Hot Deal Why use cred when DCB Elite gives 1.6% direct cashback

305°
674
5288
57

Now that cred reduced its benefits is there still some point in continue using it when DCB Elite acc gives flat 1.6% cashback anyway on all debit card transactions capped to 2k/month & 20k/financial year.

@indiansoul some reviews/suggestions for above.

P.S. also some recent threads raise some doubt over cred’s ability of keeping card info(mainly personal details,address,phone etc) secure.
@harshit0509 @akki4554 @saurabhsehdev

23 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
50
372
4

Bro now on CRED only benefit is for coins and not for scratch card and cred coins offers all have different opinion. And yes there is some issue with that Tatacliq coupon redemption CRED page as after that only my account is hacked. And main problem is that Tatacliq don’t have any specific department to handle problems like this , so they aren’t able to solve this but I have given the link of page and said to check it properly once.
I think @akki4554 @saurabhsehdev also faced problem in Tatacliq account after using that website , I am requesting them to share their registered email id of hacked accounts as tatacliq have asked it.
But CRED is safe for storing card details and paying bill , no problem there. So you can continue using it , no security issue there.

16
2545
33

You are asking whether to use credit card at all? Using credit card will give you extra benefits. It’s upto you how you repay the bill. Credit cards were in existence even before cred and will continue to exist even after cred.

674
5288
57
sardasa wrote:

You are asking whether to use credit card at all? Using credit card will give you extra benefits. It’s upto you how you repay the bill. Credit cards were in existence even before cred and will continue to exist even after cred.

No I meant only for paying credit card bill.

16
2545
33
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

No I meant only for paying credit card bill.

How will you pay credit card bill using DCB debit card?

106
1956
18

Pay via mobikwik for now it supports dc.

468
1505
15

As @sardasa mentioned, cred is only a medium for paying the credit card bill, it does not have any link or special offer for DCB Elite account holder. We can use any service (Cred, PayTM or Mobikwik) to use our DC for making payment that suits individual however cred does offer additional value to everyone over others. My suggestion/preference for paying bills will be as below:

Bill < 10k – Cred (we get kill Bill scratch card upto 5 times)

Bill < 80k – Mobikwik (no restriction on Amount)

Bill > 80k – Cred (over payment to pay 1L but will get cred coins to burn and max use of DCB cashback)

PayTM to be kept as a back up option.

674
5288
57

How reliable is cred payment realisation compared to mobikwik & paytm because if someone’s bill payment is realised even a day late past due date then interest penalty will be there & seeing how cred reduced its benefits(people say now they get usually 15-20 in scratch cards) it may not be worth taking chance.

50
20
0

i am only getting 5-15 maximum nowdays in kill bill

25
64
3

Is there any way remain by which I can pay 1 credit card bill by another credit card pls help urgently needed

468
1505
15
guest_999 wrote:

How reliable is cred payment realisation compared to mobikwik & paytm because if someone’s bill payment is realised even a day late past due date then interest penalty will be there & seeing how cred reduced its benefits(people say now they get usually 15-20 in scratch cards) it may not be worth taking chance.

Cred is very reliable .. have been using for over a year and all credits happened on time.
I would still suggest to keep some buffer and don’t wait for last 2-3 days for making payment

468
1505
15
kinghakcer wrote:

Is there any way remain by which I can pay 1 credit card bill by another credit card pls help urgently needed

Its called balance transfer and that will cost you..

674
5288
57
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

Cred is very reliable .. have been using for over a year and all credits happened on time.
I would still suggest to keep some buffer and don’t wait for last 2-3 days for making payment

Is it possible to make advance payments before the statement generation date when paying via cred? Also many users reporting cred removed debit card payment option & not taking any chances with older apk,is cred still a long term solution for paying cc bills now.

181
4797
139
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Is it possible to make advance payments before the statement generation date when paying via cred?

Sure, why not. I do that all the time… via CRED, Mobikwik, ICICI Visa credit card payment option.

You can buy 1000 rs product from credit card and pay 1000 rs right after… there will be 0 bill amount. It specially works better for people who has lower credit limit on card. Pay early and keep using the card.

122
395
11

Any known benefits for members who are non dbs bank/cars holder? Kindly enlighten to maximize benefits for paying cc bill, thanks in advance smile

674
5288
57
dipikameghani739 wrote:

Any known benefits for members who are non dbs bank/cars holder? Kindly enlighten to maximize benefits for paying cc bill, thanks in advance smile

You mean dcb bank,right? Nothing better than using dcb elite debit card to pay via mobikwik as cred removed debit card payment option for cc bills recently.

122
395
11
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

You mean dcb bank,right? Nothing better than using dcb elite debit card to pay via mobikwik as cred removed debit card payment option for cc bills recently.

Ohk…have hdfc so any info about that?
I mean u earn by reward points is what u mean for transactions on cc payment via mobikwik ?

674
5288
57
Expand
dipikameghani739 wrote:

Ohk…have hdfc so any info about that?
I mean u earn by reward points is what u mean for transactions on cc payment via mobikwik ?

DCB bank elite acc debit card gives flat 1.6% cashback(max 2k in a month,20k in a year) on all debit card transactions(online & offline) & this cashback is directly credited to your elite savings acc. Mobikwik is just a medium to pay credit card bill using debit card as currently only mobikwik & paytm supports debit card for credit card bill payment & mobikwik at least gives some points/rewards(still not much though) compared to paytm which practically gives nothing.

55
1272
8

but there is no benefit in mobikwik or paytm credit card payments . No super coins for credit card bill payments . Except DCB card , normally most debit cards give 0.25 paisa per 200 rs spent . For 10k credit card Bill , you will get 12.5 rs only . Even you debit card gives 25 paisa per 100 rs spent. You will get max 25rs in terms of voucher redemption . But if we pay 10k through cred by UPI or netbanking then we can easily get that 25 rs in 5 scratch cards ( most probably) . Also it’s instant credits to cc account unlike mobikwik . DCB and Axis debit cards give ax benefits as of now .

55
1272
8
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

DCB bank elite acc debit card gives flat 1.6% cashback(max 2k in a month,20k in a year) on all debit card transactions(online & offline) & this cashback is directly credited to your elite savings acc. Mobikwik is just a medium to pay credit card bill using debit card as currently only mobikwik & paytm supports debit card for credit card bill payment & mobikwik at least gives some points/rewards(still not much though) compared to paytm which practically gives nothing.

Mobikwik does not give supercoins for all credit card bills payment , may be supercoins for first credit card bill payment only .

6
6726
90
harshit0509 wrote:

Bro now on CRED only benefit is for coins and not for scratch card and cred coins offers all have different opinion. And yes there is some issue with that Tatacliq coupon redemption CRED page as after that only my account is hacked. And main problem is that Tatacliq don’t have any specific department to handle problems like this , so they aren’t able to solve this but I have given the link of page and said to check it properly once.
I think @akki4554 @saurabhsehdev also faced problem in Tatacliq account after using that website , I am requesting them to share their registered email id of hacked accounts as tatacliq have asked it.
But CRED is safe for storing card details and paying bill , no problem there. So you can continue using it , no security issue there.

I have also used tatacliq coupon, how you got hacked ?

122
395
11
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

DCB bank elite acc debit card gives flat 1.6% cashback(max 2k in a month,20k in a year) on all debit card transactions(online & offline) & this cashback is directly credited to your elite savings acc. Mobikwik is just a medium to pay credit card bill using debit card as currently only mobikwik & paytm supports debit card for credit card bill payment & mobikwik at least gives some points/rewards(still not much though) compared to paytm which practically gives nothing.

Agreed, will try n check for hdfc.

or

If any dimer knows some hidden way then
Do share wink

50
20
0

If your bill is more than 1 lac then debit card option is available in CRED.
Try paying for 1 lac 1 rs and debit card option will be visible.

65
328
5
ZitOO wrote:

but there is no benefit in mobikwik or paytm credit card payments . No super coins for credit card bill payments . Except DCB card , normally most debit cards give 0.25 paisa per 200 rs spent . For 10k credit card Bill , you will get 12.5 rs only . Even you debit card gives 25 paisa per 100 rs spent. You will get max 25rs in terms of voucher redemption . But if we pay 10k through cred by UPI or netbanking then we can easily get that 25 rs in 5 scratch cards ( most probably) . Also it’s instant credits to cc account unlike mobikwik . DCB and Axis debit cards give ax benefits as of now .

Is indusind debit card still gives reward for cred usage?

Missing