Interesting TRAI December 2021 Subscriber data

283°
Deal Lieutenant
bohemian

Interesting

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/744248/medium/IMG_20220217_143152.jpg?1645088546

19 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

airtel BSNL balle balle

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

And hence airtel will not shy to raise prices joy joy

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Oh yeahhh.

VI will vanish in next report after reducing data and increasing price🥺 now how do i watch my favourite 4k videos

Link Copied

when chortel will raise prices once again people will shift to jio

ambani is the real businessman. he knew that people will shift but still raised prices.bahut aage ki sochta ha

Kolkata Knight Riders Kolkata Knight Riders
Link Copied

Article link for the curious minds: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/t...

* Most dual sims are getting gradually filtered out.
* Since most will like to keep their primary sims and not take the portout headache, now that costs are almost similar.. Airtel has more chances to hold on to its userbase.

Guys who are thinking Jio will lower prices or give heavy offers to get back customers, it won’t happen. All of them are together right now. Also when others will raise prices .. so will Jio. Price hike currently happens after discussion and so that all are on the table.

Basically within a year get ready to pay 400/ month for a good connection with optimal (which means not enough to download loads of movies during prime time) data, whichever network you are on.

Link Copied
Seinfeld wrote:

Article link for the curious minds: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/t...

* Most dual sims are getting gradually filtered out.
* Since most will like to keep their primary sims and not take the portout headache, now that costs are almost similar.. Airtel has more chances to hold on to its userbase.

Guys who are thinking Jio will lower prices or give heavy offers to get back customers, it won’t happen. All of them are together right now. Also when others will raise prices .. so will Jio.. this currently happens after discussion and so that all are on the table.

Basically within a year get ready to pay 400/ month for a good connection with optimal (which means not enough to download loads of movies during prime time) data, whichever network you are on.

Guys who are thinking Jio will lower prices or give heavy offers to
get back customers, it won’t happen. All of them are together right now.
Also when others will raise prices .. so will Jio.. this currently
happens after discussion and so that all are on the table.

yes there are people here who think that ambani will reduce price to 200 per month

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Why jio customers are leaving despite having low tariff plans as compared to others two major operators. How chortel has added so much customers, Vi ka to samaje aata hai wo ghar ka na rha naahi ghaat ka. Vi only follow chortel footsteps rather than improving network.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Mufasa wrote:

Why jio customers are leaving despite having low tariff plans as compared to others two major operators. How chortel has added so much customers, Vi ka to samaje aata hai wo ghar ka na rha naahi ghaat ka. Vi only follow chortel footsteps rather than improving network.

Cause jio is secondary sim for many many people and also Jio network has detoriated over the period of time. Jio maybe few rupees cheaper than others, but not everyone wants cheap service.

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied
Mufasa wrote:

Poor network speeds in case of Jio most probably which seemingly remain unresolved despite multiple complaints over the years. Jio delivered good speeds sufficient to stream cricket matches in HD with little to no buffering near consistently over a 1500km rail journey both over B40 and B5 (Airtel and Vi didn’t have 4G coverage for most of the journey ) but in my locality B40 crawls to slow 3G speeds over B40 during peak hours despite LTE-CA. To be fair  Airtel is no better nowadays. If it weren’t for manually locking onto B8, Airtel would have been even slower than Jio! Vi was always the best and it has become even better after the last spectrum auction? But barely a km away Vi 4G is practically unusable! 

Also some folks deem Airtel and erstwhile Vodafone to be premium networks. 

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Poor network speeds in case of Jio most probably which seemingly remain unresolved despite multiple complaints over the years. Jio delivered good speeds sufficient to stream cricket matches in HD with little to no buffering near consistently over a 1500km rail journey both over B40 and B5 (Airtel and Vi didn’t have 4G coverage for most of the journey ) but in my locality B40 crawls to slow 3G speeds over B40 during peak hours despite LTE-CA. To be fair  Airtel is no better nowadays. If it weren’t for manually locking onto B8, Airtel would have been even slower than Jio! Vi was always the best and it has become even better after the last spectrum auction? But barely a km away Vi 4G is practically unusable! 

for me jio had always poor speeds in pre jio era airtel gave speeds of over 60mbps in my area and jio gave speed of 25-30 mbps before its official launch. now BSNL on 3g is better than jio and jio have tower in my locality. jio was never popular for quality it was for price.

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

for me jio had always poor speeds in pre jio era airtel gave speeds of over 60mbps in my area and jio gave speed of 25-30 mbps before its official launch. now BSNL on 3g is better than jio and jio have tower in my locality. jio was never popular for quality it was for price.

Yes. But it varies from place to place. In my home coverage over B5 was fantastic, 20Mbps almost always. After LTE-CA was launched there last year even in the old Redmi Note 3 without band locking it’s in the 20-30Mbps range most of the time. Jio’s coverage is simply unmatched. I have watched with envy? while folks on Jio happily streamed videos in HD or even FHD during my travels while I would be lucky to get 4G in Airtel/Vi whenever nearing a city. I guess even in areas with poor speeds calling/SMS wouldn’t be a problem? Jio VoLTE is super stable.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Port my primary jio no to airtel only because of switch off issue on calling

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Yes. But it varies from place to place. In my home coverage over B5 was fantastic, 20Mbps almost always. After LTE-CA was launched there last year even in the old Redmi Note 3 without band locking it’s in the 20-30Mbps range most of the time. Jio’s coverage is simply unmatched. I have watched with envy? while folks on Jio happily streamed videos in HD or even FHD during my travels while I would be lucky to get 4G in Airtel/Vi whenever nearing a city. I guess even in areas with poor speeds calling/SMS wouldn’t be a problem? Jio VoLTE is super stable.

for me it’s airtel , been using it for years and my brother had jio and there was speed issue he complained to jio customer care for 1 and half year and their generic response was we know ur area has low coverage and in 6 month it will be resolved and it was never resolved.

but in case of operators you should go with the one that is most strong in the area you reside the most not every operator can be strong everywhere.

Link Copied
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

sir what is b4, b5?

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

I think this chart was released by Airtel 😂

who knows airtel may  even acquire bsnl 🙄

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Chortel be like :  https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/744404/medium/images_-_2022-02-17T204058.801.jpg?1645110700

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

Shocking numbers really! 

I have All 4 cards in my family. JIO with best coverage and speed (up to 70Mbps but average around 40), Airtel with great coverage and so-so speed like 8-10Mbps, VI with OK coverage and crapfest 2-3 Mbps speed (Getting ported soon) and BSNL with great network and no idea about speed :

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

sir what is b4, b5?

radio spectrum bands , there are two naming conventions 850mhz , 1850mhz , 2100mhz etc b4,b5 etc

Critic Critic
Link Copied

RCom lost 800??? How? RCom stopped services years back and chota bhai gave the spectrum to mota bhai through the back door.

Also indicates about 1.30 Cr reduction overall in total subscribers. Indication of people discontinuing alternate SIMs. Also possible that the Jio data relates to old  long inactive SIMs which have been finally removed by Jio.

replyuser
Click here to reply