Rupay Select Debit Card

152°
Wishlist Champion
Venom14

I want a Rupay Select Debit Card. 

Can Dimers help me with which bank I should open an account with so that I can get this card quickly? 

Also, will I get prime benefits every year with this or only in the first year?

Top Comments
Post Mogul Post Mogul
Link Copied

Canara bank, Indian bank, Bank of India with 1-2k maintenance account. Just visit and ask them for rupay select debit card, the issuance of this card may vary branch to branch. Before opening account ask them directly for this particular debit card if can be issued on normal account. Debit card charges mostly 1k.
 PNB ask your nearest bank.
 For bob 20k maintenance super savings account. For IOB 50k maintenance account though there wont be any card annual fees For Union bank 1lakh maintenance account.
Jana small finance bank 2.5k - 5k mab account
 Prime benefits are every year

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I did a lot of research last year for this and I changed my bob Advantage Savings A/C (QAB - Rs. 2k) to bob Super Savings A/C (QAB - Rs. 20k) and requested for RuPay Select DC via bob World app and the DC is FYF ... I'll hotlist the DC before completion of first year, get my account variant changed to Professional Savings A/C (QAB - Rs. 25k) and request for RuPay Select DC which will again be FYF.

Other options that I considered at that time were PNB Elite Savings A/C (QAB - Rs. 50k) which gives LTF RuPay Select DC.

Canara Bank also gives FYF RuPay Select DC with very low MAB required account variants. I didn't go for this since for simply an year, I didn't want to open a bank account which would be closed anyway going forward.

Jana Small Finance Bank gives LTF RuPay Select DC with Rs. 1L MAB account but charges Rs. 500 + 18% GST on account closure. Keeping that much amount for a DC didn't seem worth and additional Rs. 590 on account closure was a big red flag.

Unity Small Finance Bank comes with Rs. 10k MAB and will very soon roll out RuPay Select DC, currently they're offering RuPay Classic DC. For RuPay Select DC, there's issuance fee of Rs. 400 + 18% GST with no annual fee. 

If you've a salary account, most of the banks will give you LTF RuPay Select DC if they're offering one.

24 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Post Mogul Post Mogul
Link Copied

Canara bank, Indian bank, Bank of India with 1-2k maintenance account. Just visit and ask them for rupay select debit card, the issuance of this card may vary branch to branch. Before opening account ask them directly for this particular debit card if can be issued on normal account. Debit card charges mostly 1k.
 PNB ask your nearest bank.
 For bob 20k maintenance super savings account. For IOB 50k maintenance account though there wont be any card annual fees For Union bank 1lakh maintenance account.
Jana small finance bank 2.5k - 5k mab account
 Prime benefits are every year

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Any govt psb with Lifetime free Select Rupay Select Debit card (no annual charges) but with minimum avg balance (even if MAB is high like ₹50k ,etc )

View 10 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Interesting post VU+

Post Mogul Post Mogul
Link Copied

Tagging rupay expert @abhishek012 for more information

Wishlist Champion Wishlist Champion
Link Copied
He is not responded via DM

Initially, I asked him directly via DM
Cool Cool
Link Copied

Offtopic:

1)Does any bank that has virtual onboarding offer rupay select DC?

2) Does all the benefits renew each year? Like spa, cult?

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

I think Jana sfb does online onboarding... I wonder if their card offers ott subscription benefits...

PDF https://stg.janabank.com/images/PDF/SOC_RuPay_S...

View 3 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I did a lot of research last year for this and I changed my bob Advantage Savings A/C (QAB - Rs. 2k) to bob Super Savings A/C (QAB - Rs. 20k) and requested for RuPay Select DC via bob World app and the DC is FYF ... I'll hotlist the DC before completion of first year, get my account variant changed to Professional Savings A/C (QAB - Rs. 25k) and request for RuPay Select DC which will again be FYF.

Other options that I considered at that time were PNB Elite Savings A/C (QAB - Rs. 50k) which gives LTF RuPay Select DC.

Canara Bank also gives FYF RuPay Select DC with very low MAB required account variants. I didn't go for this since for simply an year, I didn't want to open a bank account which would be closed anyway going forward.

Jana Small Finance Bank gives LTF RuPay Select DC with Rs. 1L MAB account but charges Rs. 500 + 18% GST on account closure. Keeping that much amount for a DC didn't seem worth and additional Rs. 590 on account closure was a big red flag.

Unity Small Finance Bank comes with Rs. 10k MAB and will very soon roll out RuPay Select DC, currently they're offering RuPay Classic DC. For RuPay Select DC, there's issuance fee of Rs. 400 + 18% GST with no annual fee. 

If you've a salary account, most of the banks will give you LTF RuPay Select DC if they're offering one.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I have bob lite savings account and how to convert online to bob super savingsaccount to get select rupay

View 1 more reply
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Does an Indian bank have a rupay select debit card or are you talking about IOB bank ?

replyuser
Click here to reply