Temp block HDFC add on

23°
Deal Cadet
shaktimon

Hello,
How can I manage the HDFC add on via internet banking/app?
I want to temporarily disable online transactions only on my add on card. On internet banking, I see only 1 card.

10 Comments  |  
3 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Net banking yes .U can do ..
Go to card. ..below you have small link saying manage add on card

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Guess you cannot prevent online transactions on add-on card.
Reason: HDFC card details on both primary and add-on will remain same. They can only differentiate physical cards with a POS machine.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
andromeda wrote:

Guess you cannot prevent online transactions on add-on card.
Reason: HDFC card details on both primary and add-on will remain same. They can only differentiate physical cards with a POS machine.

actually, we can. As @Sudarshan61 suggested, I explored a bit. I just found the small link on internet banking to manage the add on card separately sunglasses
it is under set limit section on the left, you will find the link to manage add on card at the bottom.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
shaktimon wrote:

actually, we can. As @Sudarshan61 suggested, I explored a bit. I just found the small link on internet banking to manage the add on card separately sunglasses
it is under set limit section on the left, you will find the link to manage add on card at the bottom.

Yea, go there and tell me if you can disable online usage.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Yea, go there and tell me if you can disable online usage.

Good point! I was able to disable online transactions for add on card. but the card numbers are same for primary and add on members. i don’t see how Visa network will be able to differentiate for online transactions (probably by the name??) pensive. Atleast I was able to find the option to manage and temporarily block add on cards. I have given my add on card to my child, I don’t want them to use it for making online purchases rolleyes .

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
shaktimon wrote:

Good point! I was able to disable online transactions for add on card. but the card numbers are same for primary and add on members. i don’t see how they will be able to differentiate (probably by the name??) pensive. Atleast I was able to find the option to manage and temporarily block add on cards. I have given my add on card to my child, I don’t want them to use it for making online purchases rolleyes .

In my case I’m not able to disable online txns. The logic is simple, the details on the card are same for online txns. Not just the card number even the CVV remain same. The expiry month/year will also remain same iirrespective when the card is issued.

In my case mobile number for all my add-on cards are same. And the name on card or the one entered during the transaction hardly matters. You can try a test transaction with details from your add-on card, but use a completely different name (John Doe for instance), and the transaction will still go through.

The card details are not completely validated atleast in India, have heard that they get validated in USA, but I proved my colleague otherway biggrin

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
shaktimon wrote:

actually, we can. As @Sudarshan61 suggested, I explored a bit. I just found the small link on internet banking to manage the add on card separately sunglasses
it is under set limit section on the left, you will find the link to manage add on card at the bottom.

It won’t disable online transaction….sorry for confusion.
OTP will come to primary account holder so that’s the only way to avoid .

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

In my case I’m not able to disable online txns. The logic is simple, the details on the card are same for online txns. Not just the card number even the CVV remain same. The expiry month/year will also remain same iirrespective when the card is issued.

In my case mobile number for all my add-on cards are same. And the name on card or the one entered during the transaction hardly matters. You can try a test transaction with details from your add-on card, but use a completely different name (John Doe for instance), and the transaction will still go through.

The card details are not completely validated atleast in India, have heard that they get validated in USA, but I proved my colleague otherway biggrin

I just verified, disabling online purchase option on add on card disables all on all cards. The name during the payment doesn’t seem to matter.
I wonder why still a lot of websites in India ask for the cardholder name when it doesn’t matter rolleyes

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
shaktimon wrote:

I just verified, disabling online purchase option on add on card disables all on all cards. The name during the payment doesn’t seem to matter.
I wonder why still a lot of websites in India ask for the cardholder name when it doesn’t matter rolleyes

Thats how the front end is designed, what they choose to do with them in the back-end is upto the payment processors/aggregators.

Missing