Shameful act by YATRA: Not refunding cancellation amt on gift voucher of INR 5000

74°
Deal Cadet
Dealhunting

I had a yatra gift voucher of INR 5K via sbi milestones on credit card.

I made a booking using it and due to some change in plan I wanted to cancel

When I went to their site in cancellation it was mentioned amount will be transferred as insta cash

But out of INR 5392 after I cancelled, they only refnded INR 392 and not INR 5000 of gift voucher.

What should I do?

This is in reference to your hotel booking number ********* . Kindly be informed that your booking has already been cancelled online by you and refund of INR 392 has been initiated to your yatra account and rest of the amount was paid through the gift voucher which was one time usable and non refundable in nature hence no refund shall be applicable against the voucher .

Kindly note that the amount paid through credit card/debit card/net banking/wallet payment-like paytm, amazon only can be taken into yatra E-wallet not payment made through Gift voucher .

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this regard.

Please feel free to write back to us for any further assistance.

14 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I am also facing same issue. I used 2500 GV and some amount by netbanking. Got only refund of netbanking amount. Connected with CC they said, GV is only one time usable so cant refund. Strange but unfortunately i think we cant do much.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

These vouchers are one time use only and its same for all.
U should have been careful.
Which SBI card milestone was this? read T&C again and see if there is any point in your favour or talk to SBI CC and request them.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

it’s mentioned in the tnc!
Once I had used gift voucher for goibibo, but this time, the hotel cancelled the booking as they said they don’t have any rooms left for the dates (thus cancelled). Goibibo didn’t refund me the gift voucher amount as they said its for one time use only and cant be refunded. I fought with them stating that the hotel cancelled my booking and it wasn’t my fault (so cant be penalized), the fight lasted for a month and finally got it transferred to my bank account. I got the GV for free anyways for my transactions on HDFC Credit card smile

So, if you have cancelled the booking, forget the GV, you wont get it.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
desidime__admin wrote:

it’s mentioned in the tnc!
Once I had used gift voucher for goibibo, but this time, the hotel cancelled the booking as they said they don’t have any rooms left for the dates (thus cancelled). Goibibo didn’t refund me the gift voucher amount as they said its for one time use only and cant be refunded. I fought with them stating that the hotel cancelled my booking and it wasn’t my fault (so cant be penalized), the fight lasted for a month and finally got it transferred to my bank account. I got the GV for free anyways for my transactions on HDFC Credit card smile

So, if you have cancelled the booking, forget the GV, you wont get it.

Yes, right. Basically thats what CC told me as well. I cancelled the hotel and told them as Govt. has closed the temples so i am unable to go, but they said as hotel is operating (plus GV one time used) so they are unable to do any refund.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Happy to share yatra has alllowed reuse of the voucher as a one time exception for another new booking.

problem solved

Dimer Of The Year 2012 Dimer Of The Year 2012
Link Copied
Dealhunting wrote:

Happy to share yatra has alllowed reuse of the voucher as a one time exception for another new booking.

problem solved

Good to hear
Yatra had been taken over by a diff company? so beware

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Dealhunting wrote:

Happy to share yatra has alllowed reuse of the voucher as a one time exception for another new booking.

problem solved

Can you share how you got this resolved? Through email or phone? How they agreed for one time exception. I will also give another try. I just dint replied to their last mail where they said unable to refund.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

They play fast and loose all the time with their TnC.

For Yatra, see:
https://www.sbicard.com/en/personal/rewards/yat...

19. In case of cancellations, EGV amount will be used for next booking once after deducting the standard cancellation charges. Customer will need to call – 0124-4883876/77 for cancellation and re-booking.

Try quoting that to them and see what happens.

BTW, something totally opposite is usually written in the introductory TnC that you get for the first time along with your card.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
letsrockhero wrote:

Can you share how you got this resolved? Through email or phone? How they agreed for one time exception. I will also give another try. I just dint replied to their last mail where they said unable to refund.

On the mail

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

these days using gift voucher is getting difficult…fk blocks account, yarta, goibibo dont refund gv.
basically this is companies version of looting customers.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I had the same problem, they have issued me the voucher back.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Happy to share got the refund of the voucher in my bank account today smile

03/11/2020 WWW YATRA COM GURGAON IN Credit ******

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Dealhunting wrote:

Happy to share got the refund of the voucher in my bank account today smile

03/11/2020 WWW YATRA COM GURGAON IN Credit ******

People will take advantage of this. GV TO cash by cancelling the booking stuck_out_tongue smile

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Achilles wrote:

Good to hear
Yatra had been taken over by a diff company? so beware

as far as I know, that deal have’t gone through….

but yes, cannot trust on YATRA now. In fact, I always play safe with travel portal.

Missing