Hot Deal Probably I got scammed for 70k in a promotional event. What options do I have?

753°
Deal Cadet
50
179
1

Hello,

I was scammed (probably) with a membership from a travel agency, kinda like club mahindra where they offer benefits to members like 7nights hotel booked for us every year. It was one time event and I got convinced that they are legit and bought 5yr membership. However, after coming home and doing some research, I feel probably all the reviews are from their employees. I am sure they are not going to refund me my funds back.

I will try to book a holiday and see if they actually do book or not once I have my member ID (they said it will be mailed to be in a week).

If incase they do not keep up to their words, what options do I have?

dd

58 Comments  |  
31 Dimers
  • Sort By
0
134
3

i visited the same people 5 year back in Noida in wave Mall Noida and they offered me the same thing , i was almost convinced but fortunately i felt something is not right and dropped the plan .
They must be sitting somewhere in your city too selling the plans , try to do a booking and if it feels like fraud , you can file a FIR against them.

270
1540
4

Voted up so many people can come here and provide any help. I hope you get out of this mess soon

62
1222
4

If you have the terms and conditions in writing then read them twice. If you have nothing in written, then hota hai bro try to let it go.

20
17754
325
Moderator

How much did you pay and mode of payment?

7
1164
12

Country Club?

50
179
1
Sidhu634 wrote:

Voted up so many people can come here and provide any help. I hope you get out of this mess soon

Thanks.

50
179
1
Spidey_ wrote:

Country Club?

No, its a small company.

50
179
1
cm4444 wrote:

How much did you pay and mode of payment?

70k credit card

50
179
1
billubakra wrote:

If you have the terms and conditions in writing then read them twice. If you have nothing in written, then hota hai bro try to let it go.

I have T&C with me. They have signed it and also me.

50
179
1
pagal_admi wrote:

i visited the same people 5 year back in Noida in wave Mall Noida and they offered me the same thing , i was almost convinced but fortunately i felt something is not right and dropped the plan .
They must be sitting somewhere in your city too selling the plans , try to do a booking and if it feels like fraud , you can file a FIR against them.

Good that you didnt fall for it. I was naive and fell for it. Yeah, I will try to book when i get the member ID and see what happens.

58
704
2

Every purchase has a 10 day or something free-look period and you can change your mind.

See if their brochure have something written like that. If yes, okay. If not, call them and ask them I have changed my mind, need a refund.

When they deny, call your CC and say I’d like to file a chargeback because XXXX company denied refund. See what happens.

70K is a lot of money. Man up and fight for it.

All the best!

50
203
1

Immediately call CC customer care and register a chargeback citing fraudulent party. So the funds will be blocked.

50
179
1
mihir2812711 wrote:

Immediately call CC customer care and register a chargeback citing fraudulent party. So the funds will be blocked.

I am not entirely sure if the company did scam me. I am waiting for member ID so I can try to book and if they don’t, i plan to do chargeback.

7
1164
12
Expand
OnceUponADime wrote:

No, its a small company.

Oh! ‘Country Club’ runs such a scam in West Bengal.

0
7065
118
Expand
Spidey_ wrote:

Oh! ‘Courtney Club’ runs such a scam in West Bengal.

Which is this club now ? triumph
Country ka Courtney wahh
Nasib se chutney nai kiya inhone rage

7
1164
12
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Which is this club now ? triumph
Country ka Courtney wahh
Nasib se chutney nai kiya inhone rage

Oops! stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

62
1222
4
Expand
OnceUponADime wrote:

I have T&C with me. They have signed it and also me.

Then approach consumer court.

50
42316
399

Sach sach bataana, koi sundar ladki kaati naa 70k ka parchi?

0
27595
323

Age old scam
Lemme guess, some lady with a nice voice called to inform that you won some xyz lucky draw & insisted that only couples can collect/claim gifts!

Article : Demystifying “lucky draw coupons for all” at malls
https://ddime.i...0J

20
17754
325
Moderator
mihir2812711 wrote:

Immediately call CC customer care and register a chargeback citing fraudulent party. So the funds will be blocked.

I suggest the same

0
8191
59
getready wrote:

Age old scam
Lemme guess, some lady with a nice voice called you to inform that you won some xyz lucky draw & insisted that only couples can collect/claim gifts!

Article : Demystifying “lucky draw coupons for all” at malls
https://ddime.i...0J

Yeah its a quite old one.
Similar happened with one of my known when they visited some mall and filled some lottery form.
Later they got call citing similar winning offer they consulted me I immediately denied & warned still they were too convinced to visit them due to the price so they went there but later turned out something similar and they came back when money was asked from them.
CC; @pagal_admi

86
5204
61
Expand
Spidey_ wrote:

Oh! ‘Country Club’ runs such a scam in West Bengal.

Even in South States (TN) they are doing this from 2010 year. During that period They called me and said i have won kitchen article and they convinced me to take membership (not remember the price of it) and i dropped it without taking it.
Its country club.

50
179
1
Expand
mastervijay wrote:

Even in South States (TN) they are doing this from 2010 year. During that period They called me and said i have won kitchen article and they convinced me to take membership (not remember the price of it) and i dropped it without taking it.
Its country club.

At least they are big enough. The one I bloody paid is tiny, I am stressed that I am gonna lose all my money sad

50
179
1
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Then approach consumer court.

I will google it. I am sure beaurecy would very complicated and hectic, any experience dealing with them?

181
1809
28
Expand
OnceUponADime wrote:

I am not entirely sure if the company did scam me. I am waiting for member ID so I can try to book and if they don’t, i plan to do chargeback.

May be they asked 7days only for scam.. so that you couldn’t do chargeback..

376
4100
52
Expand
OnceUponADime wrote:

70k credit card

I think with a credit card, you can ask the bank for a charge back. Do not wait. Immediately ask for charge back.
All these time share things, including Club Mahindra and Country Club, are big scams. They deliberately target family members and particularly female and are trained to emotionally pressurize the person into making a decision to pay.
they insist that you must come with you family only. Visit them only if you are mentally strong enough, and after making it clear to your wife that she must not open her mouth, waste 2-3 hours and you can come back with a voucher for 2-3 days discounted stay.
I visited Club Mahindra once at Noida and got a 2 night 3 day voucher for Munnar. Then some years later visited Country Club in Kolkata and got a frying pan. Both times, I drove the executives mad as they sensed they could not fool me. And my wife kept laughing for at least an hour after we came out.

51
652
3
Expand
OnceUponADime wrote:

I am not entirely sure if the company did scam me. I am waiting for member ID so I can try to book and if they don’t, i plan to do chargeback.

There is no way of chargeback in your case as you have already signed their documents. If requested for chargeback, their bank would request them the proof of service, they would just show the documents you have signed. So, nothing can be done.

Only way is to approach the consumer court if they don’t provide the service.

198
461
2
Spidey_ wrote:

Country Club?

Is country club worth it?

5
6545
106
Expand
chiraggyl170 wrote:

May be they asked 7days only for scam.. so that you couldn’t do chargeback..

+1.
don’t wait.. file charge back with your bank ASAP.
In this digital world , why they need a week to create member ID?
even after paying money, something fishy right !

Missing