Please suggest a good trimmer

32°
Missing
Deal Cadet
51
107
1

My budget is 5k.

Please suggest a good one that you have used or personally know someone using smile

9 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
Missing
suspended
50
20
0
Corpse wrote:

My budget is 5k.

Please suggest a good one that you have used or personally know someone using smile

Have never bought or willingly owned trimmers, but used “wired” clippers of brands like Wahl, Remington, original/old Braun.
.
Someone once force gifted the new (after Sanyo merger, rebranding from ‘National’ to ‘Panasonic’) Panasonic grooming kit.
.
Since i was adamant [to not use (in India) a product bought in UAE, made in PRC).. to not keep it, a cousin now uses it. Seems okay with it.
.
But with your budget and need for a trimmer alone.. if rotary blade mech is acceptable, then Norelco are THE ones (Norelco is now a Philips brand).
.
My uncle’s generation were really into such trimmers (badey Papaji had one, not sure if it were Philips though).
.
Braun has some options in the 6-7000Rs range (after offers) which might work in shower/ water splashes okay.
But i lost faith in brands like Boeing (aircraft brand), Braun (and to an extent the new Panasonic) who simply outsource even key products/ processes to ¿the lowest cost¿ contract manufacturers.
.
Wahl too makes some stuff in China, but has decent main support office in Bombay/India.
And for hair clippers, i see NO reason to switch from them. Past two decades the old Wahl Super Taper https://wahlpro.com/products/wahl-pro/super-taper/ has served well for my Paa (and me, till he allowed me to ‘steal’ it at will. now he hid it).
And i myself am reasonably happy with the cheaper (made in South East Asia or PRC) https://indiamart.com/proddetail/wahl-pro-taper... taper basic chrome.
both, the Super Taper and its lower cousins have various combos and accessories launched as separatte products too. Colour coded comb/ snap-on brackets (teeth).
.
But these definitely are not a single hand operation for scalp hair trimming if handling for over 10-12 minutes at a stretch!
The original Wahl Super is no less heavy than liquid mercury.
though I think one can still get the Made in U.S.A. version ..well within your budget.
.
All the Philips (QT) 4000 and 5000 series might give you fair balance between price features, balance and good product service life at easy to carry weight.
.
Since (for scalp hair) 20-21mm range is my basic requirement, once i even had this https://www.philips.co.in/c-p/QC5132_15/family-clippers-family-hair-clipper on the radar, but eventually some design peculiarities and the 0.5mm not always being as convenient😔 made me pass that!.
⬆Similar⤴ item https://desidime.com/last_comment?topic_id=1239009.
.
I would avoid Syska, Vega, Nova, Havells type options if i ‘could’ afford to spend 5-6000Rs (especially if it was not for gifting but for my own use).
Maybe even stretch the budget to have one of the splash resistant ones from Braun or Philips (even if not made in Europe).

Missing
Deal Newbie
47
38
1
Expand
ragusta wrote:

Have never bought or willingly owned trimmers, but used “wired” clippers of brands like Wahl, Remington, original/old Braun.
.
Someone once force gifted the new (after Sanyo merger, rebranding from ‘National’ to ‘Panasonic’) Panasonic grooming kit.
.
Since i was adamant [to not use (in India) a product bought in UAE, made in PRC).. to not keep it, a cousin now uses it. Seems okay with it.
.
But with your budget and need for a trimmer alone.. if rotary blade mech is acceptable, then Norelco are THE ones (Norelco is now a Philips brand).
.
My uncle’s generation were really into such trimmers (badey Papaji had one, not sure if it were Philips though).
.
Braun has some options in the 6-7000Rs range (after offers) which might work in shower/ water splashes okay.
But i lost faith in brands like Boeing (aircraft brand), Braun (and to an extent the new Panasonic) who simply outsource even key products/ processes to ¿the lowest cost¿ contract manufacturers.
.
Wahl too makes some stuff in China, but has decent main support office in Bombay/India.
And for hair clippers, i see NO reason to switch from them. Past two decades the old Wahl Super Taper https://wahlpro.com/products/wahl-pro/super-taper/ has served well for my Paa (and me, till he allowed me to ‘steal’ it at will. now he hid it).
And i myself am reasonably happy with the cheaper (made in South East Asia or PRC) https://indiamart.com/proddetail/wahl-pro-taper... taper basic chrome.
both, the Super Taper and its lower cousins have various combos and accessories launched as separatte products too. Colour coded comb/ snap-on brackets (teeth).
.
But these definitely are not a single hand operation for scalp hair trimming if handling for over 10-12 minutes at a stretch!
The original Wahl Super is no less heavy than liquid mercury.
though I think one can still get the Made in U.S.A. version ..well within your budget.
.
All the Philips (QT) 4000 and 5000 series might give you fair balance between price features, balance and good product service life at easy to carry weight.
.
Since (for scalp hair) 20-21mm range is my basic requirement, once i even had this https://www.philips.co.in/c-p/QC5132_15/family-clippers-family-hair-clipper on the radar, but eventually some design peculiarities and the 0.5mm not always being as convenient😔 made me pass that!.
⬆Similar⤴ item https://desidime.com/last_comment?topic_id=1239009.
.
I would avoid Syska, Vega, Nova, Havells type options if i ‘could’ afford to spend 5-6000Rs (especially if it was not for gifting but for my own use).
Maybe even stretch the budget to have one of the splash resistant ones from Braun or Philips (even if not made in Europe).

Respect

Missing
Deal Captain
29
9185
123

arre yeh bhaisahab itna bada description ke baad suspend ho gaye hushed

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
260
1
desiman wrote:

arre yeh bhaisahab itna bada description ke baad suspend ho gaye hushed

.

Missing
Deal Subedar
210
1334
2
desiman wrote:

arre yeh bhaisahab itna bada description ke baad suspend ho gaye hushed

Bhaisab nahi bhaiya ji hai wo smiley
Kyu @saucap

Missing