Which ELSS Plan to invest in ?

237°
Missing
Deal Cadet
55
526
8

Suggest me a good ELSS  MF scheme  to  start SIP in .

I was investing in Aditya Birla ELSS , it performance is not that good . I stopped it this month .

32 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
51
895
6
suman1520 wrote:

Axis long term equity elss is good

Avoid reliance {now Nippon } Mutual fund

Missing
Critic
219
1280
20

I hope you are not investing everything in an ELSS scheme,one must invest in at least one large cap MF & one hybrid-equity oriented MF before anything else especially if young in age.

Missing
Deal Subedar
72
2168
21

go blindly for mirae asset tax saver

Missing
Deal Cadet
122
422
6
adrishya wrote:

go blindly for mirae asset tax saver

Not great

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47

people go for ELSS primarily for tax saving purposes. the performance of NPS over last 4 years has been much better than any ELSS.
so if you are willing to save long term, opt for NPS and not ELSS

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4762
138
adrishya wrote:

go blindly for mirae asset tax saver

No. It’s not the best anymore since the switch.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
53
4028
80
panchabhut wrote:

people go for ELSS primarily for tax saving purposes. the performance of NPS over last 4 years has been much better than any ELSS.
so if you are willing to save long term, opt for NPS and not ELSS

on the long term equity always beats other schemes, period. smile
edit: one has to mix things as per the requirements and personal goals.

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
895
6
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

why bhai????

Just compare elss of reliance Nippon and axis long term equity… reliance is giving only 16% in 3 years ..and axis is giving close to 54%https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/594563/original/Screenshot_2019-11-11-19-03-27-681.jpeg?1573479226

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
53
4028
80
Expand
suman1520 wrote:

Just compare elss of reliance Nippon and axis long term equity… reliance is giving only 16% in 3 years ..and axis is giving close to 54%https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/594563/original/Screenshot_2019-11-11-19-03-27-681.jpeg?1573479226

3 years is too short for equity investment. In long term like 10-12 years returns ll be more like 12% max with sip. 🙂

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
895
6
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

3 years is too short for equity investment. In long term like 10-12 years returns ll be more like 12% max with sip. 🙂

I know it’s short duration..but compare with axis, SBI

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
53
4028
80
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

3 years is too short for equity investment. In long term like 10-12 years returns ll be more like 12% max with sip. 🙂

Remember once upon a time Everyone was singing about Reliance. And kindly consult a financial advisor for the better info. 🙂 Axis Lt is a good fund, I admit

Missing
Deal Cadet
163
505
28

Absl tax saver 96 or Axis long term equity

Missing
Deal Cadet
55
526
8
RaviKhanna wrote:

Absl tax saver 96 or Axis long term equity

aditya birla pe already kar raha hun. already investing on ABSL 96

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

on the long term equity always beats other schemes, period. smile
edit: one has to mix things as per the requirements and personal goals.

NPS gives you the choice to invest in Equity also in the product mix. And NPS has additional 50k exclusive tax benefit which no ELSS can provide.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
53
4028
80
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

NPS gives you the choice to invest in Equity also in the product mix. And NPS has additional 50k exclusive tax benefit which no ELSS can provide.

Bhai. Principle is the more you earn the more you give as tax. 🙂

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Bhai. Principle is the more you earn the more you give as tax. 🙂

The very basis of ELSS is investment with tax savings. If someone does not have tax, why would he opt for ELSS when there are much better options.
ELSS comes under normal 1.5 L limit of 80C whereas NPS has additional 50K limit in addition to normal limit of 1.5 L.
Whether a person is in 10%, 20% or 30% bracket, what still works out to extra cashback in the form of reduced tax.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
53
4028
80
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

The very basis of ELSS is investment with tax savings. If someone does not have tax, why would he opt for ELSS when there are much better options.
ELSS comes under normal 1.5 L limit of 80C whereas NPS has additional 50K limit in addition to normal limit of 1.5 L.
Whether a person is in 10%, 20% or 30% bracket, what still works out to extra cashback in the form of reduced tax.

In the long run these equity schemes have historically beaten normal investment methods. One gotta think beyond that safety net n tax saving trap. 🙂 Technically which can be done by any suitable equity funds. I m not against any single investment methods. Pension planning is equally important as that of wealth creation.

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

In the long run these equity schemes have historically beaten normal investment methods. One gotta think beyond that safety net n tax saving trap. 🙂 Technically which can be done by any suitable equity funds. I m not against any single investment methods. Pension planning is equally important as that of wealth creation.

As already indicated in earlier post, NPS also provides the option to invest in Equity, with the added advantage of instant cashback in the form of tax benefits.

For an investment value of 50K, a person needs to pay 50K for any Equity MF and only 34.4K (if in 30% tax bracket) for NPS. Under Active Choice, NPS permits max 75% investment in Equity and remaining 25% in debt. So the choice is between paying 37.5K for 37.5K in Equity MF or paying net 34.4K (3K less) in NPS to get the same 37.5K in Equity PLUS 12.5K in Debt.

And OP specifically asked for ELSS which means that his objective is tax saving also.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
53
4028
80
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

As already indicated in earlier post, NPS also provides the option to invest in Equity, with the added advantage of instant cashback in the form of tax benefits.

For an investment value of 50K, a person needs to pay 50K for any Equity MF and only 34.4K (if in 30% tax bracket) for NPS. Under Active Choice, NPS permits max 75% investment in Equity and remaining 25% in debt. So the choice is between paying 37.5K for 37.5K in Equity MF or paying net 34.4K (3K less) in NPS to get the same 37.5K in Equity PLUS 12.5K in Debt.

And OP specifically asked for ELSS which means that his objective is tax saving also.

But can never know the portfolio in which NPS invests in a simple manner. You gotta goto their respective websites n download the pdf to view. Op is confused actually. He should seriously goto a financial advisor n have a face to face chat.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
53
4028
80
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

As already indicated in earlier post, NPS also provides the option to invest in Equity, with the added advantage of instant cashback in the form of tax benefits.

For an investment value of 50K, a person needs to pay 50K for any Equity MF and only 34.4K (if in 30% tax bracket) for NPS. Under Active Choice, NPS permits max 75% investment in Equity and remaining 25% in debt. So the choice is between paying 37.5K for 37.5K in Equity MF or paying net 34.4K (3K less) in NPS to get the same 37.5K in Equity PLUS 12.5K in Debt.

And OP specifically asked for ELSS which means that his objective is tax saving also.

Btw kindly give me a link to easily study the portfolio structure of those NPS schemes with equity exposure.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
53
4028
80
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

http://npstrust.org.in/content/scheme-por...io

Scheme “E” is the Equity Fund of respective Fund manager.

I have seen it already. I have data about SBI n Birla. I don’t find rest of the schemes very unnavigable n I am not really impressed by it. Edit: I was talking about a better simple way, just like Moneycontrol

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

I have seen it already. I have data about SBI n Birla. I don’t find rest of the schemes very unnavigable n I am not really impressed by it. Edit: I was talking about a better simple way, just like Moneycontrol

If you are expert enough to analyze the portfolio details and evaluate the scheme efficiency, then navigating should not be an issue. Except for ICICI, the rest are straight forward. For ICICI, you need to go to the bottom of the page.

Missing