Which laptop to buy under 50k

137°
Deal Hunter
The_Dark_Knight

https://www.flipkart.com/msi-modern-14-ryzen-5-...

I have gone through multiple threads, but still couldn’t decide which one to choose from.. 

I had bad experience buying Dell inspiron, in just 3 years it doesn’t work.. If I open 3-4 chrome browser it just stuck and not respond.. I 3 5th Gen 4g ram ( no ssd) but it should still be working.. Tried for ssd installation but it doesn’t support officially I guess.. 


So decided to buy new one.. Had been looking for 3-4 months but still confused.. Few questions for experts.. Which might help everyone buying laptops 

How you guys decide which one is better when specs are almost same.. I mean hp, acer, Dell,realme, redmi asus with i5 11th Gen, 8 GB ram, 512 ssd.. Which one will you go for? Who has better customer support and more importantly who can run fine for atleast next 4-5 years without dying? 

Intel or AMD? I read somewhere i5 10th Gen >> i5 11gen..and ryzen 5 is better than i7?? Really? Should I buy ryzen 5th Gen? For longer performance? 

How much ssd is good enough 256/512

There are few types of RAM available which one to buy? 

Requirement was for multiple software running at same time and for coding… Not much for game..  Few which I sorted 

 MSI Modern 14 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 4500U 
https://dl.flipkart.com/s/9NtR...uN

Take a look at this realme Book(Slim) Intel Evo Core i5 11th Gen
https://dl.flipkart.com/s/EufS...NN

Take a look at this ASUS VivoBook 14 (2022) Core i5 11th Gen – (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home
https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/asus-vivobook-14-202...

Take a look at this acer Aspire 7 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U – (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) 
https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/acer-aspire-7-ryzen-...

Expiring In 9 days
21 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Adding SSD to old laptop will solve d problem….but need to check specs which type of SSD it support or not at all

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
24karat wrote:

Adding SSD to old laptop will solve d problem….but need to check specs which type of SSD it support or not at all

Already tried.. The model doesn’t support officially 



Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
24karat wrote:

Adding SSD to old laptop will solve d problem….but need to check specs which type of SSD it support or not at all

+1… adding ssd and ram should solve ur problem. If it has dvd drive then a ssd can be installed with the help of caddy. Hope this helps… smile 

.

look for some videos by googling ur dell laptop model

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Already tried.. The model doesn’t support officially 



SSD can be installed in nearly every laptop, doesn’t matter how old it is. I installed a 2.5" SATA SSD in my 14 year old Dell Inspiron.


Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

i3 5005U is 7 years old, it is still fine for basic browsing and media consumption (w/ an SSD) but it feels very slugging w.r.t other aspects (i5 11th gen is a quad core processor and multi core performance is almost 4x better). Even the iGPU on 11th gen i5 variants is significantly faster (400%) than the one on your laptop (HD 5500)

About picking one laptop from many options, first decide what’s more important for you in any laptop. If its me, first its the CPU+GPU >> Display >> Upgradability >> Build & of course product reviews). Dell might offer better after-sales support but their products are usually costlier compared to the competition (ASUS, HP, Lenovo, Acer) and any case the pricing looks similar then they compromise in terms of build/display ( Almost all brands follow the same tactic)

Intel or AMD

Cant’ generalize which one is better. For instance, intel 11th i5 and AMD 4500/5500/5600U offer similar performance (CPU and the iGPU)

How much ssd is good enough 256/512

Prefer 512GB. If there’s only 256GB variant or the price difference is a lot for higher storage option then get it and upgrade at a later point of time

There are few types of RAM available which one to buy?

8GB is enough for casual usage but based on your requirements 16GB is better. Check the laptop specifications, some have only 1 RAM slot and it is soldered and others got two slots (2×8/2×16/2×32) so you can extend the ram later. For ex, the MSI Modern 14 laptop can have max 64GB RAM (32+32)

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

Thanks for answering almost all questions.. As per your suggestions


RedmiBook Pro Core i5 11th Gen – (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) Thin and Light Laptop on Flipkart
https://dl.flipkart.com/s/7lsh...NN


Looks great.. However I saw many comments that the laptop isn’t great at this price, reason being the quality of products.. So one laptop that you would suggest to go for… Or one brand? Asus? Msi? Hp? Mi? Even realme laptops has great reviews 

For me important is CPU+GPU >> longetivity( run good for next 5 years >> Upgradability >> Build >> display

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

kept this in my wish list

Take a look at this acer Swift 3 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U – (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) SF314-43 Thin and Light Laptop on Flipkart
https://dl.flipkart.com/s/zEX9...uN

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

HP Laptop 14s-fq1089AU
Lenovo V15 Gen2
IdeaPad slim 3i Gen 6

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Thanks for answering almost all questions.. As per your suggestions


RedmiBook Pro Core i5 11th Gen – (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) Thin and Light Laptop on Flipkart
https://dl.flipkart.com/s/7lsh...NN


Looks great.. However I saw many comments that the laptop isn’t great at this price, reason being the quality of products.. So one laptop that you would suggest to go for… Or one brand? Asus? Msi? Hp? Mi? Even realme laptops has great reviews 

For me important is CPU+GPU >> longetivity( run good for next 5 years >> Upgradability >> Build >> display

Ignore Redmibooks and check Mi Notebooks (Pro/Ultra) on Amazon.in (For 8-10k price difference, these Mi Notebooks offer much better VFM). And yes, RealMe laptops are good too (Best thing about this laptop is they included a much better 1440p, 400nits display and it is the same panel on the base i3 variant too (+ there’s backlit keyboard too) , which is not the case with other brands like dell, hp, lenovo, acer)\

That being said, if longevity is your #1 priority then may be you can skip Xiaomi/RealMe and consider MSI/Acer/Lenovo (MSI Modern 14, Acer Aspire 3, HP Aero & Lenovo IdeaPad series) but remember the display panels on these devices will not be better than the one on RealMe Laptop / Mi Notebook pro/Ultra (Except HP Aero and it also costs more ~60k)

Edit: Check Samsung Galaxybook2 (i5 12th gen), the effective price will be 55-60k

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Thanks for answering almost all questions.. As per your suggestions


RedmiBook Pro Core i5 11th Gen – (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) Thin and Light Laptop on Flipkart
https://dl.flipkart.com/s/7lsh...NN


Looks great.. However I saw many comments that the laptop isn’t great at this price, reason being the quality of products.. So one laptop that you would suggest to go for… Or one brand? Asus? Msi? Hp? Mi? Even realme laptops has great reviews 

For me important is CPU+GPU >> longetivity( run good for next 5 years >> Upgradability >> Build >> display

Don’t compromise on display. At least get IPS panel.

Kolkata Knight Riders Kolkata Knight Riders
Link Copied
Expand
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Already tried.. The model doesn’t support officially 



It will Support, By the way, please say your Model Number or Search it on Dell Website by Identifying your Laptop Model.

I have Dell Inspiron 15 3558 Model Which has Intel Core i3-5th Gen and 4GB RAM Configuration seems like mine and your models are the same.

IN 2020, I have installed an SSD Of 256GB (CRUCIAL BRAND) and an Additional 4GB Ram (Crucial) and Bingo! My Laptop is much faster than Intel i3-10th Gen Laptop (HDD)…

Give it a shot! If not then, buy a new one!
My Laptop Body is being cracking (POOR BUILT QUALITY)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

following… Even I have to buy one under 50k 

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
Expand
shraaj wrote:

It will Support, By the way, please say your Model Number or Search it on Dell Website by Identifying your Laptop Model.

I have Dell Inspiron 15 3558 Model Which has Intel Core i3-5th Gen and 4GB RAM Configuration seems like mine and your models are the same.

IN 2020, I have installed an SSD Of 256GB (CRUCIAL BRAND) and an Additional 4GB Ram (Crucial) and Bingo! My Laptop is much faster than Intel i3-10th Gen Laptop (HDD)…

Give it a shot! If not then, buy a new one!
My Laptop Body is being cracking (POOR BUILT QUALITY)

Mine is inspiron 3567 i guess.. But will go for new one, i guess investing 4200 for 256 gb ssd might help but won’t do much 

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Ignore Redmibooks and check Mi Notebooks (Pro/Ultra) on Amazon.in (For 8-10k price difference, these Mi Notebooks offer much better VFM). And yes, RealMe laptops are good too (Best thing about this laptop is they included a much better 1440p, 400nits display and it is the same panel on the base i3 variant too (+ there’s backlit keyboard too) , which is not the case with other brands like dell, hp, lenovo, acer)\

That being said, if longevity is your #1 priority then may be you can skip Xiaomi/RealMe and consider MSI/Acer/Lenovo (MSI Modern 14, Acer Aspire 3, HP Aero & Lenovo IdeaPad series) but remember the display panels on these devices will not be better than the one on RealMe Laptop / Mi Notebook pro/Ultra (Except HP Aero and it also costs more ~60k)

Edit: Check Samsung Galaxybook2 (i5 12th gen), the effective price will be 55-60k

Based on the comments and suggestions selected these 2

Deal of the day: Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 11th Gen Intel Core i5 14" FHD Thin & Light Laptop (8GB/512GB SDD/Win11/Office 2021/Backlit/Fingerprint Reader/2Yr Warranty/3months Xbox Game Pass/Arctic Grey/1.41Kg), 82H701ASIN https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09SLCF62N/ref=cm_sw_r...


Still trying to figure out the difference between slim 3 and slim 5(which cost 61k), and slim 3 and slim 3i(available on flipkart) 


HP 15, 11th Gen Intel Core i5-8GB RAM/512GB SSD 15.6 inches Laptop, FHD, IPS, Micro-Edge, Anti-Glare Display/Intel Iris Xe Graphics/Alexa Built- in/Windows 11 Home/1.75kg, 15s-du3517TU https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09PBTLW9F/ref=cm_sw_r...

Deal of the day: MSI Modern 14, Intel i5-1155G7, 14" FHD IPS-Level 60Hz Panel Laptop (8GB/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10 Home/Intel UHD Graphics/Carbon Grey/1.3Kg), B11MOU-861IN https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09QG5N7MB/ref=cm_sw_r...



Are these better for the given price tag of around 50k?

Kolkata Knight Riders Kolkata Knight Riders
Link Copied
Expand
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Mine is inspiron 3567 i guess.. But will go for new one, i guess investing 4200 for 256 gb ssd might help but won’t do much 

It Works! But,If you are heavy user then buy NEW ONE!

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
Expand
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Based on the comments and suggestions selected these 2

Deal of the day: Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 11th Gen Intel Core i5 14" FHD Thin & Light Laptop (8GB/512GB SDD/Win11/Office 2021/Backlit/Fingerprint Reader/2Yr Warranty/3months Xbox Game Pass/Arctic Grey/1.41Kg), 82H701ASIN https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09SLCF62N/ref=cm_sw_r...


Still trying to figure out the difference between slim 3 and slim 5(which cost 61k), and slim 3 and slim 3i(available on flipkart) 


HP 15, 11th Gen Intel Core i5-8GB RAM/512GB SSD 15.6 inches Laptop, FHD, IPS, Micro-Edge, Anti-Glare Display/Intel Iris Xe Graphics/Alexa Built- in/Windows 11 Home/1.75kg, 15s-du3517TU https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09PBTLW9F/ref=cm_sw_r...

Deal of the day: MSI Modern 14, Intel i5-1155G7, 14" FHD IPS-Level 60Hz Panel Laptop (8GB/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10 Home/Intel UHD Graphics/Carbon Grey/1.3Kg), B11MOU-861IN https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09QG5N7MB/ref=cm_sw_r...



Are these better for the given price tag of around 50k?

@getready please help 

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

@getready please help 

If your budget is ~50k, don’t get any of these. Spend 10k more and get the ones with a better display/build

Edit: 250nits display on all these three laptops, 41Wh battery on HP 15 (Very small one for a laptop that weights 1.7kg) and 45Wh on IdeaPad Slim 3

The only good HP laptop around ~60K is HP Aero but its got a smaller battery though

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

Following….
@getready waiting for your valuable suggestions

My requirement is some what same

Coding+Multiple Tabs in Browser+Photoshop+Adobe+BGMI sweat_smile(Rarely)Quality Screen +ML (in future)Upgradibility

(I know COMPRISE to karna padega budget main nahi to laptop main stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes)

(P. S:- I will not be using all the software at the same time. 🌚 full_moon_with_face)

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply