times. But then again, when the devices don’t last more than 2 years, what’s the point to start with!

Yes, back in March- April 2018 I used the iPhone 7 for a month. I just couldn’t stand iOS. But the hardware seemed to be good. Couldn’t keep using it, so sold it on eBay at very nominal loss. Bought another pixel back, Lol. From a business standpoint, iPhone has exceptional value. From iphone 11 the camera is finally somewhat on par with pixels too, so the rational decision obviously will be buying an iPhone 11, but alas that ridiculous price! When Xr was sold at 35k last year I was certain this year it would be the iPhone 11 selling at same price but thanks corona. So now i have no other option other than the 4a!

Also, I got a pixel 2 xl as replacement from Google just last month and it was a brand new phone (not refurbished) but my pathetic and nightmarish experience with OG didn’t give me any confidence, so i put it on sale on olx and encashed 24k. So considering the 4a is not a wise decision at all but i ain’t spending 70k behind the iPhone. My budget is 40k max.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

The story of Pixel is rather long with me. I had been using a OG Pixel from release and it died (not the same device) on March 04, 2020. So my usage experience is of 3 years. The thing is, even though I’ve had to face so much problem with mine – due to hardware problems, exorbitant repair charge which is nothing but scam – once you have used a pixel it’s nearly impossible to use anything else. The user experience is just sublime. The camera is just mind blowing at times. But then again, when the devices don’t last more than 2 years, what’s the point to start with!

Yes, back in March- April 2018 I used the iPhone 7 for a month. I just couldn’t stand iOS. But the hardware seemed to be good. Couldn’t keep using it, so sold it on eBay at very nominal loss. Bought another pixel back, Lol. From a business standpoint, iPhone has exceptional value. From iphone 11 the camera is finally somewhat on par with pixels too, so the rational decision obviously will be buying an iPhone 11, but alas that ridiculous price! When Xr was sold at 35k last year I was certain this year it would be the iPhone 11 selling at same price but thanks corona. So now i have no other option other than the 4a!

Also, I got a pixel 2 xl as replacement from Google just last month and it was a brand new phone (not refurbished) but my pathetic and nightmarish experience with OG didn’t give me any confidence, so i put it on sale on olx and encashed 24k. So considering the 4a is not a wise decision at all but i ain’t spending 70k behind the iPhone. My budget is 40k max.

Myself waiting for a similar priced vfm phone Consider buying nord then? Or maybe one plus 7T

Missing
Deal Cadet
ithehappy wrote:

Hardware issue, really?
I though it will be having premium quality.
Never used one. Was about to purchase.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
Deal_Breaker_ wrote:

Myself waiting for a similar priced vfm phone Consider buying nord then? Or maybe one plus 7T

Even I am planning to get op7t this sale only if they allow rooting without affecting warranty.

Previously they did but i heard they stopped. But the major concern is something else. I lersonally havent used oxygen os ever and using miui since last years of which I am kind of addicted to the extra features the ui offers and dont like stock android as it feels kind of hollow (have tried yu and mi a1 both stock)

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
rsai01 wrote:

Just by converting US prices into Indian currency it costs 26k, so you are right when u say 37-40k with all the import duties. Don’t have to get excited over some youtube video stuck_out_tongue

@admin Not a deal I guess? Just an info thread

Google already said that pixel series will not launch in India

Missing
Critic
Expand
Sharingan wrote:

Google already said that pixel series will not launch in India

What? Where did they say that? Please refer to the official announcement.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

What? Where did they say that? Please refer to the official announcement.

Just checked, they did say the same when they launched 4 and 4XL..
However, 4a would be available in India..

Missing
Critic
Expand
Sharingan wrote:

Just checked, they did say the same when they launched 4 and 4XL..
However, 4a would be available in India..

Yes I checked a bit on my own as well and it looks like if the 4a is launched in India it will be delayed by couple of months and release near the time of Diwali anwyay.

Missing
Critic
Expand
Deal_Breaker_ wrote:

Well Nord does look like a good phone to be honest. They only problems are its camera- camera on the OPs were always pretty poor, even the lower priced Motorolas have better camera, and the the fact it’s Chinese. I don’t know how consistent is OOS’s performance also. If you don’t have any problem with the abovesaid then i think Nord will be a decent enough phone.

Missing
Critic
Expand
tat wrote:

Hardware issue, really?
I though it will be having premium quality.
Never used one. Was about to purchase.

Yes, all the Pixels released thus far have one or the other hardware issues. Google only acknowledged a handful of them but not the other major ones. The major issue with pixels is their sudden death due to faulty motherboard or Nand. If you look at all the Pixels released so far then you’ll get the following:

Pixel 1: Microphone problem (hardware defect, Google acknowledged). Vibration motor problem. And like said above, sudden death issue, which generally occurs on and around the 2 year mark. Many thousands of users have been a victim of this myself included. Google has been conducting a malpractice with repair job with these phones for long time, asking 300 to 400 USD to replace the motherboard. It is like a side business for them now. Even if you agree, the phone will die again within a very short span. Imagine paying 20-25k for a hardware defect by none other the manufacturers hemselves. Also they send out really bad quality refurbished units after your payment, as they are unable to replace the motherboard. Those refurbs keep dying over and over again.

Pixel 2: The smaller phone is most probably the most stable Pixel released till date, least amount of issues. 2XL on the other hand we all know about its display conundrum. But still P2s are the least problematic in the Pixel family. I don’t know whether the sudden death issue has affected these set of phones.

Pixel 3: After the OG, most probably the worst pixel released. Numerous different types of problems already reported by the users, camera crashing, poor microphone etc., and the sudden death issue very much affected this phone.

Pixel 4: I don’t know about this phone much. But it’s not even 1 year since release so no point in commenting about longevity.

3a: i don’t even consider this as a true Pixel but even there users have reported sudden death issue already (and the device is only just over a year old) and other slowness issues as well. But it has emmc storage, so slowness could be just due to that.

Only invest behind a Pixel if you want short term pleasure. Otherwise, stay away. For what I’ve experienced, even to my enemies I can’t recommend these.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Well Nord does look like a good phone to be honest. They only problems are its camera- camera on the OPs were always pretty poor, even the lower priced Motorolas have better camera, and the the fact it’s Chinese. I don’t know how consistent is OOS’s performance also. If you don’t have any problem with the abovesaid then i think Nord will be a decent enough phone.

Sorry? One plus always had poor camera? flushed hushed

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Yes, all the Pixels released thus far have one or the other hardware issues. Google only acknowledged a handful of them but not the other major ones. The major issue with pixels is their sudden death due to faulty motherboard or Nand. If you look at all the Pixels released so far then you’ll get the following:

Pixel 1: Microphone problem (hardware defect, Google acknowledged). Vibration motor problem. And like said above, sudden death issue, which generally occurs on and around the 2 year mark. Many thousands of users have been a victim of this myself included. Google has been conducting a malpractice with repair job with these phones for long time, asking 300 to 400 USD to replace the motherboard. It is like a side business for them now. Even if you agree, the phone will die again within a very short span. Imagine paying 20-25k for a hardware defect by none other the manufacturers hemselves. Also they send out really bad quality refurbished units after your payment, as they are unable to replace the motherboard. Those refurbs keep dying over and over again.

Pixel 2: The smaller phone is most probably the most stable Pixel released till date, least amount of issues. 2XL on the other hand we all know about its display conundrum. But still P2s are the least problematic in the Pixel family. I don’t know whether the sudden death issue has affected these set of phones.

Pixel 3: After the OG, most probably the worst pixel released. Numerous different types of problems already reported by the users, camera crashing, poor microphone etc., and the sudden death issue very much affected this phone.

Pixel 4: I don’t know about this phone much. But it’s not even 1 year since release so no point in commenting about longevity.

3a: i don’t even consider this as a true Pixel but even there users have reported sudden death issue already (and the device is only just over a year old) and other slowness issues as well. But it has emmc storage, so slowness could be just due to that.

Only invest behind a Pixel if you want short term pleasure. Otherwise, stay away. For what I’ve experienced, even to my enemies I can’t recommend these.

Thanks for the detailed explanation bro..

Missing