will upcoming LIC IPO will be hit or flop ? why and why not

276°
Delhi Capitals
demerius2020

will upcoming LIC IPO will be hit or flop ? why and why not

Expiring In 4 days
29 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

why?

lets answer that after it is hit or flop

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

what do you mean by hit?  short term or long term horizon…..?

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Wait till 9th. The figures shall decide everything.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Category No.of Shares Offered/reserved at No.of shares bid for No.of Times Subscribed
Lower Band Upper Band Lower Band Upper Band
Qualified Institutional Buyers(QIBs)* 395,31,236 395,31,236 6,585 0.00 0.00
Non Institutional Investors 296,48,427 296,48,427 25,06,200 0.08 0.08
Retail Individual Investors(RIIs) 691,79,663 691,79,663 268,34,670 0.39 0.39
Employee Reservation 15,81,249 15,81,249 10,21,215 0.65 0.65
Policyholder 221,37,492 221,37,492 153,13,770 0.69 0.69
Total 1620,78,067 1620,78,067 456,82,440 0.28 0.28

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Category No.of Shares Offered/reserved at No.of shares bid for No.of Times Subscribed
Lower Band Upper Band Lower Band Upper Band
Qualified Institutional Buyers(QIBs)* 395,31,236 395,31,236 6,585 0.00 0.00
Non Institutional Investors 296,48,427 296,48,427 25,06,200 0.08 0.08
Retail Individual Investors(RIIs) 691,79,663 691,79,663 268,34,670 0.39 0.39
Employee Reservation 15,81,249 15,81,249 10,21,215 0.65 0.65
Policyholder 221,37,492 221,37,492 153,13,770 0.69 0.69
Total 1620,78,067 1620,78,067 456,82,440 0.28 0.28

So far so good….

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Seedhe shabdo m batao apply karna h ya nahi grin

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
christiano wrote:

Seedhe shabdo m batao apply karna h ya nahi grin

Basis my personal opinion, I am not applying due to below listed reasons:
1) Fundamentals of the firm (LIC) are weak. As on 2022, who opts to buy a LIC policy, these are vintage schemes 
2) Global market conditions (economic as well as political) are not stable
3) Foreign investors are heavily taking out their investments from Indian market

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
rocker123 wrote:

Basis my personal opinion, I am not applying due to below listed reasons:
1) Fundamentals of the firm (LIC) are weak. As on 2022, who opts to buy a LIC policy, these are vintage schemes 
2) Global market conditions (economic as well as political) are not stable
3) Foreign investors are heavily taking out their investments from Indian market

These are the same reasons why i wont hold it for a long time. But any chance of listing gains?

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
rocker123 wrote:

Basis my personal opinion, I am not applying due to below listed reasons:
1) Fundamentals of the firm (LIC) are weak. As on 2022, who opts to buy a LIC policy, these are vintage schemes 

Life Insurance Corp of India (LIC) sold 2.17 crore insurance policies in fiscal 2021-22, up from 2.10 crore the previous year, a growth of 3.54%. Its total premium increased 12.66% to Rs 1.43 lakh crore in March 2022 from Rs 1.27 lakh crore a year ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economictimes.co...

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied



rbi be like : lic ko jitne nehi dega mai stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Wait till 9th. The figures shall decide everything.

Today is 9th, what should be best ipo strategy for LIC

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Following

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
dhinchakrohit wrote:

Today is 9th, what should be best ipo strategy for LIC

Subscription nos are still weak. Few more nos to for the final run. GMP is also very bad. It may fall on day 1 for 1st few hours so that weak hand sell off and run away seeing the downfall and may again rise and close in green.


They might have a plan to purchase everything in open market itself so you never know so. It should be atleast 50x then only i’ll apply for this one but that won’t be possible in this case i suppose.


@malikcool;

@bikidas2060

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Subscription nos are still weak. Few more nos to for the final run. GMP is also very bad. It may fall on day 1 for 1st few hours so that weak hand sell off and run away seeing the downfall and may again rise and close in green.

They might have a plan to purchase everything in open market itself so you never know so. It should be atleast 50x then only i’ll apply for this one but that won’t be possible in this case i suppose.

@malikcool @ bikidas3060

@bikidas2060 bikidas la 3060 var pochavla saheb tumhi smile

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
dhinchakrohit wrote:

@bikidas2060 bikidas la 3060 var pochavla saheb tumhi smile

Ghai me unko vikasit krdia….
PS – Paise pade hai to daldo idar logo ne 14 lots apply krraka hai…risk k bina kuch b ni mkt me…

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Subscription nos are still weak. Few more nos to for the final run. GMP is also very bad. It may fall on day 1 for 1st few hours so that weak hand sell off and run away seeing the downfall and may again rise and close in green.


They might have a plan to purchase everything in open market itself so you never know so. It should be atleast 50x then only i’ll apply for this one but that won’t be possible in this case i suppose.


@malikcool;

@bikidas2060

I am skipping it. By the way large IPO’s don’t get over subscribed. Here 50x means 11 lakh 50 thousand crores rs.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
malikcool wrote:

I am skipping it. By the way large IPO’s don’t get over subscribed. Here 50x means 11 lakh 50 thousand crores rs.

What about their strategy on Day 1?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

It will be hit..

Thanks to brainless policy holders of LIC ..Policy bhi lege and IPO mai paisa bhi dalege …ajeeb payar hai LIC se

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

What about their strategy on Day 1?

Not sure bhai.

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied

I am not applying ….

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

Flop

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
shriAyodhya wrote:

Flop

Largest ever IPO subscribed close to 3 times..
Even if listed at IPO price it will become 5th Largest company by market cap in India…. it not a flop my any means…Govt was selling its stake which they succeded 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

Largest ever IPO subscribed close to 3 times..
Even if listed at IPO price it will become 5th Largest company by market cap in India…. it not a flop my any means…Govt was selling its stake which they succeded 

That’s only because Policy holders subscribed 6x times and employees subscribed 4.3x times. But if you look at the Retail,QIB,NII It is close to 2x-2.3×. Not a great response for LIC like PSU.

I don’t know what do you mean by succeeded, Govt is only selling 3.5% stock as compared to 5% , it was bound to be sold at face value. (Obviously government had to open its bank branch in Saturday,Sunday also, otherwise over subscribing would not have gone to even current value).

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
bhopali91355 wrote:

That’s only because Policy holders subscribed 6x times and employees subscribed 4.3x times. But if you look at the Retail,QIB,NII It is close to 2x-2.3×. Not a great response for LIC like PSU.

I don’t know what do you mean by succeeded, Govt is only selling 3.5% stock as compared to 5% , it was bound to be sold at face value. (Obviously government had to open its bank branch in Saturday,Sunday also, otherwise over subscribing would not have gone to even current value).

does not matter if it was 5% or 3.5% X times or Y times, who has put the money .

i am just saying success criteria for IPO. 100% subscription is success. Govt gets the money what they wanted.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

LIC IPO oversubscribed

LIC’s IPO was subscribed 2.95 times as of 6:33 PM on final day of subscription. The subscription remained open till 7 PM. Here are the bidding highlights:

Retail investors: 1.99 times the reserved portion
Non-Institutional Investors: 2.91 times the reserved portion
Qualified Institutional Buyers: 2.83 times the reserved portion
Employees: 4.39 times the reserved portion
Policyholders: ​​6.11 times the reserved portion

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Siddhartha07 wrote:

LIC IPO oversubscribed

LIC’s IPO was subscribed 2.95 times as of 6:33 PM on final day of subscription. The subscription remained open till 7 PM. Here are the bidding highlights:

Retail investors: 1.99 times the reserved portion
Non-Institutional Investors: 2.91 times the reserved portion
Qualified Institutional Buyers: 2.83 times the reserved portion
Employees: 4.39 times the reserved portion
Policyholders: ​​6.11 times the reserved portion

Current GMP is around 5 rs ..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
popeyemask wrote:

Current GMP is around 5 rs ..

It’s GMP is -10 it will list in discount i think now. Hopefully i didn’t invest in it seeing the low subscription figures

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
popeyemask wrote:

Current GMP is around 5 rs ..

GMP is based on the non-discounted issue price. Individual investors already got 45/60 discount while applying, so there is still some margin.

Also everyone who applied through retail quota, will get the allotment.

@jeff_bezos_amazon_owner

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
7H4NO5 wrote:

GMP is based on the non-discounted issue price. Individual investors already got 45/60 discount while applying, so there is still some margin.

Also everyone who applied through retail quota, will get the allotment.

@jeff_bezos_amazon_owner

Only on listing day everything will become clear nothing can be said as of now

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply