SBI Credit Card Refund Adjustment in Next Statement ?

32°
Deal Newbie
nitikamhj

I did a few transactions of about Rs. 10K through my SBI CC last month and was billed for the same. Now, I have received the refund for both the transactions. But, SBI Customer Care is still asking me to pay the complete billed amount saying that the refunded amount will be adjusted in the next statement.

I wanted to know whether this is the standard industry practice. And, if not is there anything I can do to convince them to settle the refund amount from the current billed amount.
I always pay the net amount after refunds for my HDFC Credit Card and haven’t faced any issue.

8 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

If refund was reflected before the statement generation then you don’t need to pay them. I had an incident with IRCTC for what refund was deducted from the statement, on another incident I had to pay it as SBI CARD didn’t reflect it for about 10 days.
escalate and raise issue till level- 2 officer.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
TempAcc wrote:

If refund was reflected before the statement generation then you don’t need to pay them. I had an incident with IRCTC for what refund was deducted from the statement on another incident I had to pay it as SBI CARD didn’t reflect it for about 10 days.
escalate and raise issue till level- 2 officer.

The refund was initiated after the bill was generated. But, in HDFC Credit Card that doesn’t matter. So, is it only SBI following this practice ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
nitikamhj wrote:

The refund was initiated after the bill was generated. But, in HDFC Credit Card that doesn’t matter. So, is it only SBI following this practice ?

Can’t really say if ONLY sbicard is following this as i never met such incident on my other cards.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I understand in your case, the refund credited / reflected after bill is generated. In that case you’ve to pay this present bill in full. Refunded amount should reflect/ adjust in next bill. You can verify it in ‘current outstanding’ amount.

Blaze Blaze
Link Copied

No worries….
Just load 10k from your SBI cc to Dhani…
Then Pay to SBI CC from Dhani using Billdesk….
Problem over 😁

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
AnJo wrote:

No worries….
Just load 10k from your SBI cc to Dhani…
Then Pay to SBI CC from Dhani using Billdesk….
Problem over 😁

Do we need full kyc in Dhani for this to work?

Blaze Blaze
Link Copied
Expand
SastaRaju wrote:

Do we need full kyc in Dhani for this to work?

Wallet load limt is 10K per month without Full KYC

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
AnJo wrote:

No worries….
Just load 10k from your SBI cc to Dhani…
Then Pay to SBI CC from Dhani using Billdesk….
Problem over 😁

Thanks for the idea. But, I don’t trust Dhani so did the same through Cred Rent Pay and got the cashback the same amount to the fees.

Missing