Seeking Feedback on TP-Link AC1750 Range Extender Performance

115°
Deal Newbie
Spartans

Hello Dimers, 

I am currently looking for a reliable range extender, and I came across the TP-Link AC1750 Universal Dual Band Range Extender.

Before making a purchase decision, I wanted to reach out to the community and gather some insights from those who may have used this particular model.

If you have experience with the TP-Link AC1750 Range Extender, could you please share your thoughts on its performance? How has it enhanced your network coverage, and have you encountered any notable pros or cons? Your firsthand experiences will greatly assist me in making an informed choice.

Thank you!

Top Comments
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I used TP Link AV1000. It uses AC electric wiring line and repeater can be connected on different floor on same house or office. Worked well for me.

I used it for a different purpose on stealth mode in a restricted zone far away from the original router. Can't say more; smart guys will however understand the potential (mis)uses. 

For normal range extending within same floor, use any router as extender.

19 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Range extenders work fine and perfectly if they are same make/brand.

I hope your router is same make/brand.

Also suggest you to update router/exender software from updates available at brand website for better performance and security.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

My main router is provided by Airtel sad

View 1 more reply
Generous Generous
Link Copied

You can also go with the Normal Router, most of them has extender mode.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Thanks. Any specific router that you used or using currently that delivers better bandwidth?

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
While I do not have any first person exposure (as asked by you)
An ex-colleague's family used to have it.

Seems like a fairly robust product.
And although the concerns raiaed above (about cross compatibility) might be valid,
the connection via the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) option is fairly straightforward.

Albeit they had ro figure their way around https://www.metageek.com/training/resources/why-channels-1-6-11.html band selection and stuff.

Sometimes the ISP provider routers or those of some other make, might throw up some DNS configuration hiccups in general. (Not specifically talking of Archer C7 alone.)

But nothing that I could recollect as a major deal breaker, especially if both the router and the extender are compatible and/or of same make.

Their forums https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/198516 too have active feedbacks from the users.
Thusly, it might be worthwhile to drop-in there too.
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Thanks for the information...😊

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Why not go for mesh? Check tplink deco m4, set of two will cost 5-6k. 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I heard that they provide better coverage but bandwidthis not upto the mark. But haven't tried that so don't know. Thanks for the suggestion

View 4 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I used TP Link AV1000. It uses AC electric wiring line and repeater can be connected on different floor on same house or office. Worked well for me.

I used it for a different purpose on stealth mode in a restricted zone far away from the original router. Can't say more; smart guys will however understand the potential (mis)uses. 

For normal range extending within same floor, use any router as extender.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Watson wrote:
...I used it for a different purpose... Can't say more...
😉Ranchhod-das Shyamaldas Chhanchad🙃🙂
View 3 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply