Wrong home branch showing in newly opened HDFC Bank account

52°
Deal Newbie
mohitchauras...

today i had opened HDFC Bank savings max account online. After filling basic details, aadhar authentication i got the option to select home branch (i live in Kanpur UP ). I selected the nearest one to me and then received the vkyc link. Vkyc was done successfully. I got the bank account no. and ifsc code. Then when i proceeded to fund my account in mobile banking app under profiles it was showing my home branch different to what i had selected. I googled and found out home branch showing was of Maharashtra. I was shocked how could it be possible since it wasn't even in available options to select. I called the customer care but as excepted they asked me to contact nearest branch. I had the no. of RM of branch which i had selected in my form. He told me that by default it shows home branch of place from where your vkyc was done by bank but once kyc gets updated it will correctly reflect the selected branch. Should i trust him since he told me with in a day or two it would be updated or he is lying

Screenshot20240310-1914452

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
6 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

It will be updated later. No need to worry.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

normal thing, when you open new bank account, it shows their centralised branch, after 1-2 days it will start showing your home branch.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

even if it doesn't change. you can change it yourself once your account is active https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/resources/way...

Flame Flame
Link Copied

Don't worry. It happens every time. It will be updated within 5 days. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Anyways.. they give anywhere banking. so can visit any branch for any service if anything required.

I am banking with ICICI 15 yrs+ but hardly visited (2 or 3 times) to branch.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Any benefit of this  savings Max account?

replyuser
Click here to reply