Will 5G network work on 4G sim cards?

72°
Deal Subedar
teriab33

Does anyone know if we have to change the current sim card to work with 5G?

13 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

BSNL use kro
3g only
services for 5 days per week

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
PVNK wrote:

BSNL use kro
3g only
services for 5 days per week

Bad experience with BSNL recently, this is regarding their landline section.

Whenever you call their national customer helpline number to book a complaint, the operator answers the call and later pretends to not hear you.

They either keep pressing the buttons on their phone to create that keypad tone sound and disrupt your conversation or otherwise they ask you for your phone number and when you start saying the numbers they pretend as if they cannot hear you and asks you to keep repeating it until you lose patience.

Not sure why the BSNL employees behave this way, the same establishment that feeds them and their children they are trying to destroy from inside. Really SAD state of things inside BSNL.

Wingman Wingman
Link Copied

5g will be provided with 5g SIM cards and will work on only 5g supported phone. Hope this helps.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
amdoinggood123 wrote:

5g will be provided with 5g SIM cards and will work on only 5g supported phone. Hope this helps.

Thanks. It seems like, we might have to queue up again to collect our 5G sim cards, hope they can make the 5G sims upward compatible, so it will be easier when the 6G network gets rolled out.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
teriab33 wrote:

Thanks. It seems like, we might have to queue up again to collect our 5G sim cards, hope they can make the 5G sims upward compatible, so it will be easier when the 6G network gets rolled out.

6G already joy

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
teriab33 wrote:

Thanks. It seems like, we might have to queue up again to collect our 5G sim cards, hope they can make the 5G sims upward compatible, so it will be easier when the 6G network gets rolled out.

I hope you are joking rolleyes

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

If you have new SIM cards(last few years)…most likely it will just work fine for 5G…new SIM card not required…
But don’t expect 5G before 2023.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Sudarshan61 wrote:

If you have new SIM cards(last few years)…most likely it will just work fine for 5G…new SIM card not required…
But don’t expect 5G before 2023.

Government is finally doing auctions after 4 years in a few months.

All this time they were protecting Airtel and Vodafone.

So, JIO will definitely start 5G in metros by 2022.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

Government is finally doing auctions after 4 years in a few months.

All this time they were protecting Airtel and Vodafone.

So, JIO will definitely start 5G in metros by 2022.

Bro….check the frequency they are auctioning…those are not ment for indian 5G..
Unless Jio thinks otherwise and start 5G on 700 or may be 2500 frequency…no chance we have 5G before 2023

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
teriab33 wrote:

Bad experience with BSNL recently, this is regarding their landline section.

Whenever you call their national customer helpline number to book a complaint, the operator answers the call and later pretends to not hear you.

They either keep pressing the buttons on their phone to create that keypad tone sound and disrupt your conversation or otherwise they ask you for your phone number and when you start saying the numbers they pretend as if they cannot hear you and asks you to keep repeating it until you lose patience.

Not sure why the BSNL employees behave this way, the same establishment that feeds them and their children they are trying to destroy from inside. Really SAD state of things inside BSNL.

I have been booking landline complaints on 198 effortlessly for the last 15-20 years. You can try that as well, its a completely automated IVR system.

Missing