Share your 2000 note exchange experience through PostOffice & RBI

122°
Deal Cadet
ENCOUNTER_SH...

RBI deadline has ended on October 7 to deposit 2000 notes in banks. Now only way is either go to RBI (nearest one is Chennai RBI for me, 100 KM's away)or fill one form & then send insured/speed post to RBI through Post-Office. I went to Post-Office today but they don't have any guidelines and were helpless. Not much info available over internet. Any dimer have such experiences please share. TIA

Top Comments
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Update: Went to RBI Chennai & exchanged. Not sure how many days it will take for the amount to be credited via insured post method and have doubts(lot of paperwork?) on how to claim insurance if the postal cover is lost/stolen. For 20K, insurance+postal charges+other charges if any will be almost 1600 rs. So backed out from postal option. Thank you everyone for inputs @JD4444 @Demon_slayer @saucap @meal.coupon @Ramesh1997 @myfungang829 @ bjp100 @RasAlGhul

20 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

Tbh after notebandi incident I rarely used cash.... So I didn't had any money in hand more the 5k.... So it was easy for me as I have only 4 notes in hand

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

15-20 notes in total we had I think. All deposited in bank on the first working day after announcement

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Why did you wait all this time? People got rid of their 2000 notes almost a year ago. How much are you holding?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

this is for one of our family friend, She kept those money for any future emergency and forgot. During this festival season, she was cleaning house and found them, total 10 notes. She isn't that much educated and asking me for help

View 6 more replies
Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Had 2units of 2k Deno note..
Got 1-2 after the announcement..
Deposited everything as I got at SBI e-Corner.

@ENCOUNTER_SHANKAR Maybe u try this once as well.
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

deadline to deposit/exchange through banks has ended on 7 October 😢

View 3 more replies
Link Copied

You will have to stand in long queue if you go to RBI office directly to submit 2000 denomination. 

https://m.rbi.org.in//Scripts/BS_PressReleaseDi...

You will get an application form in this press release. Although RBI accepts 2000 note along with attached application form through speed post you might find speed post a bit risky. Hence comes the option of insured post. Fill the form, visit nearby post office and just tell them that you want to do an insured post. 

No specific guidelines is needed for post office as that option is already available at post offices. 

https://www.indiapost.gov.in/MBE/Pages/Content/....

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

@ENCOUNTER_SHANKAR This is the way. I can confirm.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Update: Went to RBI Chennai & exchanged. Not sure how many days it will take for the amount to be credited via insured post method and have doubts(lot of paperwork?) on how to claim insurance if the postal cover is lost/stolen. For 20K, insurance+postal charges+other charges if any will be almost 1600 rs. So backed out from postal option. Thank you everyone for inputs @JD4444 @Demon_slayer @saucap @meal.coupon @Ramesh1997 @myfungang829 @ bjp100 @RasAlGhul

Link Copied
Send it via speed post, nothing gets lost. The government post is more trustworthy than private couriers....
View 1 more reply
replyuser
Click here to reply