Hot Deal

Rethink design of SC and ST reservations/No 100% quota: On overzealous reservation

800°
Deal Brigadier
Ram-Bhaiya
‘SC-ST आरक्षण में क्रीमी लेयर लागू हो’ सुप्रीम कोर्ट की टिप्पणी ने सरकार को फिर मुश्किल में डाला, जानें कैसे

क्या हैं टिप्पणियां
एससी-एसटी वर्ग के जो लोग आरक्षण का लाभ लेकर धनी हो चुके हैं, उन्हें शाश्वत रूप से आरक्षण देना जारी नहीं रखा जा सकता है। कल्याण के उपायों की समीक्षा करनी चाहिए ताकि बदलते समाज में इसका फायदा सभी को मिल सके।

The Supreme Court is correct in its observation that governments should review the reservation policy and process from time to time to ensure that the benefits of the policy reach those who need it the most. However, making good on this observation requires political will, support of stakeholders and consensus in the broader polity. The poorest lot of the Scheduled Castes and Tribes (SCs and STs) should be mobilised, in particular.

The observation was made in the order by a five-judge constitutional bench of the Supreme Court quashing the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh state government’s 2000 policy of reserving 100% of teaching jobs in Scheduled Areas for STs. The current reservation policy for SCs and STs has no exclusion criterion, such as an income threshold that defines a creamy layer that is excluded from the benefit of reservations in the case of Other Socially and Economically Backward Classes. Such a criterion is needed to prevent reservation benefits staying confined to a tiny segment that has already gained from them for one generation or more, and made social and economic advance. However, there has been general resistance to even discussing such a possibility given the nature of electoral politics.

Reservations are not a fundamental right but a policy to correct for historical and continuing deprivations and enable deprived sections to actualise their fundamental rights. The policy design must be such that it erodes, rather than reinforces, perceptions of inferiority. If sections of SCs and STs start competing without relying on quotas, that would erode notions of inherent inferiority. Limiting reservation benefits to two generations of a family and giving weightage to handicaps such as gender and regional and income backwardness should be considered.

Source- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehindu.com/o...

In HINDI https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.livehindustan.co...

Source- https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/blogs/et-e...

Top Comments
Deal Brigadier Deal Brigadier
Link Copied

There must be Income based Reservation rather than Caste based Reservation

Link Copied

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Watch Article 15 movie first & then say such things. Told by friends that in rural parts of UP/Bihar , a Rs.5000 per month earning Brahmin enjoys much better social status & much less abuse than a 10000/month earning sc/st.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

…There shouldn’t be any reservation….

…brahmans alone should not be priests in temple….atleast half of the temples should have priests from other castes….

…Caste remarks should be minimum 10 year punishable….

….Honour killing should be non bailable and punishment should be death…

….Govt should make sure that money and property should be divided appropriately among all castes…

86 Comments  |  
28 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Exactly. Govt should put income limit on every where. Let get benefits to everyone.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Fully agree

Link Copied

Link Copied

Yes the idiot politicians should come together on this matter!

View 27 more replies
Link Copied

Link Copied

Doesn’t matter where there is a income threshold or not. Both options are evil.

Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degree is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all.

Link Copied

if any of the family member are in govt job (with his/her own efforts or with the help of reservation) then his son or daughter as the Case me be they shouldnt be allowed to take benefit or reservation or its can be completEly finished

Link Copied

How to prove that any family member is in government job if the person wants to misuse the reservation?

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

I would change my idea about the government if they implement this, all their sins would be forgotten toungueout

Link Copied

it can not be implemented because of politics. Our great ghotalebaz leaders wont let it pass and will shout as much as they can.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Reservation is for representation. bc makes up 60% of the total population but the same percentage doesn’t reflect in gov positions.
The discrimination is done based on caste how could the affirmative action be based on anything else.

I think to help financial challenged persons there are other various gov welfare schemes

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Aaj k time m reservation hi to india ko aage bhdne se rok rha h….reservation hi hta dena chahiye

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Sure but first remove caste system because that is the root cause & as long as it is there, reservation or no reservation India kahin bhi aage nahi jaayega.

View 1 more reply
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Reservation should only be based on economic need or else it should be completely removed. Present system has long passed its expiry date. Still remember how many people especially women and children were attacked during Jat reservation stir. No one, absolutely no one can claim to have a “right” to reservation.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Telling same thing to you, watch Article 15 movie & btw reality is even worse than the movie just so you know. Jats,patiyadars etc demand reservation under OBC & comparing OBC reservation to SC/ST reservation is like comparing a below poverty line person in India to a below poverty line person in USA saying both are poor.

View 8 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

This is something our govt should focus on unamused

Link Copied

people must see MAHABHARATA . where Karna/Eklavya were debarred for sake of Arjuna….history/mythology is full of discreminbation…

human made other human untouchable…. now nature made every 1 on earth untouchable..

Link Copied

you should also mention Ram & Sabri, Ram & Nishada tribe, Krishna & Sudam,
and many more.
just mentioning those who are for your benefit. ?

View 2 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

How to expiry date

Link Copied

@guest_999

I just ask for 1 thing. “Change in current system of reservation after detailed assessment.”
The present system was introduced by Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar for 10 years for bringing social juetice.

If we still need it after 70 years for same reason and in same format then it simply means that the current format is inadequate to address the cause.

Bring on the assessment, discussion and reasearch on topic, maybe we needs more reservation to bring social justice or maybe we need to remove some sections from it.

Whatever it may be but I don’t think we need more than 10 years to address the root cause if we work carefully on it.
So why not take this as a challenge and work with full capacity for next 10 years continuesly revamping the measures and end social justice (if present in society) and thus the reservation.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

You see glass half full, I see glass half empty.

The present system was introduced by Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar for 10 years for bringing social juetice.

If we still need it after 70 years for same reason and in same format then it simply means that even after 70 years Hindus can’t get rid of their attachment to caste system.

View 3 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Link Copied

Modi stop reservation

Link Copied

Is that an order ? laughing

Link Copied

…There shouldn’t be any reservation….

…brahmans alone should not be priests in temple….atleast half of the temples should have priests from other castes….

…Caste remarks should be minimum 10 year punishable….

….Honour killing should be non bailable and punishment should be death…

….Govt should make sure that money and property should be divided appropriately among all castes…

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Sure, it is actually so simple that none of them could thought of this brilliant solution in last 1000 years incl stalwarts like Ambedkar, Gandhi & Nehru.

P.S. sarcasm just in case anyone missed it.

View 8 more replies
Link Copied
…I wish as PM modi shifted his caste Modi from Vaishya-teli to OBC….he can shift all SC-ST from their underprivilege position to forward castes…Problem solved…
Link Copied

Well i belong to SC category middle class family. Heard about discrimination but not experienced it untill the day came, during my engineering days i decided to leave hostel and move to room in city as other friends. While searching room i found owners asking for caste and category and after knowing they say, " No rooms for backward class". After not being able to find a room i have to get adjusted in my friends room. (Friends are of upper category as per the category ranks we see). Now when i got job in one of reputed govt. institute on basic of talent from unreserved category. Problem still exist to get a house. In workplace all is well Untill they came to know about category there behaviour changes. Even the lowest position person e.g. peon won’t behave good. So if a person like me whose family is well educated facing this kind of situation then the situation for others will be much more difficult.
Also seen many proposals which are good gets rejected by bosses due to person belong to lower category and accepted dubious persons proposals due to there caste. Which as excepted fails. While some bosses say we need to help uplifting the lower class of society and search for person deserving and guide them accordingly and get there proposal cleared and help them establish some business.
It is not 1 caste/category vs other. As many from other category knows and understand problem and helps. It is just a mind set of some which needs to be address first.

Link Copied

…This caste system…this religious discrimination…this is all a filthy stinking gutter…..
…5 years back In delhi we are like we had forgotten religion from discriminatory point of view…but it all changed….Somebody vitiated the atmosphere….
…Now sikhs are again being looked like sikhs…sic!
…Muslims…They are the 5th Varna now..
….Y cant we be Indians only?…

Link Copied

the apex court cant be 100% correct in all cases. they can be biased too. media conference by apex court judges in past is proof . president (actually ruling party)nominated ex cji to RS. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/polit.... v are leaving in society where 3000 cr can b spent on a statue but not hospitals/education. Drs from that state knows better….let this corona time gets over. every 1 will b busy again doing mandeer/statue again instead of necessities like medical,education etc ….cant our Judges study some good social engineering model country like SA/USA. In these countries, leaders from deprived society leaders rose to most powerful position(president) in those countries ; eg. Mandela / Lincoln .. in our society person from these class cant b MP (coz gen/obc wont vote for them ,even if they are better candidate than others) from a general LS seat ; leave the post of PM. these are truth and bitter reality of our society in india…

Link Copied

…If you say anyone can change his caste anytime..I pity your knowledge…

Link Copied

It’s not lack of their knowledge, but sick /jealous mantality to debarr education/

and exploit

all deprived society and women of from upper class too. It’s only after 1950 every1 got RTE …..

Link Copied

One should thing in this way,
a incompetent techer can affect life of how many students in his/her life?
a incompetent Govt officer (including collector ) can affect life of how many citizens in his/her carrier in decision making?
and so many more.

a incompetent person also can affect students/citizens of reserved category as well.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

So are you saying there are no incompetent persons in unreserved category because if that was true then India would have already become a developed nation by now. As someone already mentioned, your knowledge is inadequate in this matter.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Respect for all, reward for the worthy, reservation for none.

Agree with above quote completely, nothing more to say…

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Exactly, so unless there is respect for all, there will be reservation for some.

replyuser
Click here to reply