What to do after tariff hikes

205°
Missing
suspended
52
114
0

Guys I have seen a lot of us talking about the best approach to tackle this increase in telecom prices.

Does it make sense to shift to postpaid for one bill for entire family which has good benefits. I remember someone discussing about this. So wanted to know.

Also want to know how you guys have tackled this price increase

Thanks in advance

24 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
Missing
Community Angel
68
11809
224

Q : Also want to know how you guys have tackled this price increase

A : By doing advance recharge from free balance or discounted balance wink

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47

OP
I am using Airtel postpaid 999 family plan for 4 SIMs as the primary connection for the family.
Also have backup Jio SIM recharged till 2022.

Missing
Blogger
0
2013
55
panchabhut wrote:

OP
I am using Airtel postpaid 999 family plan for 4 SIMs as the primary connection for the family.
Also have backup Jio SIM recharged till 2022.

999 per Month will be costly or at par with individual plans on JIO

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

999 per Month will be costly or at par with individual plans on JIO

999+tax for 4 SIMs per month comes to 272 per SIM per 28 days.
But unlike Jio, there is no daily data limit and total shared data allowance of 180 GB per month with upto 200 GB unused data rollover. In standard family scenario, where some members consume less data and others consume more data and even in that, weekend consumption generally is more than weekdays, that works out cheaper.
Also, there is no guarantee that the prepaid plans will not be hiked again in 6 mths time. Only Jio offers long term queuing. For the AVoId, you will be forced to pay more.

Missing
Deal Newbie
55
68
1
panchabhut wrote:

OP
I am using Airtel postpaid 999 family plan for 4 SIMs as the primary connection for the family.
Also have backup Jio SIM recharged till 2022.

2022 scream ? Are u mad

Missing
Entertainer
745
2784
37
Expand
titamazon wrote:

Itna jaldi bhul gaye 2016 se pahle kya scene tha.

Free toh tab bhi kisi ne nahi diya tha. Except jio. Jio ne bhi 6 months diya tha Free. Sab kuch humesha ke liye free nahi ho sakta.

Missing
Deal Subedar
141
1171
82
Expand
BubbleBoyChickenLittle wrote:

Free toh tab bhi kisi ne nahi diya tha. Except jio. Jio ne bhi 6 months diya tha Free. Sab kuch humesha ke liye free nahi ho sakta.

100 rupee / gb se 100 rupya me mahina bhar net, ye free nahi hua to aur kya hua ?

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47
Expand
titamazon wrote:

100 rupee / gb se 100 rupya me mahina bhar net, ye free nahi hua to aur kya hua ?

ARPU has only increased and not decreased.

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1179
12
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

999+tax for 4 SIMs per month comes to 272 per SIM per 28 days.
But unlike Jio, there is no daily data limit and total shared data allowance of 180 GB per month with upto 200 GB unused data rollover. In standard family scenario, where some members consume less data and others consume more data and even in that, weekend consumption generally is more than weekdays, that works out cheaper.
Also, there is no guarantee that the prepaid plans will not be hiked again in 6 mths time. Only Jio offers long term queuing. For the AVoId, you will be forced to pay more.

At even 599 for 84 days, Jio is 200 a month (7 a day). For the extra Rs 72 you can either get 10 extra days with 1.5gb daily or you can simply buy data with no validity.
Add to this, the harassment they put you through if you want to convert to prepaid or port out. It’s not easy to say the least once you have postpaid.
With prepaid, you are not bound by anything. You can buy extra data whenever you need. You are not forced to use 200 or 272 on all four sim if you don’t want to. With postpaid, all four are bound. With prepaid, each can choose their own data pack based on need at any time.
I have had postpaid with Voda in past for few years but after seeing the benefits and freedom with prepaid, I will never go back even if my average spend goes as high as 50% compared with postpaid. But then, it’s a matter of convenience and personal choice

Missing
Deal Subedar
394
2196
26

shift to delhi stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye
kejriwal is offering free data for delhi people.

Missing
Blogger
0
2013
55

what to do after tariffs are hiked ?

do use less data

try to share plans via dongle ie JIO fi device

there isn’t so much quality content available every now and then download and see that offline , use sharing of those files to other users.

Missing
Blogger
0
2013
55
B4TM4N wrote:

shift to delhi stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye
kejriwal is offering free data for delhi people.

it will at par with rail fi aka Google fi

limited per user ID

not that it is bad but not a solution for everyone or everyday needs.

Missing
Deal Subedar
544
1056
19
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

ARPU has only increased and not decreased.

I feel that the low paying subscribers are paying more that has lead to higher ARPU

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4235
59
B4TM4N wrote:

shift to delhi stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye
kejriwal is offering free data for delhi people.

You should not do banking via public wifi.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4235
59
panchabhut wrote:

OP
I am using Airtel postpaid 999 family plan for 4 SIMs as the primary connection for the family.
Also have backup Jio SIM recharged till 2022.

Are you serious with that 2022…?
Some 3-4 thousand investment..🤔🤔

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47
Expand
161508 wrote:

Are you serious with that 2022…?
Some 3-4 thousand investment..🤔🤔

It was done at 109/mth when the trick of using 50 coupon with 149+10 vouchers worked.

Missing
Deal Subedar
26
1558
26

Q: What to do after tariff hikes?
A: Reduce eating masalapuri, chats, gol gappa, etc by 2 times a month. You’re set.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4235
59
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

It was done at 109/mth when the trick of using 50 coupon with 149+10 vouchers worked.

Still 2-3 thousand is a big investments knowing it is the Ambani family.. Good luck!

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47
Expand
161508 wrote:

Still 2-3 thousand is a big investments knowing it is the Ambani family.. Good luck!

people are now paying around 1700 for yearly recharges. so not that big a risk.

Missing