Think 1000s times b4 buying Lenovo Laptop/device

181°
Deal Newbie

Hi reader, I bought Lenovo Ideapad laptop from Brand showroom in Nehru Place (New Delhi) for approx. INR 40000. To be safer side I bought additional warranty for 3 years for INR 999.

The journey became very very unfortunate. Being handled very carefully, the base body ejected due to tight hinges within a year. Customer service was very clear that this is a payable repair and I need spend approx. 14000 for this repair. At the same time, Webcam stopped working. Laptop was still in warranty period, but Customer care informed very clearly first get repaired body issue then we will send technician for Camera check. I have tried to connect to high ups, but no one reverted. So, pathetic hardware and worst Customer care service. Now I looking for another laptop, probably HP or Dell. So, never buy Lenovo else you will regret. I thought I should warn the prospective buyers. However you are free to take your decisions. You can connect to me for more clarification.

23 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By

why do u expect quality from chinese junk?

I am using Lenovo laptops for the last 14 years, used different 4 laptops, never faced any issues..in one issue regarding the battery they replaced it instantly.

My lenovo laptop bought in 2014 still working fine.

hp is best

binod_babu wrote:

why do u expect quality from chinese junk?

How about other mentioned brands?

If price does not matter, Acer is the best in terms of durability. I Will suggest Acer/Asus over Dell/Hp/Lenovo etc

Expand
andromeda wrote:

How about other mentioned brands?

used Dell for 7-8 yrs,had not seen any issue..now using mac,so far good.

Expand
binod_babu wrote:

used Dell for 7-8 yrs,had not seen any issue..now using mac,so far good.

So anything you use is good and not made in China? FYI I have a dell from 2007, still running good, and a lenovo from 2014.

Cool07 wrote:

If price does not matter, Acer is the best in terms of durability. I Will suggest Acer/Asus over Dell/Hp/Lenovo etc

+1. Even on the price front, Imo Acer is priced very sensibly compared to Lenovo/Dell/HP counterparts for the same build quality and features

Expand
andromeda wrote:

So anything you use is good and not made in China? FYI I have a dell from 2007, still running good, and a lenovo from 2014.

i had used crappy MI phones/cam & after that not using any such junk items.if someone wants to buy m not stopping,I just gave my review…

Expand
binod_babu wrote:

i had used crappy MI phones/cam & after that not using any such junk items.if someone wants to buy m not stopping,I just gave my review…

Again another mi phone user here. One mi phone from 2015-2020…had to keep it aside due to airtel stopping 3g service, and this phone is now dedicated to my hobby experiments, car computer, what not. Now moved to another mi phone.

Better to go for accer normal laptops rather then going for touch screen or 2 in 1 laptops.

Expand
binod_babu wrote:

I already mentioned in some other thread about quality etc issues from China. I’ll not repeat again here. All I can say is, quality comes from the price we pay. And the luck factor (karma/kundali) is something we need to give in no matter whether it is Chinese/American/Indian/whatever

AS007 wrote:

hp is best

Yes, no issue for me in 9 years(except battery – that I think happens)

Expand
andromeda wrote:

I already mentioned in some other thread about quality etc issues from China. I’ll not repeat again here. All I can say is, quality comes from the price we pay. And the luck factor (karma/kundali) is something we need to give in no matter whether it is Chinese/American/Indian/whatever

y so serious man?if u want to buy then buy it, then ignore it. as per your logic, the user review will be always on one side or none cant hv different if its opposite to urs imp

Expand
binod_babu wrote:

y so serious man?if u want to buy then buy it, then ignore it. as per your logic, the user review will be always on one side or none cant hv different if its opposite to urs imp

I’m not saying none can have other opinion. It is you who started calling junk and I gave my opinion. And 99.9% of the day to day items we use are made in China, but all call it crap. I just don’t get the logic. Anyhow peace.

Did you take accidental damage protection policy???

Expand
andromeda wrote:

I’m not saying none can have other opinion. It is you who started calling junk and I gave my opinion. And 99.9% of the day to day items we use are made in China, but all call it crap. I just don’t get the logic. Anyhow peace.

dude ,my exp was bad i told junk..wats wrong with that?do you want me to praise that crappy things I bought after seeing your response?please continue discussion with someone,I m least bothered to change someone’s perception.i just gave my review(hadn’t tagged u or something).peace out

Expand
andromeda wrote:

Again another mi phone user here. One mi phone from 2015-2020…had to keep it aside due to airtel stopping 3g service, and this phone is now dedicated to my hobby experiments, car computer, what not. Now moved to another mi phone.

Redmi 1s grinning

Expand
aaa.aditya wrote:

Redmi 1s grinning

Nope it is mi4… premium series from Xiaomi then. No redmi phone could compete with its camera until about an year back

Sorry for your experience OP, but Lenovo remains one of the best laptop manufacturers. Their after sales too in my own experience has been good. In fact it’s my preferred brand if I were looking for laptops.

In total I have 1 Chinese product in my possession that’s a cheap smart band from Hawai

Should have spent a little extra on accidental damage warranty

Missing