Pls recommend me a good refrigerator for 200-220L size

121°
Deal Newbie
rukepedia

Pls recommend me a good refrigerator for 200-220L size with a good deal. Thank you

16 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Using Samsung refrigerator ( double door ) for a very long time and it has never disappointed, so in our home when we decide to buy another refrigerator, it will be a samsung.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Is it Digital Inverter Model?

Heard many issues with both the PCBs in Front Display and Back power supply, in these models.

Their PCB replacement is also difficult to find in local market and is extremely costly with the brand

View 1 more reply
Brand Enthusiast Brand Enthusiast
Link Copied

Bro Go For Samsung Double Door Fridge. Now They Have Special Curd Maestro Also For Curd Making.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Thank you @Tony007 @infodoom My budget is 15K …what do you guys suggest ..does 3 star/4star make difference ?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

You🙂 Welcome.

Purely from my non technical, layman perspective.. No! It (3✮/ 4✮) does not make a substantial difference in terms of average core performance.

Just like in the pharma industry though, white good labels often create a perceived ‘value’ or alleged merit in raising the prices unrealistically… by creating minor differentiations based on specific features… or by adding technical jargons (alleged path breaking innovation).

Creating complex sounding abbreviations or adding perceived value to minor features is the job of the marketing wizards.

Silver as a purifying or anti microbial agent or nano particles as coating.. had existed for donkey years.
But few years back, it was wuite the rage for washing machines and other appliances to tom-tom it.

I personally feel, that now innovation curve is somewhat flattened and the 3 4 5 star ratings are just a jugglery to push for monetising the sale of newer models.
White goods like a refrigerator aa expected to give decades of service.
Whereas whatever is 4✮ in October.. might become 3✮ by April-May in the subsequent year.

The Korean.chaebols have really concenteated well on the desi market. They bring in focussed innovation and research to cope with issues like erratic power supply.

After the desi Allwyn, Kelvinator, Voltas, Godrej, Bluestar… I would definitely consider the likes of 𝑳𝑮 (LuckyGoldstar), 𝑺𝒂𝒎𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒈 as ‘value for money’.

Give or take 8-10%, 15000INR ought to get you a fair bargain for the 200-200Ltr capacity.. from both LG and Samsung.

But Samsung has started using suspicious contract manufacturers in PRC.

Our experience with LG white goods has been reasonably good ..at most locations.
Service and spares network of direct LG and aftermarket (grey market) spares/ service too is good.<,br>

Koryo, Haier type brands too have good prominence in recent years. Koryo though is from a group that is on shaky ground.

Despite being Chinese brands… the likes of Midea, Haier have good HVAC divisions.

Haier 190L consumer use units are definitely under 11-12000 and some acquaintances in Karachi, Islamabad have used similar (bigger/ higher capacity) variants of Kenstar.. as their NH203EBR model too.

LG, Samsung, Kenstar, Voltas, Haier.

View 1 more reply
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Take a look at this SAMSUNG 192 L Direct Cool Single Door 4 Star Refrigerator with Digi Touch Cool, Curd Maestro on Flipkart
https://dl.flipkart.com/s/VPxv...uN

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Couple of month ago bought samsung 198 lit 3 star for 14k – 1k cashback on citi via local seller…..for a relative…. Its good…. Go for 4 star it shld work fine

Generous Generous
Link Copied

I ll recommend LG refrigerator using myself.
Washing machine fridge > LG
TV mobile > samsung
Service of LG is best.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Today visited a used fridge shop to check thdir inventory for 220L
Whirlpool 220L 4 star 8000
Whirlpool 220L 5 star 8500
Samsung 253L 5 star 9000

Stick to double door only single door is inefficient.
Defrosting single door is a headache
Doubled door would have tempered glass shelves
Which ever model you chose. Buy one which has a Thermal sensor not a thermo stat.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

For specific intent to scout for an upcoming purchase¿ or to generally keep abreast of things?

Sorry if it seems personal, can ignore.
Somehow always felt that dealing directly with a fair/ honest seeming previous owner is more reliable in seconds purchases.. than to deal with a commercial business (whose objectivity might get superseded by other interests, profit motive).

View 2 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Buy only Godrej’s fridges as their width is more than all the other brands. So you can keep more or bigger utensils in one row.

In narrow width fridge you will face problems.

replyuser
Click here to reply