Hot Deal

Sydeny : 3rd test : India vs Australia : Match drawn (Best match I have seen in recent times)

891°
Deal Cadet
PIEKEY

I just wanted to share what I feel about today’s match, If anyone has woke up on the first day of the match to just see rain would have easily thought that this match will be going for a draw only. It is a draw match both team will share the point but the character and temperament shown by the Indian cricketers was just beautiful to watch. Since a year I have been a fan of Indian bowling rather than batting. So many debutants in the series, many seniors not playing. Just give me a gut feeling India has a bright future ahead in Cricket, Especially in bowling department.

What are your thought on today’s match?
What are your thought on the upcoming Brisbane match?
Did Steve Smith actually cheated?
Did Tim Paine got the best answers by Ashwin?

Share your thought.

122 Comments  |  
21 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

what if Kohli was there rolleyes

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
desiman wrote:

what if Kohli was there rolleyes

If Kohli would have been there then Rishabh would have been playing at some odd position and Vihari would have been out of the squad. biggrin

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Important stats
In last 20 overs only 13 balls were targeted on stumps rest 108 were not.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

what an amazing effort, hatts off to vihari for staying on crease for 3.5hrs even after ham injury.

PS Australian crowd is racists

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
insta wrote:

Important stats
In last 20 overs only 13 balls were targeted on stumps rest 108 were not.

Do you want to say BCCI fixed it? biggrin
I guess after the missed catch by Abbott they missed the match. Credit to Ashwin the way he played Lyon was terrific.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
desiman wrote:

what if Kohli was there rolleyes

Question should be what if Ishant Sharma and Mohammad Shami was there

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

Do you want to say BCCI fixed it? biggrin
I guess after the missed catch by Abbott they missed the match. Credit to Ashwin the way he played Lyon was terrific.

All big 3 A,E, I control cricket and have colluded, anything is possible.
Too mediocre balling by aussies.
Even when it was clear that indians r not going for runs they kept balling negatively towards leg.
Given negativity around indian team spread by aussi media and spectators, draw was a best result.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
ashish0193 wrote:

Question should be what if Ishant Sharma and Mohammad Shami was there

Then Saini and Siraj would have been out of the squad biggrin and we might have had a chance to win I guess? Not taking credit from Siraj and Saini but Australian pitches need some experience as far as you know how to handle sledge you will win biggrin smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
insta wrote:

All big 3 A,E, I control cricket and have colluded, anything is possible.
Too mediocre balling by aussies.
Even when it was clear that indians r not going for runs they kept balling negatively towards leg.
Given negativity around indian team spread by aussi media and spectators, draw was a best result.

Agreed, When you know Ashwin plays spinners very well then you are making Nathan Lyon bowl till then end of the match?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

What has Tim Paine done to be appointed as Captain of Aus Team ? he seems to be mediocre in both Batting/WK , and his captaincy skills are far below average. TBH he alongwith Wade doesnt deserve a place in this Aus team.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

Agreed, When you know Ashwin plays spinners very well then you are making Nathan Lyon bowl till then end of the match?

There u go.
I really enjoyed all newcomers performance be it gill, siraj or saini and even aussie opener, they really played good.
Rohit was totally lackluster in his approach in both innings.
Pujara did well by mixing defence and attack. Pant need to improve his keeping a lot and more patient while batting. Felt ashwin was more solid than vihari. Didnt feel vihari was tested enough by aussie balling.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
pagal_admi wrote:

What has Tim Paine done to be appointed as Captain of Aus Team ? he seems to be mediocre in both Batting/WK , and his captaincy skills are far below average. TBH he alongwith Wade doesnt deserve a place in this Aus team.

Cannot say about his captaincy and batting but his exchange of words with Ashwin got golden reply biggrin Just loved it.

If I say captaincy he does not need to do much as every player in Aus. plays his role well.
Just needed more of the fast bowling in last 20 overs, Batting yes it was not upto the mark.
Who do you look as captain in Australia then?
Smith back again? Warner? Cummins?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
insta wrote:

There u go.
I really enjoyed all newcomers performance be it gill, siraj or saini and even aussie opener, they really played good.
Rohit was totally lackluster in his approach in both innings.
Pujara did well by mixing defence and attack. Pant need to improve his keeping a lot and more patient while batting. Felt ashwin was more solid than vihari. Didnt feel vihari was tested enough by aussie balling.

Gill will be a treat to watch in future.
Siraj can share the ball Bumrah needs slight improvement with new ball.

Rohit cannot expect much from him as it has been quite a long time him being played, so he might boom in the next match.

Vihari will be out next match for sure. (His batting was too good today)

Ashwin is a gem which the team never ever recognizes, I don’t know why Chachal and Kuldeep plays on for him in ODI’s as well?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

Gill will be a treat to watch in future.
Siraj can share the ball Bumrah needs slight improvement with new ball.

Rohit cannot expect much from him as it has been quite a long time him being played, so he might boom in the next match.

Vihari will be out next match for sure. (His batting was too good today)

Ashwin is a gem which the team never ever recognizes, I don’t know why Chachal and Kuldeep plays on for him in ODI’s as well?

That’s the reason they have reserved him for test, just like Lyon. Playing all formats makes them vulnerable. Also It really takes good fitness and mental approach to sustain in test cricket for a spinner, specially  in overseas conditions with fast pitches.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
insta wrote:

That’s the reason they have reserved him for test, just like Lyon. Playing all formats makes them vulnerable. Also It really takes good fitness and mental approach to sustain in test cricket for a spinner, specially  in overseas conditions with fast pitches.

Yes, definitely it takes a lot of physical balance to sustain in all format’s that’s why I skipped T20 for Ashwin biggrin

We do not have a quality spin bowler, I don’t prefer Kulcha as main stream spin bowlers, Sometimes they do wonders but other then that are quite ordinary, You should have some at-least in One day’s. I am just starting to feel the Jadeja would be the prefered option now over all the other specialist bowlers who can bat a bit or batters who can bowl.

Jadeja and Pandya both in single match and take all specialization. What team it will be biggrin

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Rare to see such TEST match in today’s day and age.
Kudos to both teams for display of top class performance.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

Cannot say about his captaincy and batting but his exchange of words with Ashwin got golden reply biggrin Just loved it.

If I say captaincy he does not need to do much as every player in Aus. plays his role well.
Just needed more of the fast bowling in last 20 overs, Batting yes it was not upto the mark.
Who do you look as captain in Australia then?
Smith back again? Warner? Cummins?

It will be labuschagne, as smith and warner will not get that chance again.
Cummins could be a choice but aus themselves openly declare that the one scoring most runs captains them.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
desiman wrote:

what if Kohli was there rolleyes

Kab paida hoga @ViratKohli18 ki bhainsya ke bachhda??? sad toungueout

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
mobileyog wrote:

Rare to see such TEST match in today’s day and age.
Kudos to both teams for display of top class performance.

Yes Top performance by both the teams, but I would give credit to India more as the team is currently suffering from injuries and are playing with newbies in bowling and batting. With such experience and lethal bowling attach it is always hard to get 4 sessions out that is too of the 4th and 5th day of test match when the pitch becomes such slow and dry up to support bowlers.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
insta wrote:

It will be labuschagne, as smith and warner will not get that chance again.
Cummins could be a choice but aus themselves openly declare that the one scoring most runs captains them.

I don’t thing he has that charm of being a captain biggrin biggrin same as Tim Paine.
Cummins bowling is too good.
If captainship is given to anyone of them might hamper their fote.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

Kab paida hoga @ViratKohli18 ki bhainsya ke bachhda??? sad toungueout

Jald he ho jaega, aaegi Khush Khabri jaldi he biggrin

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

Yes Top performance by both the teams, but I would give credit to India more as the team is currently suffering from injuries and are playing with newbies in bowling and batting. With such experience and lethal bowling attach it is always hard to get 4 sessions out that is too of the 4th and 5th day of test match when the pitch becomes such slow and dry up to support bowlers.

True, people like Gavaskar must be feeling proud.
Last time they did similar in 1979, I wasn’t even born then !

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
PIEKEY wrote:

Jald he ho jaega, aaegi Khush Khabri jaldi he biggrin

Mubarak Ho!! Abhi abhi khabar mili ki @ViratKohli18 ki bhainsya ke bachhdi(female) hui hai… smile toungueout

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

Mubarak Ho!! Abhi abhi khabar mili ki @ViratKohli18 ki bhainsya ke bachhdi(female) hui hai… smile toungueout

Congo to u too on becoming a mamu joy joy

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
insta wrote:

Congo to u too on becoming a mamu joy joy

Nahi nahi aissi padhwi na dena mujhe… sad toungueout

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
desiman wrote:

what if Kohli was there rolleyes

India would have lost both the matches.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

India would have lost both the matches.

Nope buddy, that surely would have been an advantage as his bat is quite good. He is one of the finest batsmen of the era. I don’t think we lost 1st match because of him, I think we lost just a session and a test match (goes to whole team)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
insta wrote:

Important stats
In last 20 overs only 13 balls were targeted on stumps rest 108 were not.

Why Why so
bcz goti fasi has fixed it

Missing