Is this a Fair Decision by Court to grant bail ?
Poll has expired, here are the final results
Hot Deal

# SC:) Write 300-word essay: Bail condition for Pune teen in Porsche crash that killed 2

1045°
Deal Captain
TridentDG
https://www.indiatoday.in/cities/pune/video/cct... 

CCTV footage captured a Porsche car in Pune that was being driven at a speed of 150 kmph and involved in an accident with a two-wheeler in the early morning hours of Sunday. The car, driven by a 17-year-old boy, rammed into the motorcycle and killed two techies who were on it.

The CCTV shows a road with vehicles plying on both sides and people walking on the roadside. Moments later, a speeding Porsche is seen passing through the area. After some time, several people rush to help the bike-borne couple after the accident.

The minor, who is the son of a renowned builder in Pune, got bail from a juvenile court, but with conditions like working alongside traffic police for 15 days, undergoing psychiatric evaluation and treatment and writing a 300-word essay on the "effect of road accidents and their solution".

https://www.indiatoday.in/cities/pune/story/com...

The juvenile driver was detained and produced in court, where he was granted bail with certain conditions, which include assisting traffic police for 15 days and undergoing treatment from a psychiatrist.

Top Comments
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

The judge is being cute! Sick!

If this didn't involve any deaths And this punk was caught by the police for speeding, this would have been an acceptable punishment.

He killed two people! He is not even going to juvenile detention!

15 days with traffic police? Why so he can learn how to get away without getting caught the next time?

Treatment? Last time I checked there is no cure for sadism.

All this because he is rich!

He should be tried as an adult and sent to jail for 20 years or atleast juvenile detention for a year until psych evaluation determines he repents his actions.

His father should be fined for being negligent and pay the victim families a huge sum(20 times their yearly salary, in my opinion).

You know what's worse, that punk won't even write the essay. Someone else will be paid to write it.

Link Copied

the sections charged are bailable and hence the bail. Nothing wrong with that.

The only thing to wonder here is that the kid secured bail on Sunday which is a court holiday

Link Copied
Yes thats power of money in democrazzzy
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Judicial reform is must in this country. No institution is there to check on the power of judiciary. This judgment is a joke and a slap on the aggrieved family.

110 Comments  |  
39 Dimers
  • Sort By
Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

What! Cost for life is writing an essay.

Is it democracy

Link Copied
Yes it is called

"power of money in democrazzzy"
View 13 more replies
Link Copied

the sections charged are bailable and hence the bail. Nothing wrong with that.

The only thing to wonder here is that the kid secured bail on Sunday which is a court holiday

Link Copied
Yes thats power of money in democrazzzy
View 4 more replies
Link Copied

The judge is being cute! Sick!

If this didn't involve any deaths And this punk was caught by the police for speeding, this would have been an acceptable punishment.

He killed two people! He is not even going to juvenile detention!

15 days with traffic police? Why so he can learn how to get away without getting caught the next time?

Treatment? Last time I checked there is no cure for sadism.

All this because he is rich!

He should be tried as an adult and sent to jail for 20 years or atleast juvenile detention for a year until psych evaluation determines he repents his actions.

His father should be fined for being negligent and pay the victim families a huge sum(20 times their yearly salary, in my opinion).

You know what's worse, that punk won't even write the essay. Someone else will be paid to write it.

Firestorm Firestorm
Link Copied

Just saw a video... This boils my blood
This is the 4th such case i hv seen ...
Where the driver was a spoiled guy from a rich family....

Also ,i think it was porsche taycan.. a electric car .. not made for indian roads.. and the car didn't even hav number plate on!

Link Copied

bail is fine buttttt this punishment is not giving feeling of enough (its not really scaring any newbies like him with this punishment sentence of essay writing) 

sad fate of democrazzzyyyyyy with money power

this will make money powered kids to repeat this same life killing game (insane)

the main intent of punishment is to scare others TO NOT COPY AND NOT REPEAT 

but here that main intent is killed DEAD 

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Supreme court should just openly say that if you got BIG money, links, etc then you're above law, the rest of us can just stuck being losers in this "cIViLiZeD" world.

Link Copied

They wont xD to keep this world (i.e country) in control and in sanity xD

View 2 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Judicial reform is must in this country. No institution is there to check on the power of judiciary. This judgment is a joke and a slap on the aggrieved family.

Link Copied

hmm if you want judicial system to change then the very root of country needs to be challenged like in war.. etc.. or else no one will touch judiciary rules (because everyone wants to keep past loop holes active)

so unless some unforeseen circumstances happens in a country judiciary rules wont ever be touched

Unless some good political party without selfishness appears (which is 99.99% impossible) everyone is selfish

View 9 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Courts don’t make law. Parliament makes law.. Court isn’t to blame; your elected MPs/MLAs are..

Link Copied

Ya politicians make law by passing bills in parliament by using their power bestowed upon them by people 

sadly i hardly find any politicians are faithful to people after getting our votes every 5 years once

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

The public prosecutors fight tooth and nail for politically motivated cases, for commoners like us the government and public prosecutors are chill, they don't give a hoot.

If you don't fight for the victim the court can't help much. Ultimately politicians side with the rich than the dead, easy choice.

Link Copied
Rightly guessed, these people get free  with the help of politicians
Remove SC and write the ruling parties name in the Title

Screenshot20240521180606Moneycontrol 
View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Two persons life is worth for a 300word essay?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This is a new low. Two persons life = 300 words essay by a criminal. Dude, even ChatGPT can write that!

We need to remember that laws are meant for people, people aren't meant for laws.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
law only applies to poor and opponent political party. 
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Ponder on 2012 Delhi gang r*pe and m*rder's convicted Juvenile and his release 

there are several more instances..

Now, there is vast difference between local judge and honorable hCJ/sCJ

Matter will challenged in higher court as per ACP.

IPC- Causing death by negligence.  And bail doesn't mean acquittal.. [ref:         https://www.desidime.com/discussions/sc-write-3...]

Truly said by @EndOfHistory ...

The IPC invoked against the accussed is bailable , so granted.

why not used IPC 304 and used 304(A) instead in the first place? Police Personnels should be held responsible as well; making this case weak.

Sentiments 🫡 but court generally not consider.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

how many of you will remember this after 7 days let's see. 

Link Copied

NON , sadly as thats how life moves on 

maybe someone will comment in 7 days , saying its not true, but another 14 days they forget it xD or repeat and forget finally

View 2 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

What I'm going to say has very less to do with this incident but is related to traffic and Pune.

Having lived in various cities, belonging to infamous Patna and even now I know Bengaluru very well, by far, the most dangerous roads I've seen would be of Pune.

ZERO traffic sense, ZERO civic sense, no law and order in place, absolute bullshit (big) city in terms of traffic.

My mother and I had a road accident in Pune in February, it was a major one and it's not that I'm saying all of this solely because of that incident, I've been living in Pune since 2018 ... had been away from the city off and on during Covid-19 days but my observation remains the same. I started cycling in Pune and trust me, I had to be so-so careful of speeding vehicle giving no shit to people going in the extreme left. In fact, forget extreme left, you can't even ride/drive in the extreme left because there would be something or the other bothering you, generally pothole or drainage which will be a crater and not levelled with the road. Baner could be a posh area but the road is like an ocean wave. Drink milk, eat raw sugar, take a spoon of coffee and travel on Baner Road, in the stomach you'll have a cold coffee made because of intense poor road and the situation has been the same since 2018 when I came to Pune.

I feel like crying seeing such a beautiful city turn into an absolute disastrous city. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

It was good that the Court didn't ask the victims parents to pay for the cost of the new Porsche.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Utter shame on Indian judiciary rolleyes rage triumph

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

Indian judiciary is joke. There are so many pending cases and prolong those for years. This case also going on trial for many many years and people will forget this case in next few days. 

What is bigger joke? 

Our mylords hear unnecessary PIL every day by famous PIL lawyers and give decisions within days and weeks. 

Our judiciary rotten like hell. 

View 2 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Mob Lynch this guy and his parents .

P.S - this will satisfy the crowd . 

Link Copied
Will it?
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

parents should be punished.

Savings Mentor Savings Mentor
Link Copied

Not only does the boy need a far severe punishment but his parents too share responsibility. Giving a car to a teenager when he's not responsible enough - typical badey baap ki bigdi aulad

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

Thats why banana republic. Have seen case where an old man died on spot in car accident and the guy roaming free with power of money.

Brand Enthusiast Brand Enthusiast
Link Copied

That kid can goto pub drink; drunk while driving; over speeding and no license(?)

More & more pile up he brings more & more money to balance. Remember law is all about balance

The poor lives are not even worth of his car, but worth of two papers (2 lives) inked ( blooded) with the incident. Funny though true

Link Copied

Remember it's us who promote VIP culture and try to take benefits. 

All depends on that day when we are pitched against a greater VIP than us then we cry foul.

We should ourselves denounce VIP culture only then we expect a fair system for all.

Cool Cool
Link Copied

6 users voted and view is that he is a innocent kid

I m shocked rolleyes

Link Copied
Don't know if intentionally or not.
Anyways, I can't say too much, it will be contempt of court & death of innocent DemoCrashy. 🤐🤐🤐🤫🤑
Edit- wrong emoji given. I wanted to give this pensive
View 13 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

now his father is in prison.

Wishlist Champion Wishlist Champion
Link Copied

New laws must introduced for Juvenile courts

With the internet age and Influencers kids started behaving like elders in early ages and it increase 100x if they have wealthy parents

In the coming age this of incidents will increase 

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied

Update: Case registered against 4 father , hotel owner and manager and Pune police commissioner is excercising the ways to convict him as an adult

Link Copied

Good. As they should!

Generous Generous
Link Copied

I feel sorry for the victim's family

The decision of the court is a direct slap for them

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

It's became an issue because everyone raised voice.. Sometimes you have to ride your horse and fight, it's not ideal to sit on your horse and watch the world burn.

View 2 more replies
Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied

Court is promoting juvenile crime 🥲

replyuser
Click here to reply