Hot Deal

Received a IDFC First Bank card. Not sure if I applied for it. What exactly is this?

1826°
Pro Critic
Roushh

So last week I received a letter and this card from IDFC FIRST Bank. As far as I can remember, I am sure I have not applied for this card. This is “MyMoneyMantra” EASY BUY card from IDFC FIRST Bank.

Anyone know what exactly is this?
Is this a debit card or a credit card or a prepaid card or something else?
How did they got my info (Name, address and phone number) when I have not applied for it?

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/602533/original/IMG_20200116_182439.jpg?1579179294

@rogerthat @androgame @A2Zdeals @Tejaa

63 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas wrote:

I didn’t clicked yet.. i am afraid if it will direct aproval and send me card.. which idk what cateary it will be..

No.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Roushh wrote:

You can get FREE yearly credit report from CIBIL website too. https://www.cibi...m/

Signup and get 1 free report yearly.

I dont have any credit history yet.. what it means.. i need to have credit card to have cibil score?https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/602542/original/Screenshot_20200116-205108.png?1579188143

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

No.

Last time i was checking debit cards .. when i clicked then it got aproved and they sent me rolleyes

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas wrote:

Last time i was checking debit cards .. when i clicked then it got aproved and they sent me rolleyes

Ok. Don’t check.

Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas wrote:

I dont have any credit history yet.. what it means.. i need to have credit card to have cibil score?https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/602542/original/Screenshot_20200116-205108.png?1579188143

Yes, it means you don’t have a credit history. It’s not bad. You must take a loan or a credit card to build a credit history.

Are you working? Job or self employed? What is your approximate monthly income?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas wrote:

Last time i was checking debit cards .. when i clicked then it got aproved and they sent me rolleyes

Don’t worry at all.
check the cards they offering you and read all the terms and conditions.
You can copy/paste those terms/conditions here also.
We will give you best suggestion 😉

Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied
Expand
nimod wrote:

Don’t worry at all.
check the cards they offering you and read all the terms and conditions.
You can copy/paste those terms/conditions here also.
We will give you best suggestion 😉

Right.

@Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas Post here name of the card you see. We will give more info about it.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Yes, it means you don’t have a credit history. It’s not bad. You must take a loan or a credit card to build a credit history.

Are you working? Job or self employed? What is your approximate monthly income?

Self employed.. income i show around 3 lakh in income tax rolleyes

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
nimod wrote:

Don’t worry at all.
check the cards they offering you and read all the terms and conditions.
You can copy/paste those terms/conditions here also.
We will give you best suggestion 😉

Thx i will consult 1st.. as i dont want hidden charges..  credit card i never needed.. as i dont take loans.. neither belive in.. jo kamaya wahi khaya bas.. but maybe i should try if something better ..

Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas wrote:

Self employed.. income i show around 3 lakh in income tax rolleyes

Then no worries. Get HDFC credit card. They will be easily approve it for you. plus1

Just make sure it is life time free card. Don’t worry about credit limit just yet. Take whatever they offer. They will offer to increase it once you start using it.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas wrote:

Thx i will consult 1st.. as i dont want hidden charges..  credit card i never needed.. as i dont take loans.. neither belive in.. jo kamaya wahi khaya bas.. but maybe i should try if something better ..

Bhai credit card is like a kitchen knife,if you know then it can help you in making food but if not then you will cut your hand. Don’t think of credit card as “credit card”,think of credit card as a payment method with offer just like wallet where you first load the wallet with money & then do the transaction to avail offer.Here you first make the purchase using credit card to avail offer & then pay the credit card bill using debit card/netbanking. If you want to play safe then take sbi simply click credit card against FD of 20k by visiting your sbi branch & you will get the card with 15-16k limit while your FD will earn you 6% interest(1 year duration) which is more than 3.5%(3% if balance is above 1 lakh in sbi). Use sbi simply click card to make all the transactions on amazon(for which you will get 2.5% off over & above any other offer,wallet loading transactions not incl) & other online sites(1.25% off). Pay your CC bill before due date or setup your sbi acc to pay cc bill automatically.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
Roushh wrote:

That’s possible. Although there is no new CIBIL enquiry made on my account.

Limit is also not matching. At Right corner – 75000 & in left para – 80000.

Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

Limit is also not matching. At Right corner – 75000 & in left para – 80000.

Hahaha… Also spelling mistakes. They can’t even write card name correctly. Easy But card.


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/602547/original/IMG_20200116_214930.jpg?1579191602

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

Limit is also not matching. At Right corner – 75000 & in left para – 80000.

That is different. 80000 loan is for two wheeler.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Hahaha… Also spelling mistakes. They can’t even write card name correctly. Easy But card.


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/602547/original/IMG_20200116_214930.jpg?1579191602

Good that they did not used 1 extra ‘T’ .

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

That is different. 80000 loan is for two wheeler.

What about Spelling mistake ?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

What about Spelling mistake ?

It’s a spelling mistake.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I too received same kind of card having 75000 limit, at first I don’t have any clue how these people got my office address and my full name

Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied

UPDATE: IDFC First Bank has cancelled my card.

On request of IDFC CC, I had sent an email on [email protected] asking why I was issued this card without my consent. It was practically a long rant. And I didn’t receive any reply for my email. Just when I was thinking about sending another email, I noticed that I received a SMS on Saturday that my card has been withdrawn.

Happy ending!

Thanks all of you for helping me. plus1

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
Roushh wrote:

UPDATE: IDFC First Bank has cancelled my card.

On request of IDFC CC, I had sent an email on [email protected] asking why I was issued this card without my consent. It was practically a long rant. And I didn’t receive any reply for my email. Just when I was thinking about sending another email, I noticed that I received a SMS on Saturday that my card has been withdrawn.

Happy ending!

Thanks all of you for helping me. plus1

Just now wrote a short and sweet email to id shared by you
had no patience to type long

Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied
Expand
A2Zdeals wrote:

Just now wrote a short and sweet email to id shared by you
had no patience to type long

Hahaha! Nice plus1

Let us know what did they say.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
A2Zdeals wrote:

Just now wrote a short and sweet email to id shared by you
had no patience to type long

Send me the email body. I will copy paste. smile

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
A2Zdeals wrote:

Just now wrote a short and sweet email to id shared by you
had no patience to type long

Add email to deal wiki, whoever want to send will be helped.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

…@Roushh …in financial matters when u r in doubt…even slight doubt…get it cancelled..ASAP….

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
asen wrote:

Send me the email body. I will copy paste. smile

why have you sent me easybuy card without my consent
cancel it right away else will lodge complaint with RBI

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
still_guessing wrote:

…@Roushh …in financial matters when u r in doubt…even slight doubt…get it cancelled..ASAP….

when in doubt one can follow kids approach:

Kid A : Bol Pencil
Kid B : Pencil
Kid A : Teri shaadi cancel

as simple as that and without anymore guessing just cancel it

Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied
Expand
A2Zdeals wrote:

when in doubt one can follow kids approach:

Kid A : Bol Pencil
Kid B : Pencil
Kid A : Teri shaadi cancel

as simple as that and without anymore guessing just cancel it

stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes joy

I believe that’s how they do it at finance ministry. Simple yet effective.
Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
Roushh wrote:
stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes joy

I believe that’s how they do it at finance ministry. Simple yet effective.

Now see their reply via email

Thank you for getting in touch with us with regard to Easy Buy Card, in your email dated January 20, 2020.

We would like to inform you that your Easy Buy card is not a credit card, it’s only a plastic card which serves an identification purpose. It does not include a magnetic chip.

The card would be activated only once you avails a loan by using the Easy Buy Card limit at our partner merchant stores else the card is of no use you can consider it cancelled/closed.

And then their sms:

Dear xxxx We regret to inform you that Your Easy Buy Card No xxxx Limit of INR 4,00,000 has been withdrawn. We are unable to continue to extend the facility basis our internal policy. IDFC FIRST Bank
Missing