Seeking Guidance For Career From Senior Members

119°
Crowdpuller
nightfreaker...

Hello dimers. This post I’m writing for people who think that they are worth of something doing but yet not able to get proper direction

So I’m 25 male. Graduated and than learnt textile business by being in textile agency. In COVID 2109 the person teaching me took a step of firing all employees as he didn’t had money to pay. By God’s grace I with my brother started our own new venture of dry fruits, gourmet products,spices digitally and today we are Serving well known personalities of our city. I’m planning to take this venture ahead by doing a shop and doing insta marketing.
During all this time I thought that this business is enough to be handled by one person and doesn’t requires 2 youngsters in it. So hereby i seek your suggestions and advice for doing something new . Let it be business or job.

Expired
15 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

le me when i was 25

22g bahut aage jaoge. try to do something in dry fruit and textile business online only as u have more experience than anyone of us.dont leave these industries as u have good knowledge and experience about this.

wait karoonga for good deal on dry fruits for desidime friends

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

le me when i was 25

22g bahut aage jaoge. try to do something in dry fruit and textile business online only as u have more experience than anyone of us.dont leave these industries as u have good knowledge and experience about this.

wait karoonga for good deal on dry fruits for desidime friends

Thank u for well wishes. I’m seating in a textile hub and still not able to do anything.

Reasons- Very huge capital required to start my own textile wholesale business.
Many fraudsters are now there where we sell our goods and it is all on credit.

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied

I believe there are many people unemployed or hidden employed who’s lacking just because of direction. In our circle i see old men who gave their whole life in business but today because of Indian economy they are crying and looking for something new to do by doing kirana business opening bakery and other such businesses.

Will again request all senior member doing job in MNCs or who have established good business guide us

This is one of the important topic because it Is said ideal mind is place for devil . And i believe in that everyone should be engaged in some or other ( good, Social )activities irrespective of their age.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
nightfreakers741 wrote:

Thank u for well wishes. I’m seating in a textile hub and still not able to do anything.

Reasons- Very huge capital required to start my own textile wholesale business.
Many fraudsters are now there where we sell our goods and it is all on credit.

Bhai yoi must be from Surat .
How HUGE investment is required and for what , whether going into production or wholesale or semiwholesale .Type of business Sarees / Dress Material . Calculate youtself .
As you already know iironically mostly ts a creadit business you have to be cautious atleast in initial stage ,and that huge investment or free flow money will make you liberal and careless in getting actual returns from investment.
Start small with eyes and ears open and mind clear.
Even small business resellers flourish

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied
Expand
Common-man wrote:

Bhai yoi must be from Surat .
How HUGE investment is required and for what , whether going into production or wholesale or semiwholesale .Type of business Sarees / Dress Material . Calculate youtself .
As you already know iironically mostly ts a creadit business you have to be cautious atleast in initial stage ,and that huge investment or free flow money will make you liberal and careless in getting actual returns from investment.
Start small with eyes and ears open and mind clear.
Even small business resellers flourish

Yes I’m from surat. I wanted to know that if I’m direct manufacturer how I can distinguish myself from the big elephants that has already deeply buried their leg in this sector . They have money they have good purchasing power they can give credit can take goods return (worst part of textile). I’m young intelligent educated. How can I rise amongst these people? Any suggestions?

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied

I started selling on meesho but again worst experience there 50% return from doors and some parcels got stolen no answer from meesho .

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
nightfreakers741 wrote:

Yes I’m from surat. I wanted to know that if I’m direct manufacturer how I can distinguish myself from the big elephants that has already deeply buried their leg in this sector . They have money they have good purchasing power they can give credit can take goods return (worst part of textile). I’m young intelligent educated. How can I rise amongst these people? Any suggestions?

my brother started retail textile business and bought many products from surat he always paid in advance via bank transfer , one problem he faced that he had to buy 6 pieces of same design or something like that even after knowing that he will not be able to sell all 6 , try working on that you have to first target a unique set of buyers make them loyal and you can expand your business any day.

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

my brother started retail textile business and bought many products from surat he always paid in advance via bank transfer , one problem he faced that he had to buy 6 pieces of same design or something like that even after knowing that he will not be able to sell all 6 , try working on that you have to first target a unique set of buyers make them loyal and you can expand your business any day.

Yes correct it here we either make catalogue or color matching. Because we have to see at India level which color will run accordingly we select designs and colors . I agree this is a problem but this can’t be worked out easily because either you have to buy sizes or color or designs. Also tell your brother to contact us for his purchasing we have 50 years of experience in this field we’ll cater him with best of rates and products.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
nightfreakers741 wrote:

Yes correct it here we either make catalogue or color matching. Because we have to see at India level which color will run accordingly we select designs and colors . I agree this is a problem but this can’t be worked out easily because either you have to buy sizes or color or designs. Also tell your brother to contact us for his purchasing we have 50 years of experience in this field we’ll cater him with best of rates and products.

lockdown kicked him out of this business else would have referred to you.
In starting if this was possible it would have helped him because regional fashion is different from generic fashion. something may sell well in some region and something may not and vice versa.

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied

police , thank me later

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
nightfreakers741 wrote:

Yes I’m from surat. I wanted to know that if I’m direct manufacturer how I can distinguish myself from the big elephants that has already deeply buried their leg in this sector . They have money they have good purchasing power they can give credit can take goods return (worst part of textile). I’m young intelligent educated. How can I rise amongst these people? Any suggestions?

Networking and Good Relationship  with Customers .
Big Elephants  have Big Overheads and Big Return  Goods problem (yes the return goods is worst part of the  industry together with bad debts )

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied
Expand
Common-man wrote:

Networking and Good Relationship  with Customers .
Big Elephants  have Big Overheads and Big Return  Goods problem (yes the return goods is worst part of the  industry together with bad debts )

Ya both the two above points are true. But it seems to me like ray of sun in a dark room.actutally textile is big sector. There are many products being traded here. Many are exported. Recently in Dubai Expo many manufacturers from Surat hold their stalls. And what i considered (inexperienced) is that export is much better than giving to these local vendors (those who take surat goods lightly). Cloth of Burkha digital printing many are booming outside. But where to start with that I’m not getting idea. I can struggle and find manufacturers here of all these things but where to find buyer. That’s the issue I’m facing

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
nightfreakers741 wrote:

Ya both the two above points are true. But it seems to me like ray of sun in a dark room.actutally textile is big sector. There are many products being traded here. Many are exported. Recently in Dubai Expo many manufacturers from Surat hold their stalls. And what i considered (inexperienced) is that export is much better than giving to these local vendors (those who take surat goods lightly). Cloth of Burkha digital printing many are booming outside. But where to start with that I’m not getting idea. I can struggle and find manufacturers here of all these things but where to find buyer. That’s the issue I’m facing

You will have to do travelling.
Villages towns cities  markets personally  or have one person appointed. Create goodwill .
Visit shopkeepers and show them samples and take orders.
Exports for newcomers and if inexperienced  is big no .

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply