Hot Deal Unauthorized Cash Withdrawal From ATM Card

646°
Deal Cadet
32
982
12

Today 4 unauthorized cash withdrawal each amounting to Rs 10000 was made from my Axis Bank debit card.
I have the possession of card with me but still i don’t know how it took place.
I have blocked my card but still if anyone know what should i do to get my money back or any help associated to this problem will be very helpful.
TIA.

64 Comments  |  
26 Dimers
  • Sort By
119
2136
18

Inform the bank and file an FIR. Most probably one of the ATMs you used earlier was compromised and someone cloned your Debit Card.

32
982
12
schumacher wrote:

Were the transactions done locally?

not exactly but within 30km range

171
739
15

when was the last time you used your debit card for ATM withdrawal?

32
982
12
lazyboii wrote:

when was the last time you used your debit card for ATM withdrawal?

didn’t remember bro

166
562
9

Was your balance debited or you just got SMS about these withdrawals? Because the minimum withdrawal amount is 15-25k per day and you lost 40k. First block your ATM card by calling Axis support and then make a complaint soon. https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/credit-ca...

They’ll refund your money if you make a complaint soon.

47
3349
27

now in SBI only 20k/day possible, but not sure in axis bank. sad news sad

32
982
12
erikalui wrote:

Was your balance debited or you just got SMS about these withdrawals? Because the minimum withdrawal amount is 15-25k per day and you lost 40k. First block your ATM card by calling Axis support and then make a complaint soon. https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/credit-ca...

They’ll refund your money if you make a complaint soon.

bro i have checked the statement also. 40000 has been withdrawn from my axis bank account through ATM. My daily limit for debit card is 40000.
And i had already blocked the card and had filed FIR for the same and had submitted the same to the bank officials with dispute form.

32
982
12
Imharsh wrote:

now in SBI only 20k/day possible, but not sure in axis bank. sad news sad

Bro for Axis mine is 40000/ day.
And it took place at around 11.45 p.m .
May be after 12.00 they would have withdrawn 40000 more if i had not blocked the card.

47
3349
27
Expand
goelamit wrote:

bro i have checked the statement also. 40000 has been withdrawn from my axis bank account through ATM. My daily limit for debit card is 40000.
And i had already blocked the card and had filed FIR for the same and had submitted the same to the bank officials with dispute form.

are u able to locate ATM location? i think they send atm location also after withdrawal

32
982
12
Expand
Imharsh wrote:

are u able to locate ATM location? i think they send atm location also after withdrawal

Only Delhi is coming for location nothing else.
Have checked with the bank but they are not able to track atm as they do not have received ATM No. for the transactions done.

181
4807
140
erikalui wrote:

Was your balance debited or you just got SMS about these withdrawals? Because the minimum withdrawal amount is 15-25k per day and you lost 40k. First block your ATM card by calling Axis support and then make a complaint soon. https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/credit-ca...

They’ll refund your money if you make a complaint soon.

Max withdrawal amount depends on card too. My card can withdraw up to 75k rs per day.

79
1994
33
Expand
goelamit wrote:

didn’t remember bro

Check in your bank statement. As cloning of card is a rampant scam. Try remembering any suspicious activity or person the last time you used your card at ATM.

If the date is not too far try to retrieve the cctc footage if you can with help of the bank from the ATM you last transacted on and see if someone did something suspicious after you did your transaction.

Also check if someone close or known or a family member hasn’t used the card without your knowledge, just to weed out all probabilities.

Wait for the response from your bank and police then file a complaint in consumer court too

32
982
12
Expand
zafar_khan wrote:

Check in your bank statement. As cloning of card is a rampant scam. Try remembering any suspicious activity or person the last time you used your card at ATM.

If the date is not too far try to retrieve the cctc footage if you can with help of the bank from the ATM you last transacted on and see if someone did something suspicious after you did your transaction.

Also check if someone close or known or a family member hasn’t used the card without your knowledge, just to weed out all probabilities.

Wait for the response from your bank and police then file a complaint in consumer court too

bro will try to find but you know how much time consuming it gets with the involvement of police.
To lodge FIR they took more than 2 hours as they were saying that there is no need of FIR for this and that and all excuses they made just to wipe off their hand.
And card was with me all the time so possibility of family member using the card without my consent can’t be possible.

32
982
12
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Max withdrawal amount depends on card too. My card can withdraw up to 75k rs per day.

Exactly bro
I have three debit card of different banks and limit varies from 20-50k for all three

171
677
22

It might take approx 45 days to get revert to account, inform bank official branch and FIR also must, my frind had same issue in sbi- 70k

32
982
12
krupalum47 wrote:

It might take approx 45 days to get revert to account, inform bank official branch and FIR also must, my frind had same issue in sbi- 70k

bro already done

21,568
127135
1619
Expand
goelamit wrote:

yes

Most likely might be an atm error. Confirm with bank was it a fraud or atm error.

32
982
12
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

Most likely might be an atm error. Confirm with bank was it a fraud or atm error.

not an atm error.

0
122
4

It happened with my brother also, he used his SBI card at Saraswat Bank ATM near his home for withdraw of cash. 7 days later at 11:45 he recieved sms saying withdraw error try with less amount. Later 11:50 pm RS. 10k + 10k was withdrawn. Till the time he reacts at 00:02 another 10k + 10k was withdrawn. Total 40k in 15 mins. He went to ATM and changed pin immediately. Still he was receiving sms of incorrect pin for withdrawal till 7am. Later he went to SBI and complained. At midnight he tried with police they said go-to bank. Now 6 months have passed no gain. SBI said they will not return any money as it’s not their fault. He checked the ATM I’d from SBI and found that the money was withdrawn from strontonheat London railway station. Sorry to say but it is not possible to get your money back. He fallen wictim debit card cloning as there was no security guard at the Saraswat Bank ATM.

0
122
4

Now also beware of Flipkart paylater, Paytm postpaid, other wallet’s offering credit are being hacked. Major wallet hackers are from Bihar.

0
553
9
SteevRains wrote:

It happened with my brother also, he used his SBI card at Saraswat Bank ATM near his home for withdraw of cash. 7 days later at 11:45 he recieved sms saying withdraw error try with less amount. Later 11:50 pm RS. 10k + 10k was withdrawn. Till the time he reacts at 00:02 another 10k + 10k was withdrawn. Total 40k in 15 mins. He went to ATM and changed pin immediately. Still he was receiving sms of incorrect pin for withdrawal till 7am. Later he went to SBI and complained. At midnight he tried with police they said go-to bank. Now 6 months have passed no gain. SBI said they will not return any money as it’s not their fault. He checked the ATM I’d from SBI and found that the money was withdrawn from strontonheat London railway station. Sorry to say but it is not possible to get your money back. He fallen wictim debit card cloning as there was no security guard at the Saraswat Bank ATM.

Request the bank for CCTV footage

21,568
127135
1619
SteevRains wrote:

It happened with my brother also, he used his SBI card at Saraswat Bank ATM near his home for withdraw of cash. 7 days later at 11:45 he recieved sms saying withdraw error try with less amount. Later 11:50 pm RS. 10k + 10k was withdrawn. Till the time he reacts at 00:02 another 10k + 10k was withdrawn. Total 40k in 15 mins. He went to ATM and changed pin immediately. Still he was receiving sms of incorrect pin for withdrawal till 7am. Later he went to SBI and complained. At midnight he tried with police they said go-to bank. Now 6 months have passed no gain. SBI said they will not return any money as it’s not their fault. He checked the ATM I’d from SBI and found that the money was withdrawn from strontonheat London railway station. Sorry to say but it is not possible to get your money back. He fallen wictim debit card cloning as there was no security guard at the Saraswat Bank ATM.

was it a emv chip card?

0
122
4
Expand
Rahil42 wrote:

Request the bank for CCTV footage

The cctv was not working, also no security guard at ATM

9
2275
23
Expand
SteevRains wrote:

The cctv was not working, also no security guard at ATM

File a case in consumer court.

Missing