Suggestion Required :- Investment/Saving

137°
Missing
Deal Cadet
62
304
2

I want to invest online like digital silver for saving purpose. guys i need your suggestions monthly 3k to 5k

reason for saving purpose

thank you

Expired 9 months
28 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
93
929
8

Don’t invest in Silver/Gold. Open demat account. Invest in stocks. Even mutual funds are good.

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4767
139
pikkuboss wrote:

Don’t invest in Silver/Gold. Open demat account. Invest in stocks. Even mutual funds are good.

Agreed, gold and silver is not a good investment option. Avoid it.

Don’t need to open demat account for buying mutual funds.

And right now is not the best time to invest into stocks. Stock market is all time high right now.

@ayushh03 If you want to invest for a long time (at least 10 years) then invest in any index fund (mutual fund). Index funds replicate stock market and they are practically risk free for long duration.

If you want to invest for a short period then invest in liquid mutual funds or UST mutual fund. These have some risk but offer flexibility and better returns.

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4767
139
ayushgoel wrote:

@pikkuboss @Roushh can u suggest good mutual fund

What is your age? For how long do you want to invest? Are you willing to take greater risk for higher returns or you would prefer to go for minimum risk for decent return?

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
304
2
Expand
Roushh wrote:

What is your age? For how long do you want to invest? Are you willing to take greater risk for higher returns or you would prefer to go for minimum risk for decent return?

My age is 24 and i can take low risk with decent return

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4767
139
Expand
ayushgoel wrote:

My age is 24 and i can take low risk with decent return

Good. Also, for how long do you want to invest?

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
304
2
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Good. Also, for how long do you want to invest?

1.5 to 2 years atleast

Missing
Deal Cadet
93
929
8
Expand
ayushgoel wrote:

My age is 24 and i can take low risk with decent return

Mutual fund is the answer.

Missing
Deal Cadet
93
929
8
Expand
ayushgoel wrote:

1.5 to 2 years atleast

Invest in Liquid MF for short term. Better return than FD. If you are looking for 4-5 years, then there are better options with monthly or Quarterly SIPs.

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4767
139
Expand
ayushgoel wrote:

1.5 to 2 years atleast

That’s very short term. Anyway, my best recommendation will be to start a sip in Ultra Short Duration mutual fund. These usually offer 9-10% return. The good thing with these USD mutual funds is that you can withdraw your money whenever you want without any charges. Following are good USD funds.

Franklin Ultra Short Term Super Institutional Direct Growth
ICICI Prudential Ultra Short Term Direct Growth

Remember to buy Direct Growth plan. Do not buy from agent. Buy from Paytm Money, Zerodha etc.

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
304
2
Expand
Roushh wrote:

That’s very short term. Anyway, my best recommendation will be to start a sip in Ultra Short Duration mutual fund. These usually offer 9-10% return. Following are good UST funds.

Franklin Ultra Short Term Super Institutional Direct Growth
ICICI Prudential Ultra Short Term Direct Growth

Remember to buy Direct Growth plan. Do not buy from agent. Buy from Paytm Money, Zerodha etc.

Thank you so much

Missing
Deal Cadet
93
929
8
Expand
Roushh wrote:

That’s very short term. Anyway, my best recommendation will be to start a sip in Ultra Short Duration mutual fund. These usually offer 9-10% return. The good thing with these UST mutual funds is that you can withdraw your money whenever you want without any charges. Following are good UST funds.

Franklin Ultra Short Term Super Institutional Direct Growth
ICICI Prudential Ultra Short Term Direct Growth

Remember to buy Direct Growth plan. Do not buy from agent. Buy from Paytm Money, Zerodha etc.

Can you suggest for 4-5 years one time investment, not SIP.

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4767
139
Expand
pikkuboss wrote:

Can you suggest for 4-5 years one time investment, not SIP.

For 5+ years, I would suggest you to invest in any index fund with low expense ratio. UTI Nifty Index Fund Direct-Growth is one of the best index fund with 0.1% expense ratio. HDFC Index Fund Direct-Growth is also good and has 0.1% expense ratio.

You can check more options here.
https://www.moneycontrol.com/mutual-funds/perfo...

But currently the market is all time high so wait for a dip. Market is going to crash but the question is when.

So until then keep your money invested in any good Ultra Short Duration mutual fund or Liquid fund so you don’t miss out on good returns. And when you see a window of opportunity, move your money in a index fund.

Missing
Deal Cadet
116
675
21

i would say put 35% in gold, 40 % in large cap/index/hybrid fund and remaining 25% in small cap/mid cap/opportunity fund
i recommend keep some amount in Gold (physical), as it is the safest asset in times of world crises
consider a scenario, there is a nuclear war tomorrow, all electric gird is wiped out, the value of these virtual assets becomes 0, while the value of gold becomes many fold

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
254
1
Expand
Roushh wrote:

That’s very short term. Anyway, my best recommendation will be to start a sip in Ultra Short Duration mutual fund. These usually offer 9-10% return. The good thing with these USD mutual funds is that you can withdraw your money whenever you want without any charges. Following are good USD funds.

Franklin Ultra Short Term Super Institutional Direct Growth
ICICI Prudential Ultra Short Term Direct Growth

Remember to buy Direct Growth plan. Do not buy from agent. Buy from Paytm Money, Zerodha etc.

Sir How do Zerodha and Paytm Money make money if they are not charging any commission?

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

I agree on that, Gold is any day a good option.

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
304
2

Share market is down is this best time to invest some money or should wait @Roushh

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4767
139
ayushgoel wrote:

Share market is down is this best time to invest some money or should wait @Roushh

Although I have a strong feeling that the market has yet to see the worse but nobody knows how low it is going to fall or if it is going to fall anymore. So best option is to invest in tranches.

Divide your capital in 3-4 parts based on your risk appetite… invest 1 part now and keep investing each part with next dip.

I have already invested 40% of my capital so far. And now I am waiting…

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4767
139
Expand
Roushh wrote:

For 5+ years, I would suggest you to invest in any index fund with low expense ratio. UTI Nifty Index Fund Direct-Growth is one of the best index fund with 0.1% expense ratio. HDFC Index Fund Direct-Growth is also good and has 0.1% expense ratio.

You can check more options here.
https://www.moneycontrol.com/mutual-funds/perfo...

But currently the market is all time high so wait for a dip. Market is going to crash but the question is when.

So until then keep your money invested in any good Ultra Short Duration mutual fund or Liquid fund so you don’t miss out on good returns. And when you see a window of opportunity, move your money in a index fund.

Hahaha… Just noticed that I posted this in Dec’19 and I was right about the crash… I hope a couple of people listened and kept their money in banks or liquid funds.

I redeemed my UST mutual fund last month and now I am ready to invest more in stocks.

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
304
2
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Although I have a strong feeling that the market has yet to see the worse but nobody knows how low it is going to fall or if it is going to fall anymore. So best option is to invest in tranches.

Divide your capital in 3-4 parts based on your risk appetite… invest 1 part now and keep investing each part with next dip.

I have already invested 40% of my capital so far. And now I am waiting…

Yeah

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
254
1

What should be the Nifty level that one should set to enter? I am not asking for the lowest of it as markets cannot be timed. But any level for newbies.

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
254
1
Expand
ayushgoel wrote:

Yeah

Very late reply. But invest in physical gold/silver especially bullion or the raw form. Atleast 24k 995

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
254
1
DealBroker23 wrote:

@ayushgoel @billubakra

Read this article – https://omnicomplete.blogspot.com/2020/05/is-yo...

That article is flawed right from the first line. While I agree with the making charges, gst, jewelers(most will be harami, no offence to anyone). I don’t agree that it is not a good investment. Check this
https://www.businesstoday.in/money/investment/g...
Jewellery is not an investment. Invest in gold bullion/raw atleast in 24k 995

Missing
Deal Cadet
161
756
4
Expand
billubakra wrote:

That article is flawed right from the first line. While I agree with the making charges, gst, jewelers(most will be harami, no offence to anyone). I don’t agree that it is not a good investment. Check this
https://www.businesstoday.in/money/investment/g...
Jewellery is not an investment. Invest in gold bullion/raw atleast in 24k 995

I guess you did not read the complete post just first line.

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
254
1
Expand
DealBroker23 wrote:

I guess you did not read the complete post just first line.

I did. Check the second line of my reply above.
Moreover Gold will always hold its value.

Missing