Hot Deal

What things are to be done after buying MI smartphones

588°
Pro Blogger
bikidas2060

MI smartphones have a lot of security compromises built-in around themselves, especially in MI UI.
So, guys please guide people to do things that will make their phones compliant with security standards.

74 Comments  |  
30 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Bhai if you want 100% assurance then simply go to xda forum & install a custom rom for your phone model, many Indian devs there so always have support for Indian specific issues like jio volte, paytm phonepe app not working etc. If don’t want to try custom rom then follow some miui ad blocking guides there.

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

Bhai if you want 100% assurance then simply go to xda forum & install a custom rom for your phone model, many Indian devs there so always have support for Indian specific issues like jio volte, paytm phonepe app not working etc. If don’t want to try custom rom then follow some miui ad blocking guides there.

Ji bhai

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

There is a Java utility from xda developers or git. Take that and uninstall the apps you don’t need. For what it’s worth, I suggest to google the apk name before removing, understand what it does. If you decide it’s of no use, then uninstall it. Not all features are wanted by everyone. You can also do the same via command line through adb without the need for that java utility. But this utility lists only those apps that are safe to remove. A few apps are tangled with miui, and when you remove that, os gets crashed.

If you choose command line option , there is another thing I would suggest. Start with a freshly reset phone, after you remove each app, restart atleast 2 times to ensure you don’t break anything. If you happen to break, recover and repeat the process by excluding that particular app which broke the OS

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Aaj ke din Dussehra Puja Karo phone Ki 😂

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Which phone exactly? Poco barely needs anything to be done, but Redmi phones need a lot of debloating which will take half an hour.

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
G-Gowda wrote:

Which phone exactly? Poco barely needs anything to be done, but Redmi phones need a lot of debloating which will take half an hour.

Poco M2 Pro bhai 🙂🙂

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

In my case immediately after unboxing my Poco F1 I started the bootloader unlocking process. Thankfully it was almost instantaneous. Flashed a custom recovery followed by crDroid which is pretty much the best ROM for F1. It had already been on the market for more than a year so custom ROM development was quite mature and so a multitude of quality ROMs were available. CrDroid was so good that I didn’t feel the need to try any other custom ROM. MIUI was on my device for maybe a few minutes at most and that garbage is never ever coming back. However one might try to polish a turd it will still remain shit.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Sudarshan61 wrote:

Aaj ke din Dussehra Puja Karo phone Ki 😂

🙄😔

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
LIMBO wrote:

In my case immediately after unboxing my Poco F1 I started the bootloader unlocking process. Thankfully it was almost instantaneous. Flashed a custom recovery followed by crDroid which is pretty much the best ROM for F1. It had already been on the market for more than a year so custom ROM development was quite mature and so a multitude of quality ROMs were available. CrDroid was so good that I didn’t feel the need to try any other custom ROM. MIUI was on my device for maybe a few minutes at most and that garbage is never ever coming back. However one might try to polish a turd it will still remain shit.

Thanks for the insight. But in the process warranty will be void, no???

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Poco M2 Pro bhai 🙂🙂

I was about to create such post but forgot. Thanks for creating.
I also got my poco M2 pro recently as its for my sis so don’t want to mess too much with custom rom’s and all just wanted to make experience much pleasant.
I think first thing I hate is their launcher so I downloaded nova launcer and pixel icon pack to make it look a bit better.
Next issue is their blotware apps which are unnecessary so next should be to uninstall them haven’t done it yet but be aware some apps might create a issue if uninstalled you have to figure them out which are they.
Next issue I find is privacy better to check what kind of permission they have remove all permission if you don’t use any of them. For eg: their keyboard which is set as default change it to google.
There must be more hope others will come in and will share their experience.
+Vu
+Kg

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Custom Rom and then say CKMKB

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Thanks for the insight. But in the process warranty will be void, no???

Absolutely not. IIRC Poco went so far as to commit to servicing devices with custom ROMs installed!

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

@guest_999 @getready @androgame @mrKool_JJ @malikcool @BubbleBoyChickenLittle @Harish.agarwal @avgn @andromeda
Guys shed some light in this department. 🙏🙏🙏

Just make sure their apps or else the apps aren’t using any of your personal information. Also, make sure your UI is add free for better experience.
#ApkaApnaJJ smile

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

I was about to create such post but forgot. Thanks for creating.
I also got my poco M2 pro recently as its for my sis so don’t want to mess too much with custom rom’s and all just wanted to make experience much pleasant.
I think first thing I hate is their launcher so I downloaded nova launcer and pixel icon pack to make it look a bit better.
Next issue is their blotware apps which are unnecessary so next should be to uninstall them haven’t done it yet but be aware some apps might create a issue if uninstalled you have to figure them out which are they.
Next issue I find is privacy better to check what kind of permission they have remove all permission if you don’t use any of them. For eg: their keyboard which is set as default change it to google.
There must be more hope others will come in and will share their experience.
+Vu
+Kg

Love and regards bhai

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I am using redmi 6 for past 2.5 to 3years
It works good but only some crashes now and then.
If you don’t want warranty you can change the default miui to some stable mod ROM.

But again these modded os also have many issues.
For normal use and with scréen guard and bumper case your phone easily comes for 3years

All the best

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Find my device is the culprit it causes phone to crash
If possible remove it

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

Also there are umpteen complaints about MIUI updates after 1 year or so being buggy, lower in performance and battery backup. For ex. F1 users are reporting 5-7 hours SoT in recent MIUI updates which is abysmal whereas in crDroid I am averaging 11 hours plus (down from 13-15 hours in the first 8-9 months).

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

The compromises are related to your usage statistics and not security
Companies use the data acquired for their upcoming plans/launches and this is the cost you pay (+Ads) for getting a budget phone
You could prefer to share your usage data with google/microsoft/samsung/xiaomi and that’s your choice!

If you wanna get rid of bloatware (Useful Apps to some*) or Ads, then you can get over to XDA and use debloater scripts to disable system apps
& if you prefer to get rid of the skinned OS and flash a custom rom from XDA or Telegram (from a new developer* – usual case for new phones), its just one more compromise like getting chinese phones because they are cheap

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Few users of m2 pro/note 9 pro have observed dust settling under camera lens after few days.
Let us know whether u also observe this after few days

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
MrDimer wrote:

Few users of m2 pro/note 9 pro have observed dust settling under camera lens after few days.
Let us know whether u also observe this after few days

Ok I will update here

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
anuragingle122 wrote:

throw in dustbin, lmao

Wondering whether :

- You throw your phones in dustbin or

- Are you one of those who collect items from dustbin?

I have a couple of items I’ll throw in dustbin today. Thought you could benefit…

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
LIMBO wrote:

In my case immediately after unboxing my Poco F1 I started the bootloader unlocking process. Thankfully it was almost instantaneous. Flashed a custom recovery followed by crDroid which is pretty much the best ROM for F1. It had already been on the market for more than a year so custom ROM development was quite mature and so a multitude of quality ROMs were available. CrDroid was so good that I didn’t feel the need to try any other custom ROM. MIUI was on my device for maybe a few minutes at most and that garbage is never ever coming back. However one might try to polish a turd it will still remain shit.

Off topic, are banking apps safe to operate on custom roms?

Missing