Amazon- Inflated MRP

Amazon- Inflated MRP

147°
Myavatar
Deal Subedar
113
2315
45

Hi!

I purchased a Citizen watch from Amazon for 7.3k but on receipt, found that the MRP is only 6.2k. Tried contacting their customer care but she was not helpful. She said it is beyond her scope and that she will escalate to higher officials.

Also, the watch box was without any seal, how do i go about checking its warranty?

Any suggestion on how to proceed?

31 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
2
950
21

How much you paid in total excluding cashback or bank offers?

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
204
847
8

Same case is with Flipkart .

These companies not only get Mrp printed according to there wish from brands but also charge above mrp in many products without customers prior knowledge as your case is.
Go thru reviews of varied products on amazon and flipkart you will find many such cases.
Still people are insanely mad shopping from them.

Images
Deal Newbie
50
50
1
Common-man wrote:

Same case is with Flipkart .

These companies not only get Mrp printed according to there wish from brands but also charge above mrp in many products without customers prior knowledge as your case is.
Go thru reviews of varied products on amazon and flipkart you will find many such cases.
Still people are insanely mad shopping from them.

bcoz nowadays no people like to visit shops, chat face to face and bargain… thats why many of them dont know actual real prices of some items which are actually cheaper in our local shops!
many fk and az discounts are hilarious! laughing
a few are genuine though! plus1

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
266
2
Common-man wrote:

Same case is with Flipkart .

These companies not only get Mrp printed according to there wish from brands but also charge above mrp in many products without customers prior knowledge as your case is.
Go thru reviews of varied products on amazon and flipkart you will find many such cases.
Still people are insanely mad shopping from them.

We should give utmost respect to those insane people who buy products at insane price.
If they don’t buy, how will az and fk make money and offer more discount and cashback to our dimers?

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
204
847
8
Expand
ramadesidime wrote:

We should give utmost respect to those insane people who buy products at insane price.
If they don’t buy, how will az and fk make money and offer more discount and cashback to our dimers?

sweat_smile sweat_smile sweat_smile

That’s true to some extent.

But point to remember , such things doesn’t last long and a situation is bound to come , on one side Devil and other side Deep sea.
No option left just will have to give to thier demands.

18157365 1092022577569460 9015892503473472591 n
Deal Subedar
122
1085
19

😲😲ask for refund of price difference. Post the pics. Email them. Best if possible return the item

Myavatar
Deal Subedar
113
2315
45

Thanks for the replies guys.

Have mailed them as I don’t want to call and waste my time being on line for 30+ minutes. And that was the suggestion of CC as well. Will update once i reach resolution.

My demand is just the MRP difference.

Myavatar
Deal Subedar
113
2315
45
Sunasuna wrote:

How much you paid in total excluding cashback or bank offers?

What I paid is irrelevant as all the above offers should be on MRP not the inflated one.

I paid 7.2k with 10% SBI off & 750 cashback for purchase of Home Essentials (?).. Not sure what it was but i got 750 CB.

Myavatar
Deal Subedar
113
2315
45
Expand
dblueknight wrote:

bcoz nowadays no people like to visit shops, chat face to face and bargain… thats why many of them dont know actual real prices of some items which are actually cheaper in our local shops!
many fk and az discounts are hilarious! laughing
a few are genuine though! plus1

Actually that is true for me. I hate it when salesperson is meandering around when am out for shopping and I find it best to shop online.

Another thing is EMI option that we have online and finally, I stay in Tier 2 town and cant find majority of shops in my town.

Missing
Deal Subedar
6
1678
11

Thats the overall fact of ecommerce business………
UPTO 80% Discount
UPTO 90% Discount
.
.

no surprise if they even come up with an offer with 110% discount (90% upfront discount and balance to cashback after 100 months)

Several products online are non mrp products and they just play with %

Missing
Deal Cadet
2
950
21
Expand
cashif wrote:

What I paid is irrelevant as all the above offers should be on MRP not the inflated one.

I paid 7.2k with 10% SBI off & 750 cashback for purchase of Home Essentials (?).. Not sure what it was but i got 750 CB.

If you paid Rs.7.2k and MRP mentioned on box is Rs.6.2k then should get Rs.1000 back, as seller can not sell any product above MRP. but till if you doubt whether it’s original or not, file return request.

Missing
Deal Cadet
85
198
6

Mail them with pic’s
Amazon will add the difference amount as Amazon pay balance

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2825
37

for most of the items, I prefer to first visit a physical outlet, have a look and feel of the goods, check its price, then come back and buy online if I get a good deal.
but then, I am a middle aged family-man nearly half a century old.

18157365 1092022577569460 9015892503473472591 n
Deal Subedar
122
1085
19
panchabhut wrote:

for most of the items, I prefer to first visit a physical outlet, have a look and feel of the goods, check its price, then come back and buy online if I get a good deal.
but then, I am a middle aged family-man nearly half a century old.

@Budhe babaji ese kiya kro abse.

Missing
Deal Cadet
102
745
15
ASH13 wrote:

Mail them with pic’s
Amazon will add the difference amount as Amazon pay balance

i don’t think Amazon will do anything. Same happened with me 1-2 year back. I complained to Amazon. Executive told me that you paid less than Real MRP due to discount, you are not eligible for any refund.

Dont waste my time
Deal Subedar
47
1436
33

They are taking advantage of the dumb youth era simple as that. Mostly kids buy stuffs from this so called sales, who don’t have any idea about how much could a product cost in local market. So they fall under the false impression that amazon/Flipkart must be giving good discounts as they notice the discounted percentile only, not the inflated MRP. I noticed this on so many items in this sale, started even taking screenshots up to a point but then thought meh…

This is what happens when practical knowledge becomes less and less and you have to hit google even for the simplest of stuffs. I weep for humanity down the line.

Myavatar
Deal Subedar
113
2315
45
ithehappy wrote:

They are taking advantage of the dumb youth era simple as that. Mostly kids buy stuffs from this so called sales, who don’t have any idea about how much could a product cost in local market. So they fall under the false impression that amazon/Flipkart must be giving good discounts as they notice the discounted percentile only, not the inflated MRP. I noticed this on so many items in this sale, started even taking screenshots up to a point but then thought meh…

This is what happens when practical knowledge becomes less and less and you have to hit google even for the simplest of stuffs. I weep for humanity down the line.

The sad thing is I was kinda aware of the price of the watch. I had checked the price at store last month and had it in my cart for the sale, but in different colour. While checking out, I just browsed thru the watches and found this watch, with 1.5k extra and I thought it was for the colour!

The original watch was 6.3k MRP in store and 5.8k in Amazon with discount (+ other offers). I thought I was paying premium for the colour and hence the reason I checked the price after receiving the watch. I honestly have never checked MRP of any product that I buy online.

Edit- Update: They have mailed me back to return the item but I again mailed them stating it is a gift to my dad (Which is True) and I just want the price difference back.

Missing
Deal Cadet
85
198
6
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

i don’t think Amazon will do anything. Same happened with me 1-2 year back. I complained to Amazon. Executive told me that you paid less than Real MRP due to discount, you are not eligible for any refund.

Ordered pillow during GIF sale worth ₹2500 but the MRP  on product  ₹2308
After complaint , Amazon added 192 as Amazon pay within 12hrshttps://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/589358/original/Screenshot_2019-10-06-09-12-39-235_com.google.android.gm.png?1570333569



Cropped898413449297503690
Deal Cadet
83
144
2
Expand
ASH13 wrote:

Ordered pillow during GIF sale worth ₹2500 but the MRP  on product  ₹2308
After complaint , Amazon added 192 as Amazon pay within 12hrshttps://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/589358/original/Screenshot_2019-10-06-09-12-39-235_com.google.android.gm.png?1570333569



Still it is too costly as you bought on mrp.. i dont trust mrp as 1000 of products always have 80% diacout on mrp..

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20

This is why I don’t buy 90% of the stuff online without knowing its true value offline.
Had went to the mall last weekend and LG fridges of the same models were selling at a lower price than online sale days prices.
Friend was shocked at the prices.

Last month another friend wanted to buy a Sony TV online. I advised him to go to Croma stores or the mall or any branded showrooms to check out the prices first. He literally paid 12k less than online prices in store even on EMI.

Missing
Deal Cadet
102
745
15
Expand
ASH13 wrote:

Ordered pillow during GIF sale worth ₹2500 but the MRP  on product  ₹2308
After complaint , Amazon added 192 as Amazon pay within 12hrshttps://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/589358/original/Screenshot_2019-10-06-09-12-39-235_com.google.android.gm.png?1570333569



may be i got a bad executive

Myavatar
Deal Subedar
113
2315
45

So, finally got the difference amount smile

Amazon has refunded 495+496 into my Amazon Pay. Dunno the reason why they have split it but am happy. ’

Also, lesson learnt to always check MRP at least of the branded items.

Img 20180811 173854
Deal Lieutenant
194
4808
36
ithehappy wrote:

They are taking advantage of the dumb youth era simple as that. Mostly kids buy stuffs from this so called sales, who don’t have any idea about how much could a product cost in local market. So they fall under the false impression that amazon/Flipkart must be giving good discounts as they notice the discounted percentile only, not the inflated MRP. I noticed this on so many items in this sale, started even taking screenshots up to a point but then thought meh…

This is what happens when practical knowledge becomes less and less and you have to hit google even for the simplest of stuffs. I weep for humanity down the line.

Don’t dump the blame on youth. Most of the victims that fail to compare prices are the uncles and aunties at my job. My aunt and aunt in law are recent victims too.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1051
36
cashif wrote:

So, finally got the difference amount smile

Amazon has refunded 495+496 into my Amazon Pay. Dunno the reason why they have split it but am happy. ’

Also, lesson learnt to always check MRP at least of the branded items.

Good practice. I do it sometimes.

Img 20180811 173854
Deal Lieutenant
194
4808
36
cashif wrote:

So, finally got the difference amount smile

Amazon has refunded 495+496 into my Amazon Pay. Dunno the reason why they have split it but am happy. ’

Also, lesson learnt to always check MRP at least of the branded items.

wow you had a happy ending!
I hope my problems are resolved soon.
btw where did you keep on nagging them? same old cs reply email or something else?

Missing