Have you dropped using Slice ever since the RBI ban?
Poll has expired, here are the final results
Hot Deal

Slice Card - Will No Longer Be Credit Linked

995°
Deal Subedar
Thunder766

Changes from November 2022 onwards.

unnamed


Original image link:
https://imgur.com/a/V...lh

Expiring In 24 days
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
Top Comments
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
some1anywhere964 wrote:
I always redeemed the monies immediately instead of waiting for 0.5% or 1% higher rate because inflation rises in the period we wait so it costs the same.
how? 
you lose purchasing power due to inflationary depreciation on what you have.
eg. a person averaging 10k per month will have 1,20,000 per year spendings annually.  Lets take hypothetical 5 years to break the 2% barrier:

if withdraws as per your advice
on 10k per month for 1 year (120k)
monies earned 1% of 120k=1200 redeemed per year or 100 redeemed per month
at the end of the year, no inflationary losses as no slice monies present
net total at 5 years=1200*5=6000Rs

waits for 2% and does not redeem monies
at the end of 5 years; average spend= 600000; so 2% unlocked
monies earned 2% of 600000=12,000
assuming average inflation of 6% p.a.; applying this effect for 5 years using compounding= 4059 (inflationary losses of purchasing power)
net= 12000-4059=7941Rs

7941>6000

Inflationary advice will only work if the inflation rate > 8.5% p.a for this average amount of bill, or if your monthly sends to reach 5L is less than inflationary% per month

so at the end of 5 years, you save more by waiting, and this is applicable on not only 5 years but 1/2/3 or any years, if your provider is giving you higher incentives to spend more like slice

that said 
pls redeem your monies as no company is dependable as seen in FTX
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sivaram412 wrote:

Is it good to redeem the monies? Later they might become waste.

I always redeemed the monies immediately instead of waiting for 0.5% or 1% higher rate because inflation rises in the period we wait so it costs the same.
Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied
agada wrote:
What do we do with slice Monies? I have 2.6 lacs, was waiting to reach 3lacs to get 1.5% instead of 1%. 
Happens Many times with me
Whenever I want to go for advantage I always fall
Best example Once I had 5000 supercash in just 1 day mobikwik changed everything
Best thing i leaned is that go for smaller even though reward value is less
63 Comments  |  
38 Dimers
  • Sort By
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Used this Month Only on amazon offer 10% Upto 2500 Offer

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied
What one Nord Bug does to a mf:
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

The end of the Slice Era

To summarise :-

1. No simple credit/paylater account with a linked card.

2. App will be broken into 3 sections

3. The first section will be a pre-paid wallet account for which no credit score is needed with a card like Mobikwik Wallet ZIP Pre-paid Card Just for fancy no one uses it you know it I know it 😐

4. The second section will be called Slice borrow. We have to borrow some amount from our credit limit (purchase power) and every time we borrow it a flat fee will be levied as understood from the terms even if we pay within one month. Yes maybe now they'll make multiple loan accounts

5. The 3rd section will be a UPI App where there are other smooth leaders like Phonepe Gpay and all.

One things certain RBI Guidelines killed them ☠️⚰️



Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Lets wait for these changes to happen and will see if anything better comes up in terms of offer. Otherwise closure is the last option.
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
What do we do with slice Monies? I have 2.6 lacs, was waiting to reach 3lacs to get 1.5% instead of 1%. 
Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied
agada wrote:
What do we do with slice Monies? I have 2.6 lacs, was waiting to reach 3lacs to get 1.5% instead of 1%. 
Should have ordered Nord CE 2
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
ashb009 wrote:
Should have ordered Nord CE 2
Ordered 5, but still short grinning
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

They could've launched an actual credit card like onecard and spoon by partnering with a bank. Prepaid cards are useless fees for adding money thru cc and extra charges for making payment through prepaid card 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Basically slice card is gone. Will close it soon. What will happen to PostPe and Uni card ?
Critic Critic
Link Copied
kkrulesdnation wrote:
Basically slice card is gone. Will close it soon. What will happen to PostPe and Uni card ?
Next in line to follow the same path. smile
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Oh crap! I have saved a lot with Slice even though it's not a credit card. A sad day definitely. Oh well despite being a prepaid card, if they have good "Spark" offers, it will be a success.

But they really should have used this opportunity to become a full-fledged credit card, in partnership with another bank.

Strangely enough, Uni card messaged me on WhatsApp the other day saying that I can now use it again! Got ₹150 flat cashback too on a transaction.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expected to happen. They went broke when they sponsored Mumbai Indians, and RBI kicked all paylater CC butt with new policy.
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
agada wrote:
What do we do with slice Monies? I have 2.6 lacs, was waiting to reach 3lacs to get 1.5% instead of 1%. 

In the mail it is mentioned that you will continue to receive monies on your transactions even I have monies above 3L waiting to cross 5L to get 2%

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied

Slice will offer Rewards/cashback on Slice UPI transaction -  😬😬

Slice card remains as rewarding as ever. It is now directly connected to your slice mini account. You will continue to enjoy upto 2% cashback on each card transaction, and get instant cashback with slice spark. Link your mini account to slice UPI to make secure pin-free payments while enjoying instant cashback even on your UPI transactions.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Chaliye Slice ko vanakam 🙏🏻

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Gaurav_G wrote:

The end of the Slice Era

To summarise :-

1. No simple credit/paylater account with a linked card.

2. App will be broken into 3 sections

3. The first section will be a pre-paid wallet account for which no credit score is needed with a card like Mobikwik Wallet ZIP Pre-paid Card Just for fancy no one uses it you know it I know it 😐

4. The second section will be called Slice borrow. We have to borrow some amount from our credit limit (purchase power) and every time we borrow it a flat fee will be levied as understood from the terms even if we pay within one month. Yes maybe now they'll make multiple loan accounts

5. The 3rd section will be a UPI App where there are other smooth leaders like Phonepe Gpay and all.

One things certain RBI Guidelines killed them ☠️⚰️



Quick question. Post these new updates, for existing slice users, will the current loan accounts linked to our credit score be removed, assuming they don't use the borrowing feature? 

Upi & slice mini should not have a credit account linked i guess right?

If they continue to give sparks, monies & offers and delete the current loan account linked to credit scores, it's a win-win for me

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Is it good to redeem the monies? Later they might become waste.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sivaram412 wrote:

Is it good to redeem the monies? Later they might become waste.

I always redeemed the monies immediately instead of waiting for 0.5% or 1% higher rate because inflation rises in the period we wait so it costs the same.
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

should pay the bill or not.. what will happen to cibil

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
I have 5lqc monies should i have to reedem it asap or else will it be carry forward to next slice mini prepaid card please share suggestions i am confused?
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Amazon CB offer was the last one I guess. Bye Bye Slice !!
Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied
abhishek012 wrote:

Slice will offer Rewards/cashback on Slice UPI transaction -  😬😬

Slice card remains as rewarding as ever. It is now directly connected to your slice mini account. You will continue to enjoy upto 2% cashback on each card transaction, and get instant cashback with slice spark. Link your mini account to slice UPI to make secure pin-free payments while enjoying instant cashback even on your UPI transactions.

What mini account?
Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied
agada wrote:
What do we do with slice Monies? I have 2.6 lacs, was waiting to reach 3lacs to get 1.5% instead of 1%. 
Happens Many times with me
Whenever I want to go for advantage I always fall
Best example Once I had 5000 supercash in just 1 day mobikwik changed everything
Best thing i leaned is that go for smaller even though reward value is less
Wingman Wingman
Link Copied
kashish13 wrote:
I have 5lqc monies should i have to reedem it asap or else will it be carry forward to next slice mini prepaid card please share suggestions i am confused?
Don't take risk. Redeem it asap. Btw your surname is Soni?
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

should pay slice bill or not as company is getting closed

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
khushwantgautam2645 wrote:

should pay slice bill or not as company is getting closed

Hahahahaha. i hope ur just joking.

we have to pay up what we owe bro 😊 doesn't matter whether Company closing or division closing or feature closing..

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Good! I just finished all referral earnings this month! 🤪🤪🤪 

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
MisterTea wrote:
Don't take risk. Redeem it asap. Btw your surname is Soni?

+1

whether his surname is soni or not soni, he must immediately redeem (encash his sona) 😂

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply