Hot Deal Unknown Messages

714°
Missing
Deal Cadet

Recieved following messages -

JD-CBSSBI

Dear Customer, address has been changed in A/c No XXXXX8816**. If not requested, please contact your branch.

BT-SBMSMS

Request received to link mobile no. XXXXX029** to your SBI CIF no. XXXXX0290**. To confirm reply YES to 8108015880.

BT-SBMSMS

Dear customer, Mobile no. XXXXXX29** has been updated in A/c No XXXXX8816**. If not requested, please contact your branch.

What is going on ? please help me

Thanks

P.S – I have one SBI account , but its last digits are diff and it is linked to some other mobile number .

97 Comments  |  
27 Dimers
Missing
Deal Colonel

possibility, Some one has wrongly updated your mob/Email
I was getting wrong salary credit messages as above

But, you may verify the profile in your a/c

Missing
Deal Lieutenant

Use sms organizer. grinning

Missing
Deal Cadet
Censuresh wrote:

possibility, Some one has wrongly updated your mob/Email
I was getting wrong salary credit messages as above

But, you may verify the profile in your a/c

I don’t have any salary account or anything like that , whom to contact to get this fixed ?

Missing
Deal Cadet

Woah! I too received a similar message few weeks ago. Don’t know what happened.
But I rechecked my account for any suspicious change but everything was alright so ignored it.

Missing
Entertainer

Don’t do anything online. But do visit branch and confirm tomorrow. Don’t reply, don’t click any link.

Missing
Entertainer

Happening with me as well in this week. Someone is throwing darts in the dark.

Missing
Deal Cadet
saucap wrote:

Don’t do anything online. But do visit branch and confirm tomorrow. Don’t reply, don’t click any link.

Which branch to visit ? my SBI account is in another city and i don’t reside there anymore … thing to get worried is that this mobile number is linked with various accounts(in diff banks) of mine which deals in huge number of heavy transactions everyday .

Missing
Deal Cadet
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Use sms organizer. grinning

Sir ji , everything can’t be ignored as these messages doesn’t looked as SCAM , they are coming from legitimate sources i pressume …. maybe some big fraud / scam in making .

Please investigate my friends .

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
saymyname78 wrote:

Sir ji , everything can’t be ignored as these messages doesn’t looked as SCAM , they are coming from legitimate sources i pressume …. maybe some big fraud / scam in making .

Please investigate my friends .

If you haven’t raised any request i don’t think this should bother you because i too receive shitty messages coming from xyz sources.
I don’t even want to name them lol laughing

Missing
Entertainer
Expand
saymyname78 wrote:

Which branch to visit ? my SBI account is in another city and i don’t reside there anymore … thing to get worried is that this mobile number is linked with various accounts(in diff banks) of mine which deals in huge number of heavy transactions everyday .

You can visit nearest branch. They will access your account and tell about any recent update.

Missing
Tech Guru

Okay…. May I ask if your branch is located in a urban/ sub urban area or in rural area?

It Looks to me like a money laundering racket used you contact info to create fake bank accounts  …

Try to link UPI ( Google Pay , Amazon Pay etc)  with this number to see if other SBI account shows up.

If it does then just contact the SBI and file a written letter to the branch manager.

Even if doesn’t show up contact your bank

Or try to steal the money though UPI if your willing to take risk.  ( Though that’s no adviced)

Missing
Tech Guru

BTW CBSSBI is abbreviation for Core Banking Solution’s State Bank of India

Missing
Deal Cadet
Total_Fun wrote:

Okay…. May I ask if your branch is located in a urban/ sub urban area or in rural area?

It Looks to me like a money laundering racket used you contact info to create fake bank accounts  …

Try to link UPI ( Google Pay , Amazon Pay etc)  with this number to see if other SBI account shows up.

If it does then just contact the SBI and file a written letter to the branch manager.

Even if doesn’t show up contact your bank

Or try to steal the money though UPI if your willing to take risk.  ( Though that’s no adviced)

Urban (Pune) SBI branch … On checking via UPI It gives this message – " You can’t use this account for BHIM UPI . Please contact branch . "

Missing
Deal Lieutenant

Do you have finin account? Sbm bank India is partner with them.

Missing
Deal Cadet

All IDs (senders) seems genuine of SBI…
I have received SMSes from all those IDs for genuine transactions//info updates from bank.

So, you should visit any nearest SBI bank branch and contact with some officer (most probably Deputy (or Additional Manager) to get things corrected..

Missing
Tech Guru
Expand
saymyname78 wrote:

Urban (Pune) SBI branch … On checking via UPI It gives this message – " You can’t use this account for BHIM UPI . Please contact branch . "

That means it’s actually linked with your phone number. Not some mistakenly sent to your phone.

Now it’s up to you if you want to access this account ( on own your own risk) or just notify the Bank and even police to safeguard yourself from future hassle.

But also consider the fact that the account holder may actually know you. Sometimes people with lot’s of black money create such fake Accounts with others credentials. And try to make sure no one else ( you) can’t access the money

Missing
Deal Newbie

Even I’m facing the same problem with IndusInd bank from 2018..
The messages are coming from Kerala branch.. while I live in another state..
I get debit messages from them
I don’t even have any account with IndusInd..
I complained about this in twitter to IndusInd bank. But they say no account is available with my number..
But I’m still getting messages..
When I complained again on twitter..they say. complain to us if you get any messages again..

Missing
Tech Guru
Chargefree wrote:

All IDs (senders) seems genuine of SBI…
I have received SMSes from all those IDs for genuine transactions//info updates from bank.

So, you should visit any nearest SBI bank branch and contact with some officer (most probably Deputy (or Additional Manager) to get things corrected..

There’s a possibility that SBI officials themselves are involved

Missing
Tech Guru

@saymyname78 bro did you send To confirm reply YES to 8108015880 to complete the process of linking Mobile number to those Accounts?

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
Total_Fun wrote:

There’s a possibility that SBI officials themselves are involved

Involved in??

May be this is coming because of just a mis-typed mobile number(for a newly opened account) by the clerk//officer.
On contacting any branch official and explaining this will help in correction only.

Missing
Tech Guru

@bikidas2060 @rogerthat @androgame @guest_999
@hotchap @alienteck
Any idea what to do?

My cousin sister suggested if this has happened to so many Dimers recently then most probably not a case mistake in phone number.

She suggested to tweet SBI also tag some reputated media like the Hindu or NDTV or India Today and even Local police.

Missing
Tech Guru
Expand
Chargefree wrote:

Involved in??

May be this is coming because of just a mis-typed mobile number(for a newly opened account) by the clerk//officer.
On contacting any branch official and explaining this will help in correction only.

I guess you don’t have any clue many fake bank Accounts are their containing billions of rupees of Black money or how corrupt bank officials can be especially government bank

Missing
Deal Cadet
Total_Fun wrote:

@saymyname78 bro did you send To confirm reply YES to 8108015880 to complete the process of linking Mobile number to those Accounts?

No , I did nothing .

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
Total_Fun wrote:

I guess you don’t have any clue many fake bank Accounts are their containing billions of rupees of Black money or how corrupt bank officials can be especially government bank

And there is no mail id , etc to contact SBI .

Missing
Deal Cadet
Alexios wrote:

Do you have finin account? Sbm bank India is partner with them.

Yes finin account but not with this number , also finin acct number doesn’t matches with smses in question .

Missing
Blogger

I received similar message for about a year then it stopped.

There must be mistake on part of staff.

Missing
Tech Guru
Total_Fun wrote:

@bikidas2060 @rogerthat @androgame @guest_999
@hotchap @alienteck
Any idea what to do?

My cousin sister suggested if this has happened to so many Dimers recently then most probably not a case mistake in phone number.

She suggested to tweet SBI also tag some reputated media like the Hindu or NDTV or India Today and even Local police.

Or just try to  get access to the accounts and steal their your own money. stuck_out_tongue stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Issues In Public Interest.

Jann Hitt Mein Jaari

Missing