Suggest some unexplored places in Himachal/Uttarakhand for a week long.

225°
suspended
50
253
1

Seriously want to go to mountains for atleast a week. Please suggest a peaceful place where network connectivity is also good so that i can continue work from home and stay in least expenditure.

Can stay even for month if like the place.

31 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
138
4037
23

Good topic. I also need suggestions for same. Please suggest if you have any experience.

50
42442
399

Sardi chaalu ho gayi. Ab mat jaana. Jukaam ho gayaa toh hospital waale Corona confirm kar ke 2 lakh ka bill thamaa denge 😁

199
975
27

Saucap suggestion is considerable, but in case if you’re still interested then you may choose to goto Munsiyari in Uttarakhand or Kaza in Himachal.

53
20
1

Watch visa2explore good youtube channel just shown good place of utrakhand and currently himachal series going on

18
3116
22

I loved Manikaran vibe. This is from my solo trip back in 2014.

54
293
1

i am going to snow valley resort, shimla between dec 3-6 with family. 70% hotel sponsored by HDFC card points

50
253
1
saucap wrote:

Sardi chaalu ho gayi. Ab mat jaana. Jukaam ho gayaa toh hospital waale Corona confirm kar ke 2 lakh ka bill thamaa denge 😁

Bro, i am not gonna go out mostly but want to work from mountains. Anyways, I have already been through covid so, i don’t worry about anything now.

But life is being too monotonous staying at home.

50
253
1
vishyvish1420 wrote:

Saucap suggestion is considerable, but in case if you’re still interested then you may choose to goto Munsiyari in Uttarakhand or Kaza in Himachal.

Have heard a lot about munsiyari, have you ever been there? Just wanted to know your experience. Also if i could get good internet and cheap accommodation (<500 rs/night, hostels or homestays preferred)

199
975
27
Expand
Kaal_Bhairav wrote:

Have heard a lot about munsiyari, have you ever been there? Just wanted to know your experience. Also if i could get good internet and cheap accommodation (<500 rs/night, hostels or homestays preferred)

Yes bro, you can take a very good route in fact. You might like to divide your stay between Munsiyari, Chaukori, Kasauni, Ranikhet, etc. They are all famous for their sunset n sunrises plus they also have good trekking spots especially Munsiyari! Nice place. Hotel costed me around 800 rs for a double bedroom in Munsiyari in 2017, you might get a hostel or homestay for around 500 rs I think.

50
713
3

Not the right time for travel, stay home stay safe and look forward for next year.

The moment you step out now into an unknown territory, all your mind does is worry for the next 14 days to check whether if you are getting any symptoms.

25
930
4

Dont worry hardly anyone suffers there, thanks to lifestyle, natural mineral water etc
Try jibhi in tirthan valley. Went there few days back. Awesome place.
If you want to try camp n tent try mystic wild,
for tree house experience try hidden burrow both nearby. Do visit the pass n lake and treck too.
Try it before it become touristy like manali.

1,129
9518
41

Himachal -
Prashar Lake (you’ll have to check on mobile connectivity)
Dharamkot – Popular backpacker destination, close to Mcleodganj
Palampur – Well known place, Dharamshala & Mcleodganj are just an hour away
Barot & Jogindernagar

90
4482
161

In himachal I can assure you the best of places have the worst of mobile network.

Instead of you are under 25, check the youth hostel website and find nearest place to you.

Usually they have the best locations with good mobile and transport connectivity.

Not cheaper but safer than home stay.

50
32
1

Is it okay to go out during the pandemic time? I think it is important to stay home for now and enjoy the leisure later when everything is settling down.

12
3504
72
vishyvish1420 wrote:

Saucap suggestion is considerable, but in case if you’re still interested then you may choose to goto Munsiyari in Uttarakhand or Kaza in Himachal.

Munsiyari is superb near to Himalayas n nepal border went all d way from ap

12
3504
72
Expand
Kaal_Bhairav wrote:

Have heard a lot about munsiyari, have you ever been there? Just wanted to know your experience. Also if i could get good internet and cheap accommodation (<500 rs/night, hostels or homestays preferred)

In Munsyari there is trekking place called khaliya top u have to trek for around 5 kms It wil take 3 hrs.if u trek whole top u wil see nandadevi parvath which is ful of snow. bcoz of time constrain we went half n returned back. Go as group bcoz it is forest

29
199
1

Mcleodganj- HP

123
2390
16

Chail, Koti, Hatu Peak, Naldehra (all these are unexplored and approx 50-100 kms from shimla). But really beautyful place
Even Koti is so nice

Uttrakhand overall chardhaam desitinations are superb. You may plan nearby places from each dhaam (e.g Harshil, Barkot, Chopta……………)

50
253
1
dharmanath481 wrote:

In himachal I can assure you the best of places have the worst of mobile network.

Instead of you are under 25, check the youth hostel website and find nearest place to you.

Usually they have the best locations with good mobile and transport connectivity.

Not cheaper but safer than home stay.

Age is over 25 but do they have restrictions on age basis?

1,129
9518
41
Expand
Kaal_Bhairav wrote:

Age is over 25 but do they have restrictions on age basis?

You’ll get rooms in hotel for 500. Avoid popular places like Shimla. Mostly tourists from Bengal come to hills during this time of the year.

If you bargain on basis of longer stay then you’ll get significant discount.

Tip – If going only for a week then plan in such a way that you reach on Monday or Tuesday avoiding the weekend.

50
253
1
Expand
cadence wrote:

You’ll get rooms in hotel for 500. Avoid popular places like Shimla. Mostly tourists from Bengal come to hills during this time of the year.

If you bargain on basis of longer stay then you’ll get significant discount.

Tip – If going only for a week then plan in such a way that you reach on Monday or Tuesday avoiding the weekend.

Bro, plan is to not take leave, so have to travel on weekends only.

1,129
9518
41
Expand
Kaal_Bhairav wrote:

Bro, plan is to not take leave, so have to travel on weekends only.

Still you’ll get a decent room for 500. Avoid hotspots like Shimla (was full on last weekend) & Nainital. Try to contact hotels directly.

90
4482
161
Expand
Kaal_Bhairav wrote:

Age is over 25 but do they have restrictions on age basis?

They do for new members. So check their site. Also their buildings are away from the city centres.

While I hate the weekend crowds. nagging aunties who scream while talking to person standing next to them as if all have forgot their hearing aids at home. and the 6-12 year kids who are let loose to be nasty.

So long back youth hostel was my 1st choice.

Now can afford a decent hotel while travelling but still prefer hostels and home stays because i prefer to stay in a place and peacefully explore and mingle with locals.

Youth hostel helps to easily make friends with unknown people. Still helps me till date while travelling.

I still prefer switching off my GPS, stop my bike and asking for directions. Get tons of info on road conditions and help plan ahead.

50
253
1
cadence wrote:

Himachal -
Prashar Lake (you’ll have to check on mobile connectivity)
Dharamkot – Popular backpacker destination, close to Mcleodganj
Palampur – Well known place, Dharamshala & Mcleodganj are just an hour away
Barot & Jogindernagar

Going for palampur and dharamshala finally. As per my search they have good internet connectivity, so…

1,129
9518
41
Expand
Kaal_Bhairav wrote:

Going for palampur and dharamshala finally. As per my search they have good internet connectivity, so…

If you go to Dharamshala then you can visit or stay in Mcleodganj which is 30 minutes away & hub of Buddhism. Short distance from Mcleodganj are Dharamkot & Bhagsu – both popular with backpackers & offer plenty of open space.

https://en.m.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Dharamsala#Q3....

Palampur has Saurabh Van Vihar bulit in memory of Late Capt. Saurabh Kalia, martyred in the Kargil War.

Baijnath Temple is short distance from Palampur.

Edit : bargain hard as number of tourists are not that high due to current situation & for a week long stay you can get even better deal.

0
26364
269
Expand
dharmanath481 wrote:

They do for new members. So check their site. Also their buildings are away from the city centres.

While I hate the weekend crowds. nagging aunties who scream while talking to person standing next to them as if all have forgot their hearing aids at home. and the 6-12 year kids who are let loose to be nasty.

So long back youth hostel was my 1st choice.

Now can afford a decent hotel while travelling but still prefer hostels and home stays because i prefer to stay in a place and peacefully explore and mingle with locals.

Youth hostel helps to easily make friends with unknown people. Still helps me till date while travelling.

I still prefer switching off my GPS, stop my bike and asking for directions. Get tons of info on road conditions and help plan ahead.

Gostops also has similar hostels with better environment and common area.
https://gosto...om
.
@Kaal_Bhairav Have a look, they even have WFH (Work from hostel) package. wink You can book via MMT, Yatra etc also.

54
293
1

Is it safe to travel from delhi to shimla on Dec 3 and return on Dec 6 in wake of farmer protest. Club Mahindra shimla is not ready to waive of cancellation charges which are 100%

Missing