Hot Deal

urgent help needed: Fraud happened with SBI card

440°
Deal Newbie
DesiLokesh

Hi,

My cousin shared an OTP for SBI card transaction for his dad’s SBI card.
Amount was 99k+.

What can I do guys?

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
56 Comments  |  
25 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Call customer care and block the card..ASAP

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

card block instantly otherwise ready to spend 3 months in bank 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
abhijith143 wrote:

Call customer care and block the card..ASAP

Already did that

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
hackerboys wrote:

card block instantly otherwise ready to spend 3 months in bank 

Yes bro already did that.
But how to get this money back

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
DesiLokesh wrote:

Already did that

If amount is debited…call customer and raise complaint…they will HOLD the amount….

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied

Sbi sends 6-7 smses every month telling people not to share otps/cvv/pin etc. Why and how did your cousin share the otp.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Call customer care and tell me this txn was fraud and you want to to raise complaint so you can get fraud amnt refunded

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
DesiLokesh wrote:

Yes bro already did that.
But how to get this money back

Since they have shared otp willingly, it will not comes under bank fault. So they can’t do anything. Only hope for you is the cyber crime police. If they apprehend the people behind the Fraud and recover it then only you can get your money back(very low chance ) so don’t have high hope about that.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sauravDD wrote:

Call customer care and tell me this txn was fraud and you want to to raise complaint so you can get fraud amnt refunded

No chance if debit card, in case of credit card police complaint is required since they have shared otp willingly, bank has no responsibility here.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
DesiLokesh wrote:

Yes bro already did that.
But how to get this money back

first visit bank and tell them they will fill  a form 

u also need to visit police station and write a written complaint and then show it to bank

after sometime bank will add temporary limit to ur card

it may take time 

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied

Dispute the transaction and contact cc. Take no from official website only not google.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

whether it may be debit or credit or even prepaid card, a fraud is always a punishable offence if proved. So pursue the matter legally.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Nothing can be done, frauds are happening without sharing OTP as well but the bank is not considering their fault,

Liability is only Card Owners’s., CyberCrime in India is bullshit,

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

raise complaint with cybercrime; SBI will do nothing even if u dispute

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

was this new card?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

What if we don’t tell sbi that OTP was given ? And raise a chargeback, just stick to story that it was fraudulent transaction. You did not share OTP.

Will this work @caks2006407 @japeshsingla @bhopali91355

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Manitian wrote:

What if we don’t tell sbi that OTP was given ? And raise a chargeback, just stick to story that it was fraudulent transaction. You did not share OTP.

Will this work @caks2006407 @japeshsingla @bhopali91355

They do not care what we say, simply say txn is authorized thru OTP which was sent to ur “mobile only” so u shared it. Have seen such case 6-7 yrs back though it was small txn of 4to5k, and OTP was shared to scamsters like here over ph but charge back done saying OTP not shared

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

File a complaint to cyber police i heard almost a same case on toi two days ago they caught those people within days.

Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied

Many people post here fraud happened where they willingly shared otp.

Can someone please explain when you are willingly giving otp to the scamster how is it a FRAUD ??

Now you can block card,make police complaint,explain to bank and hope for the best.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Manitian wrote:

What if we don’t tell sbi that OTP was given ? And raise a chargeback, just stick to story that it was fraudulent transaction. You did not share OTP.

Will this work @caks2006407 @japeshsingla @bhopali91355

They won’t agree, they will keep saying that you shared OTP (even after then if you didn’t share).

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

This is the wording of SBI,

We wish to inform you that as per our records, the dynamic One Time Password (OTP) was successfully delivered at your registered mobile number. Transaction alert SMS regarding the aforesaid transaction was also delivered at your registered mobile number.

Considering all the above, the liability of transactions in such cases lies with the cardholder.

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

Just intimate SBI about this and get help from police/cybercrime about this thing share all the details about how the guy contacted to get OTP and all. SBI won’t help you much even if they can, your only hope is the cybercrime dept.
A similar thing happened to my friend’s sister but it was UPI QR fraud of 30k, she was trying to buy something from a seller on Instagram.

btw, how old is your cousin and why have you not set transaction limits in your cards (1 lakh is a huge amount)?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

There is also a thing called “chargeback” under which you can dispute the txns done on a credit card citing lack of service/quality/misleading selling. In such cases bank investigates & obviously no scamster will be able to pass the check unless the scamster is actually delivering something to your address.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

There is also a thing called “chargeback” under which you can dispute the txns done on a credit card citing lack of service/quality/misleading selling. In such cases bank investigates & obviously no scamster will be able to pass the check unless the scamster is actually delivering something to your address.

Chargeback is with Merchant – so merchant lets say gift provider Woohoo / ZIngoy / GYFtr - will share there invoice and in rare case basis FIR may share GV after that you can track.

Now assume Paytm Bank – amount added with some charges to account – withdrawn from atm 

So chargeback is something difficult but still worth to try. 

@DesiLokesh if payment was done via payment gateway – Payu ; Razorpay you can ask them to block funds and share FIR copy – so in case if some goods has been ordered and in transit it may get canecl

Also try lodging online complaint at https://cybercrime.g...n/

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
japeshsingla wrote:

They won’t agree, they will keep saying that you shared OTP (even after then if you didn’t share).

they came to know this transaction has done with otp verification only. 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

They do not care what we say, simply say txn is authorized thru OTP which was sent to ur “mobile only” so u shared it. Have seen such case 6-7 yrs back though it was small txn of 4to5k, and OTP was shared to scamsters like here over ph but charge back done saying OTP not shared

Yes exactly, even I remember around 10 years back ICICI also said same thing, transaction done through OTP and nothing can be done from their side.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
xxxyyyzzz wrote:

Just intimate SBI about this and get help from police/cybercrime about this thing share all the details about how the guy contacted to get OTP and all. SBI won’t help you much even if they can, your only hope is the cybercrime dept.
A similar thing happened to my friend’s sister but it was UPI QR fraud of 30k, she was trying to buy something from a seller on Instagram.

btw, how old is your cousin and why have you not set transaction limits in your cards (1 lakh is a huge amount)?

Bro I didn’t even knew that his father has this credit card from SBI. This SBI people issued this card saying it was free(it was not) and they took it.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply