Suggest the Best Credit Cards for Lounge Access

109°
Helpful
Sahil_Jain
Author

Need suggestions from everyone who has used CCs for lounge access. Which credit card is the best one that comes with free lounge access? Will make a detailed guide based on the answers that I get, which will be helpful for many. 

Expired
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
Top Comments
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied
Expand
Sahil_Jain wrote:
Can you please elaborate on it, if possible?

OK.. So Axis has 3 "dhaasu" credit cards in its lineup - Axis Reserve, Axis Magnus and Axis Atlas. They offer international lounge access to primary members as well as guest access (upto 12 times a year or so).

Hdfc Infinia through Priority Pass and Diners Club Black ( with DCB CARD itself) has unlimited IL access for primary and add on members. Same goes got Standard Chartered Ultimate but with certain conditions like you need to spend 20k or something in previous month to be eligible for current month's access. Icici Emralde has unlimited primary member access via Dragon Pass and ICICI Sapphiro has IL access (shared) for primary and guest to upto 2 times in a quarter IDFC wealth has access for primary and add on members too. 

The tnc for all cards keep changing so please update yourself and don't take my words as final regarding TnC.

Having said that - ALL Intl lounges, except (Amex exclusive lounges) are accessible via separate payment of 2.1k - 2.5k - 3k - 4K per guest depending on location and facilties so you don't necessarily need to hold a credit card for accessing it.

The list of cards I have mentioned is not exhaustive. There are shit loads of cards with lounge access.

25 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

Axis Magnus - Primary Member plus Guest access. 


Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Idfc cards are easy to get LTF cards that offer lounge access.

Both railway and airport.

You can get idfc cards via C2C also , approval rate is very high.

Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
Ramta_Jogi wrote:

Axis Magnus - Primary Member plus Guest access. 


Thanks a lot for the suggestion!
Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
ZNZ wrote:

Idfc cards are easy to get LTF cards that offer lounge access.

Both railway and airport.

You can get idfc cards via C2C also , approval rate is very high.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. Will check them all.
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

LIC-Axis - 2 per quarter

BOB Rupay - 1 per quarter (add-on card gives separate benefit)

Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
mysalemo771 wrote:

LIC-Axis - 2 per quarter

BOB Rupay - 1 per quarter (add-on card gives separate benefit)

Thanks a lot for the recommendations, buddy!
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

HDFC Regalia!

12 complimentary access per calendar year within India.

6 Complimentary Lounge Access per calendar year, outside India, using Priority Pass, you and your add on member can together avail it.

I have life time free regalia card, and i can assure you this is the best LF card for lounge access. 

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied
Expand
Sahil_Jain wrote:
Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

There are many actually but this one and 2 more from Axis stand out due to their guest access. 

Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
Expand
Ramta_Jogi wrote:

There are many actually but this one and 2 more from Axis stand out due to their guest access. 

Can you please elaborate on it, if possible?
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied
Expand
Sahil_Jain wrote:
Can you please elaborate on it, if possible?

OK.. So Axis has 3 "dhaasu" credit cards in its lineup - Axis Reserve, Axis Magnus and Axis Atlas. They offer international lounge access to primary members as well as guest access (upto 12 times a year or so).

Hdfc Infinia through Priority Pass and Diners Club Black ( with DCB CARD itself) has unlimited IL access for primary and add on members. Same goes got Standard Chartered Ultimate but with certain conditions like you need to spend 20k or something in previous month to be eligible for current month's access. Icici Emralde has unlimited primary member access via Dragon Pass and ICICI Sapphiro has IL access (shared) for primary and guest to upto 2 times in a quarter IDFC wealth has access for primary and add on members too. 

The tnc for all cards keep changing so please update yourself and don't take my words as final regarding TnC.

Having said that - ALL Intl lounges, except (Amex exclusive lounges) are accessible via separate payment of 2.1k - 2.5k - 3k - 4K per guest depending on location and facilties so you don't necessarily need to hold a credit card for accessing it.

The list of cards I have mentioned is not exhaustive. There are shit loads of cards with lounge access.

Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
theoneaboveallissue wrote:

HDFC Regalia!

12 complimentary access per calendar year within India.

6 Complimentary Lounge Access per calendar year, outside India, using Priority Pass, you and your add on member can together avail it.

I have life time free regalia card, and i can assure you this is the best LF card for lounge access. 

Thanks a lot for your input and detailed description!
Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
Expand
Ramta_Jogi wrote:

OK.. So Axis has 3 "dhaasu" credit cards in its lineup - Axis Reserve, Axis Magnus and Axis Atlas. They offer international lounge access to primary members as well as guest access (upto 12 times a year or so).

Hdfc Infinia through Priority Pass and Diners Club Black ( with DCB CARD itself) has unlimited IL access for primary and add on members. Same goes got Standard Chartered Ultimate but with certain conditions like you need to spend 20k or something in previous month to be eligible for current month's access. Icici Emralde has unlimited primary member access via Dragon Pass and ICICI Sapphiro has IL access (shared) for primary and guest to upto 2 times in a quarter IDFC wealth has access for primary and add on members too. 

The tnc for all cards keep changing so please update yourself and don't take my words as final regarding TnC.

Having said that - ALL Intl lounges, except (Amex exclusive lounges) are accessible via separate payment of 2.1k - 2.5k - 3k - 4K per guest depending on location and facilties so you don't necessarily need to hold a credit card for accessing it.

The list of cards I have mentioned is not exhaustive. There are shit loads of cards with lounge access.

Understood!
I really appreciate your detailed explanation. Thanks a lot for helping the community.
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

No need of credit card, jush download niyo global app, activate acc by adding 5000. You will get signature card with no markup on forex and Get free lounge access at domestic and international airport lounges in India.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

If you want all India lounge access, then BOB Eterna offers unlimited lounge access to all VISA network lounges. There are other cards but they will put restrictions on applicable lounges and restrict usage too. You can take upto 3 add on cards and all are eligible for independent accesses.

Axis LIC Signature, which is LTF card gives 2 lounge access per quarter and does also include some rarely listed lounges under it's access, such as the Ahmedabad airport lounge.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

HDFC millennia Diners club variant? 2 lounge/qtr. Diners club lounge network is quite good.

Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
gaurav.ldh577 wrote:

No need of credit card, jush download niyo global app, activate acc by adding 5000. You will get signature card with no markup on forex and Get free lounge access at domestic and international airport lounges in India.

Is this app really safe to use?
Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
Thunder766 wrote:

If you want all India lounge access, then BOB Eterna offers unlimited lounge access to all VISA network lounges. There are other cards but they will put restrictions on applicable lounges and restrict usage too. You can take upto 3 add on cards and all are eligible for independent accesses.

Axis LIC Signature, which is LTF card gives 2 lounge access per quarter and does also include some rarely listed lounges under it's access, such as the Ahmedabad airport lounge.

Thanks a lot for suggesting these CCs, will definitely add them to the list.
Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
WandereR wrote:

HDFC millennia Diners club variant? 2 lounge/qtr. Diners club lounge network is quite good.

Noted!
Thank you so much.
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Sahil_Jain wrote:
Is this app really safe to use?
Yes they have tieup with many rbi approved banks. For niyo global they have tied with sbm bank..
Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
Expand
gaurav.ldh577 wrote:
Yes they have tieup with many rbi approved banks. For niyo global they have tied with sbm bank..
Thanks a lot for sharing it with us😄
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

It depends on your usage. if you spend more than 1.5 lacs on CC, its an amazing card for rewards

If you know the tips and tricks, they cost free to you. E.g. membership rewards is 1k first year and 4500 next year. It offers 1000 rewards points for 4 swipes above 1500 every month. if you just take minimum conversion, its 3000 rs directly. If you spend 1.5 lac, your yearly fee is waived, if you spend 90k, your annual fee is halved. You can also add points and redeem for 18/24k rewards giving approx 40%+ if you redeem for Tanishq/Shoppers stop/BB vouchers

Membership Rewards Card | Membership Rewards | Amex IN (americanexpress.com)

You can DM me for referral which will give you 2,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® points when you spend INR 5,000 within 90 days of Cardmembership* + Zero* First Year Fee on being referred* (Saving of INR 1,000)

Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
DJBRIGHT wrote:

It depends on your usage. if you spend more than 1.5 lacs on CC, its an amazing card for rewards

If you know the tips and tricks, they cost free to you. E.g. membership rewards is 1k first year and 4500 next year. It offers 1000 rewards points for 4 swipes above 1500 every month. if you just take minimum conversion, its 3000 rs directly. If you spend 1.5 lac, your yearly fee is waived, if you spend 90k, your annual fee is halved. You can also add points and redeem for 18/24k rewards giving approx 40%+ if you redeem for Tanishq/Shoppers stop/BB vouchers

Membership Rewards Card | Membership Rewards | Amex IN (americanexpress.com)

You can DM me for referral which will give you 2,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® points when you spend INR 5,000 within 90 days of Cardmembership* + Zero* First Year Fee on being referred* (Saving of INR 1,000)

Thank you for such a detailed comment and yes, the Amex CC seems a great premium CC.
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
ZNZ wrote:

Idfc cards are easy to get LTF cards that offer lounge access.

Both railway and airport.

You can get idfc cards via C2C also , approval rate is very high.

At my pin code, IDFC bank doesn't have any branch. Will they serve iDFC cc?
Do they do physical KYC?
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
theking wrote:
At my pin code, IDFC bank doesn't have any branch. Will they serve iDFC cc?
Do they do physical KYC?

No, they don't do physical kyc (afaik).

You can try.

Even my nearest IDFC branch is 60 km away.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
ZNZ wrote:

No, they don't do physical kyc (afaik).

You can try.

Even my nearest IDFC branch is 60 km away.

Did you get IDFC Select CC?
Did you applied via C2C basis? If yes, what was the card variant and limit?
Did you hold any previous relationship with iDFC before this?
replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply