Hot Deal

Vi Authorized Store told me to Pay 150Rs for SIM Replacement Cost? Any Dimer Experienced this?

1146°
Finance Ninja
shraaj

Vi Authorized Store told me to pay 150Rs for SIM Replacement Cost?

Any Dimer Experienced this? I am from Maharashtra Circle.

When i contacted Vi Care, they told me SIM Replacement is free after 90Days
The Twitter Team of Vi told me 75Rs Charges.

Vi Twitter Customer Care Response-

Hi! We are here to assist you. To replace your SIM, please visit the nearest Vodafone store along with your Aadhar card or any other valid id proof such as voter ID, and get upgraded to a 4G SIM. To find a Vi Store near you, visit http://srkl.in/6016...hy. SIM request will get processed within 2 hrs and 30 mins, also Incoming and Outgoing SMS will be inactive for 24 hours to avoid any fraudulent activities. After 24 hours SMS will be unbarred automatically. For SIM upgrade to 4G no Charges will applied. SIM charge for Maharashtra, Goa & Andhra Pradesh Circle – Rs.75/- and remaining Circles – Rs.50/-. However, Damage & Faulty SIM is free of cost at the Vi store. We request to you please carry registered alternate contact number and Email Id. You will receive OTP for validation will be sent on registered alternate contact number and Email ID Kindly Please note third party SIM exchange has been discontinued for your own safety and security, so that no unauthorized person can get a SIM replacement for your number. This will avoid any misuse of your number. The account holder may send a representative to our store with a duly signed authorization letter from the account holder, the account holder’s original POI and the visiting representative’s original POI. For any further assistance please write us back — Pragya

https://ibb.co/b...23

45 Comments  |  
22 Dimers
  • Sort By
Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

Airtel generally take rs 25 for sim replacement

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

In the above email Vi CC has mentioned that for faulty or damaged SIM no charges for replacement. Airtel SIMs OTOH just seem to stop working after 2-3 years and greedy Airtel doesn’t issue any waivers.

View 2 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Last I did for 100 at idea store….take a receipt n tweet

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

So,You replaced and then and tweeted,what was there response.

View 1 more reply
Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Is it home delivery? Go to any retailer directly. He will do it for 25₹

Link Copied

Gone and searched whole city (Only 1 Authorized store-Vi Offers SIM Replacement only at Official Stores and Not third party. and read the tweet carefully

VI Said, " Please note third party SIM exchange has been discontinued for your own safety and security, so that no unauthorized person can get a SIM replacement for your number. This will avoid any misuse of your number. The account holder may send a representative to our store with a duly signed authorization letter from the account holder, the account holder’s original POI and the visiting representative’s original POI"

Even Official store charging me 150 confused,Which officially is 75

View 3 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I think 100 balance + 50 sim replacement charge. I was also charged for 100 minimum balance while sim replacement.

Link Copied

Officially its 75Rs including all charges for Vi Maharashtra/AP.

Other States- 50Rs.

Who needs Balance Buddy,already we have an Unlimited Plan Going ,its not 2016 ka pahle ka time when people used to recharge TT.

Read the Tweet Carefully or see the images.

SIM Replacement cost includes all these things.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Here (WB) Airtel/vi/BSNL SIM replacement charges 25/- & Jio is totally free everywhere in india.

*Official Stores only.

Link Copied

Just Today,I replaced My BSNL SIM Card (Circle Office),50Rs Fee and also received the SMS From BSNL that 50Rs has been taken against your SIM Swap at this Office.

I liked that kind of service full of honesty and transparency.

Airtel and Vi pensive Learn Something from BSNL

Airtel 100 to 250Rs (50Official)
Vi 150 to 200Rs (75 Official)
Jio 100Rs took from me in 2019 from Jio Official Store
BSNL- 50Rs previously 20Rs

ONLY BSNL is Good

View 1 more reply
Generous Generous
Link Copied

The authorised store is NOT authorised to collect bribes! imp

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

In The Past Airtel Sim Replacement…

Customer Care Told 25rs… But Outlet Are Asking 200Rs.

Even If We Legally Bargain Them They Don’t Care.

Can’t Pay 200Rs For Sim Replacement They Suggested To Buy New Number @ 50Rs Only information_desk_person

Link Copied

Yes,You are absolutely right

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

Visited vi store they said to do 100rs recharge (Not online only via local retailers) and 50 rs charge will be deducted from main balance of 81..

Firestorm Firestorm
Link Copied

Vi 75 charge krta hai

Link Copied

Charge to 75 Karta hai but dena 150,200,250 pad sakta hai

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

In february got my vi sim upgraded for free from vi store they were asking Rs 50 .I showed them the sms which stated free upgradation.

Cool Cool
Link Copied

In my area jio airtel vi replace sim free

Link Copied

Update- Vi SIM Successfully Exchanged for a Free of Cost.

Registered a Complaint with Vi Twitter Team and Sent a PORT Message, I told them that This Authorised Store of Yours Charged me this amount for Damaged SIM.

They told me to wait for some days, Yesterday I received a call from Vi Authorised Store – The Same Store who asked me to Pay 150/-Called me and said “Come to Store and Exchange your SIM”.

Before that Many Follow-up has been Taken from Vi Team to Check the Genuinity of the issue and Yeaahhhh, I WON!

I didn’t even Pay 75/- Which is “Vi” Official Charges, My SIM Came under Damaged/Faulty SIM (NETWORK took 10-12Min after Restart or Power On)So their charges are ZERO.

Last Time airtel store and Now Vi smile Complaining all of them, Twist is airtel store was Unofficial so They Completely Banned that Store from any activity of airtel.

Thanks, @LIMBO for Alerting me.(DAMAGED SIM-FREE OF COST)

@amitsrt786 @tgsdd @gov4tman @Luciferofhell @jazz09 @24karat @saucap @shivrajsingh @Nationalist @BornGenius2.0 @UnderNation @Bk100 @pradeep.gr @IndianDimer
@SandipxDip

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Great sunglasses

View 1 more reply
Pro DealBaba Pro DealBaba
Link Copied

Sim is replaced at no cost, even if they ask for some bucks, call cc and do some bhais, they will refund you(cc not store)

Link Copied

Last year Same Incident Happened to me, in Lockdown Period, My family members 3 Airtel SIM Cards was Damaged. The SIM was Damaged SERIALLY Like Mine was in June, Fathers in July and Sisters in August.

Went to the Local Shop (Gallery) Because No airtel authorised store at My Place, He asked 150-200Rs but I negotiated and finally paid 100/-,Now,after second sim damaged again gone and again third and paid 100/-SIM Card everytime, He even said there are many people come to stores these days because airtel forcefully Damaged there SIM Card.

After that, I tweeted to airtel team took so many information from mine about stores and even told me how much did you paid and all? they said 25/- is official charges they they raised a complaint and banned that store,But NO REFUND Of my 300-253=225 cry*

Freebie Finder Freebie Finder
Link Copied

Great! Twitter complaints worked most of the time. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Link Copied

These days I use Twitter like a Customer Care “Whatsapp” or Chatbox smile

E-mails are Good sometimes especially when the Company was not on Twitter and You want to send mail to a Higher official about your complaint.

I Literally Direct DM them, I Don’t tweet because of “SENSITIVE Information” We share and its Public, so directly DM them.

eg- Jio, airtel, Vi because I have all SIM smile (BSNL Twitter Team says Call CC Not Twitter),Freecharge,Flipkart,etc

Private Banks as PSU Bank Like Central Bank doesn’t Solve Customer Care Query on Twitter

One thing I can say Govt.Companies SARKARI BABU laughing Doesn’t like to solve queries over Twitter

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Postpaid sim replacement 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

My Vodafone sim replacement 

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I paid 100.... It suddenly stopped working during 1st lockdown

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

200 get in duplicate sim why

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Answer me

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

200 rupees get rem replace ment why

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Officially it's Rs 50 in most circles barring a few where it's a bit higher. At least in Vi Stores and gets deducted from the SIM talktime balance. Replaced 2 SIMs early this year. Vi Mini stores charge at least Rs 100 which can't be adjusted against TT balance. 

Link Copied

They told me to do 100Rs TT Recharge when I was in the OFFICIAL Vi Store in Pune and My SIM was activated after 5 Min

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Same issue occurred with Airtel. They asked for 100 rs so I port my sim into BSNL and get 2 month 2gb/day plan only 50rs

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

He charged 100 rs but I got request massage of 75 rs. For SIM exchange

replyuser
Click here to reply