Hot Deal Stick with Jio or move out?

358°
83
2690
47

I just realized that every month I’m recharging for Jio 149, therefore 1800 per year but I’m not utilising more than 95% of what offered. Like in whole a month, total outgoing call duration for me remains at 3 to 4 hours tops. And out of 24 GB offered data per month, I use maybe 1 GB (much less in reality).

So should I stick with Jio still or try to find cheaper alternative? I would have ported to something like Voda right now but their outgoing call rates are hilarious. Like if you call someone for even 5 mins 10 rupees is deducted! Lmao.

Please advise.

56 Comments  |  
24 Dimers
  • Sort By
42
349
8
ramadesidime wrote:

RC with 329 plan for 84 days (comes with 6GB/3months).
Recharge data plan of 11 or some thing, if you need more data.

I always do this and make a simple top-up of 10₹ to get additional 1GB data(over and above 7.97 as talktime)

However day before yesterday I didn’t get any data and I feel they discontinued that offer sob sob sob

83
2690
47
Expand
this.person.actually wrote:

I always do this and make a simple top-up of 10₹ to get additional 1GB data(over and above 7.97 as talktime)

However day before yesterday I didn’t get any data and I feel they discontinued that offer sob sob sob

You do the recharge from jio’s own app right? Ever got any CB for the recharge from any app?

50
20
0
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

I use one number only, always have always will. Now what you say there scares me.
Any BSNL user here who can throw some light in the matter of their 3G connectivity? It would be helpful.

I checked BSNL plans last night, it seems to be perfect for me. Everything is there, from rate cutters, to unlimited plans should I even require it and so on.

respect🙇🏽s for that! (keeping a single number). obviously the number too might be the same in decades.

as for, what you said about R-Jio (10MB 10minutes, in a heavy footfall public place)
versus
a single network/number, that too mostly 3G (4G was only rolled out in rural areas initially. as they directly shifted from 2G to 4G.) and soon after the political DEMOCRATICALLY elected government paused all tendering for network hardware expansion.

so these⤴ above factors (primarily, you “having to” depend on just that one network) makes BSNL slightly less feasible.
.
Although, personally i have found their dispute/ Service Rewuest resolution system FAAAAAR better. (and i say so, DESPITE the vendors of BSNL being FORCED to shift all call centre ops of West India to a single state: Gujarat).
.
Even then, unlike R-Jio at-least, BSNL (third party call centre kids) at-least takes even simple complaints like “internet slow or pagws not opening” since N hours.. these kinds of requests.
.
Maybe Airtel too, after initially trying to avoid.. do take such SR (Service Requests nee complaints).
But at Jio.. it seems they are hiring people.. ONLY to ask tge customers to ‘visit our site’ ‘download our app/ go to help section’
.
*What i suggest:
is that for once you can be non monogamous. have a short passionate week or so {{cough}} sweaty steamy s experience with alternate networks.
just for research and trial
Because except heavy videos, yoytubey sitrs, even BSNL 3G was not bad in most places (but my exposure was not in East).
.
Similarly, do ensure to test or compare networks in similar or same device configurations please.
In BSNL.. i could luckily have two ‘same’ devices (mobile phones) withnpractically same age of battery and device and factory reset/ same apps in both.
.
Versus later, different type of devices and varying data types.
.
In my view, the less complicated (bloatware free) the devices/machines are.. the better throughput one gets.
.
With BSNL (in most regions) non scheduled outages are rare. but for more expert inputs on the same, you could seek pointers from https://desidime.com/chats/426169 (he has sufficiently long experience of using various networks, including BSNL, pan India. definitely so in East too).
.
P.S.: from BSNL (mobile network) you may not be able to connect to +912230430101 sad 180030009027 180030001593 et al. as Amazon vendors seem to have some issues every two years or so and simply do not bother to renew type-up with BSNL to connect to their numbers.

28
9525
55
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

I don’t keep any secondary number or anything of the sorts. I use one number only, always have always will. Now what you say there scares me. I thought as they provide 3G at least the service would be stable.

Jio is far from being consistent anyway. So many days in the premise of Calcutta High Court i tried to send 10-20 mb documents to lawyers and it took more than 10 mins. And it was under open sky. So I don’t believe any network is there which is actually stable.

Any BSNL user here who can throw some light in the matter of their 3G connectivity? It would be helpful.

I checked BSNL plans last night, it seems to be perfect for me. Everything is there, from rate cutters, to unlimited plans should I even require it and so on.

Single sim and
BSNL ?
नैव नैव च
Never

0
5434
146
Expand
Deal-Maker wrote:

Is it possible to recharge Rs. 329 jio plan (6 GB & 84 Days) using Payzapp?

Nope.. may depend on the number though..

0
48
8
Expand
this.person.actually wrote:

My ‘NO’ was for the dimers comment mentioning ’Jio’s own app’

What sounds unsure in my comment?

Actually, wanted to know how Rs. 329 jio plan gets successfully recharged for you?
For me, the transaction fails & money is refunded.

42
349
8
Expand
Deal-Maker wrote:

Actually, wanted to know how Rs. 329 jio plan gets successfully recharged for you?
For me, the transaction fails & money is refunded.

Yes, I sometimes face failure in electricity bills but this went smooth. I’ll attach a screenshot.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/659765/medium/Screenshot_20210114-200456_2.png?1610636180
@ithehappy  @alienteck

83
2690
47
Expand
this.person.actually wrote:

Yes, I sometimes face failure in electricity bills but this went smooth. I’ll attach a screenshot.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/659765/medium/Screenshot_20210114-200456_2.png?1610636180
@ithehappy  @alienteck

I believed you the first time. But extra thanks for the screenshot. I’ll recharge tomorrow itself, so I can confirm this further.

176
905
6
ramadesidime wrote:

RC with 329 plan for 84 days (comes with 6GB/3months).
Recharge data plan of 11 or some thing, if you need more data.

129/329 plans are not visible in amazon app. any idea why ?

20
2246
23
Expand
akki.akki wrote:

129/329 plans are not visible in amazon app. any idea why ?

329 is only available in myjio app

0
48
8

Tried Rs. 329 jio plan on my two jio numbers, failed both time. It was successful for two of my friends.

The only difference was that my jio numbers are ported-in & my friends numbers are jio from the beginning. Could this be the reason?

83
2690
47
Deal-Maker wrote:

Tried Rs. 329 jio plan on my two jio numbers, failed both time. It was successful for two of my friends.

The only difference was that my jio numbers are ported-in & my friends numbers are jio from the beginning. Could this be the reason?

Don’t think so. My number is also ported in from Voda and i was able to successfully recharge with 329 from PZ. I tried with 129 before trying 329, that one failed though. Not sure what’s the main factor between success and failure of the 329 recharge only PZ could say i suppose! Or it just maybe random.

0
48
8
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Don’t think so. My number is also ported in from Voda and i was able to successfully recharge with 329 from PZ. I tried with 129 before trying 329, that one failed though. Not sure what’s the main factor between success and failure of the 329 recharge only PZ could say i suppose! Or it just maybe random.

It seems to be random then!

Payzapp responded with the below:
We regret to inform that the recharge transactions initiated on 23-Jan-2021 were declined by the operator. Therefore, you are requested to get in touch with the respective operator for further clarifications.

Missing