REDMI K20 not working

70°
Deal Newbie
106
49
2

Hello friends,
I bought redmi k20 for my friend…during big billion days OFFER time…@16k+ without buying mobile protection insurance…

Only after 4 months phone is not working…. My friend says..his 2 year old son drop the phone…from cot….

When he goes to service center…they said display problem…that not cover under warranty.so, ask him 7k for that…he refused..it’s a new phone ..just 4 months only…how the display is problem… Even after tempered glass & gorilla glass protection….but they can’t…

So, he confused now…what can do…

Please help…. Give any ideas and suggestions….

10 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
57
6689
47

Once I puted down my phone olx for sale a person having same phone sended me request to put a screen shot of imei no and give photos

57
6689
47
popeyethedimer wrote:

Once I puted down my phone olx for sale a person having same phone sended me request to put a screen shot of imei no a give photos

May be he was going to do insurance

106
49
2

So, by insurance… He can service the phone free of cost…

I think .. He is in the mind of service only… Because the phone contains lots of photo memories… And videos of his son…

Any solution to service at low cost?

706
5851
60
kingsathis wrote:

So, by insurance… He can service the phone free of cost…

I think .. He is in the mind of service only… Because the phone contains lots of photo memories… And videos of his son…

Any solution to service at low cost?

Not just true for this case but even pc/laptops,always keep a backup of all important data in at least 2 separate places: external hdd at home & cloud storage at google drive/onedrive.

1
11075
72

What’s the condition of phone it’s getting started or completely dead if still usable data can be transferred to laptop or pc.
I think screen comes under warranty but accidental damage is not covered in warranty
7k for replacement is not worth it but you can go for local repair which will cost you much less but don’t expect orignal experience also the life can be short too.

106
49
2

Most of the local shops in the city ask…5500+ only…. For first copy….

His phone is completely dead…unable to on …but strange…just drop from…3 feet fall on floor ( tiles) even with back case…tempered glass & gorilla glass protection…. Also just 4 months phone…

Will stop working….

81
378
4
kingsathis wrote:

Most of the local shops in the city ask…5500+ only…. For first copy….

His phone is completely dead…unable to on …but strange…just drop from…3 feet fall on floor ( tiles) even with back case…tempered glass & gorilla glass protection…. Also just 4 months phone…

Will stop working….

It depends on luck dude some other phone of the same model may be durable at double the height drop

0
4174
35

Sell the kid who dropped the phone. Surely they are lying. Don’t tell the service center guy that u dropped it. If there is NO broken line/screen. Tell its a software problem.

Missing