Hotness Airtel pays Rs 10,000 crore to govt towards sta...

Hot Deal Airtel pays Rs 10,000 crore to govt towards statutory dues

489°
Missing
Shopping Friend
Airtel pays Rs 10,000 crore to govt towards statutory dues

Airtel pays Rs 10,000 crore to govt towards statutory dues

With the government coming down heavily on telcos after the Supreme Court’s rap, Bharti Airtel on Monday said it has paid Rs 10,000 crore to the telecom department towards statutory dues. The company said it will make the payment of the balance amount after a self-assessment exercise.

“The…amount of Rs 10,000 crore has been paid on behalf of Bharti Airtel, Bharti Hexacom, and Telenor,” the Sunil Mittal-led company said in a statement. As much as Rs 9,500 crore has been paid on behalf of Bharti Airtel (including Telenor India which merged with the company), and another Rs 500 crore for Bharti Hexacom.

As per the government’s assessment, Airtel owes nearly Rs 35,586 crore in statutory dues, including licence fee and spectrum usage charge.

After facing the ire of the Supreme Court for putting on hold recovery of dues from telecom companies, the telecom department on February 14 began issuing orders asking firms such as Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea to clear past dues immediately. — PTI

https://news.rediff.com/commentary/2020/feb/17/...

79 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
Missing
Entertainer

Ameer to hai Bharti Mittal… smile … Per Bhartiya hai jo danda kha kar hi manta hai… wink toungueout

Missing
Critic

I wish Airtel goes bankrupt after paying all dues…
…and Voda-Idea before paying any dues

Missing
Deal Subedar
cocay wrote:

But then we will only have jio o.O

Missing
Deal Subedar

@desiman This is the reason why airtel didn’t fall today…
i read this earlier…
glenmark was in news and ppl bashed it up badly sad

Missing
Critic
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

But when we only have jio o.O

Don’t worry.
Someone else will enter the market then…

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
cocay wrote:

Don’t worry.

Haha now we don’t need anyone..
Enough of this telecom game rolleyes

Missing
Deal Lieutenant

JioAirtel

(not reliance jio re)

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
DealLooter wrote:

No..they got the loophole & run the cases for another 2-3 years..

Here it is

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/t...

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/605609/medium/65155721.jpg?1581928741

Itna bhi pay na karenge ye, nahi to ab tak kar na diya hota. 2-2 govt ke saath khel gaye ab dande padne ki naubat aayi to aankh dikha rahe hain.
Abhi latka ke rakhenge ki sarkar badal jaaye to phir mauj nahi to phir yahi circle of aadha adhura payment

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

But when we only have jio o.O

Bsnl will come back for sure. A much needed danda bsnl got already. Seen the change in attitude and service of bsnl personally after the news that they are being sold and closed. Now somewhat improved service and attitude.

Missing
Tech Guru
cocay wrote:

Then definitely you must be a joyful Jio user.

Missing
Critic
Expand
mastervijay wrote:

Then definitely you must be a joyful Jio user.

It’s not about me enjoying Jio or something else.
People or organizations who suck others’ money and blood must go bankrupt.

Missing
Critic

Currently Airtel has better speed and services than Jio. And for some of us, it’s even cheaper. plus1

Missing
Tech Guru
Expand
cocay wrote:

Yes definitely.. but both airtel and Voda-idea has large number of employees and subscribers. Think about them as well.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
mastervijay wrote:

Yes definitely.. but both airtel and Voda-idea has large number of employees and subscribers. Think about them as well.

Idea chat support service closed? confused

Missing
Tech Guru
Expand
Imharsh wrote:

Idea chat support service closed? confused

Not working right now.. pensive need to check later !

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
mastervijay wrote:

Not working right now.. pensive need to check later !

i think closed and replaced by bot chat

Missing
Tech Guru
Expand
Imharsh wrote:

i think closed and replaced by bot chat

Not sure, but it was already happened for me 6 months back and later got resumed within a week. Lets wait for a while. Else you can confirm by mail to them at [email protected] vodafoneidea.com

Missing
Critic
cocay wrote:

and then Jio will royally screw everyone

Missing
Critic
Expand
cocay wrote:

Don’t worry.

after to so called 2G scam that never really was a scam and now this AGR, no new foreign player will enter Indian telecom
Adani may enter but they will also loot the consumers only.

Missing
Shopping Friend

Idea 4G internet in Mumbai – does it work better than JIO / airtel

Missing
Critic
Expand
Alexios wrote:

Itna bhi pay na karenge ye, nahi to ab tak kar na diya hota. 2-2 govt ke saath khel gaye ab dande padne ki naubat aayi to aankh dikha rahe hain.
Abhi latka ke rakhenge ki sarkar badal jaaye to phir mauj nahi to phir yahi circle of aadha adhura payment

the real impact of the SC ruling is on non-telecom PSUs. The demand on PSUs like Power Grid and others is 5 times the total demand on telcos.

Missing
Critic
Expand
Alexios wrote:

Bsnl will come back for sure. A much needed danda bsnl got already. Seen the change in attitude and service of bsnl personally after the news that they are being sold and closed. Now somewhat improved service and attitude.

BSNL will come back, as Adani-BSNL

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

BSNL will come back, as Adani-BSNL

That we will see not possible though.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

the real impact of the SC ruling is on non-telecom PSUs. The demand on PSUs like Power Grid and others is 5 times the total demand on telcos.

For this also they have seek clarity on SC ruling and the matter is in SC, even oil minister doesn’t believe in the order. So lets wait and see what will be the outcome.

Missing
Critic
Expand
cocay wrote:

Just to clarify,company going bankrupt doesn’t mean company promoters will go bankrupt unless they have pledged their personal assets as collateral against company loans. If airtel goes bankrupt tomorrow then sunil mittal will still be a billionaire minus the value of airtel shares he holds.

Missing
Entertainer

Ismese adha pesa to mere hi account ka hoga. Illegitimate VAS ka activation krke😠😠😠
But still bad if voda idea and airtel vanishes. Can’t cope with 10kb speed of jio and 50 rupee hike per year or less

Missing