Hotness Any app available for storing all password and ...

Hot Deal Any app available for storing all password and login username 100% safe and secure?

535°
Missing
Deal Subedar
Any app available for storing all password and login username 100% safe and secure?

Please tell.if anyone knows such. Privacy is important so. Don’t recommend thus app with security or data not safe. Thanks in advance

59 Comments  |  
32 Dimers
Missing
Deal Newbie

Better use Google docs with some hints instead of full password

Missing
Deal Cadet

I use bitwarden.

Missing
Deal Cadet

Y do you need an app better keep a diary

Missing
Deal Major

If you’re concerned about security..then don’t use any app to store passwords that has internet access
I have used couple (Like LastPass, 1Password, Blackberry Password manager) in the past but now i am completely offline relying on windows notepad smile

Missing
Deal Cadet
getready wrote:

If you’re concerned about security..then don’t use any app to store passwords that has internet access
I have used couple (Like LastPass, 1Password, Blackberry Password manager) in the past but now i am completely offline relying on windows notepad smile

But your windows is online dear,

Use diary

Missing
Deal Cadet
koolraj86 wrote:

Y do you need an app better keep a diary

Most safest

Missing
Deal Major
Expand
myfungang829 wrote:

But you windows is online dear,

Use diary

Windows is online
Not the Notepad..the app doesn’t share data or store it in a cloud smile

Missing
Deal Cadet

Can’t rely on any online services. Anything can be hacked anytime nowadays.
Also store bank credentials in your mind only. Never write anywhere.

Missing
Deal Subedar

I generally use an password protected excel to store all PW

Missing
Blogger
saravananbaskaran wrote:

I generally use an password protected excel to store all PW

steps please

Missing
Deal Major
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

steps please

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/611512/original/6595048JGfZOlb.jpg?1586196698

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

steps please

Not a complex one. Open the excel and save it first and set password for excel. (Google it how to setup password for Excel)

Give a column heading. Mine will start with Username, Password, email or, phone no, website  name and category of the website and finally comment column just to put.

Finally select password column and change the text color as white.  It’s just an additional layer of security. 

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

steps please

Yeah this is the good way i am keeping my all online amazon flipkart any type of gv store in protected excel file.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/611513/original/Screenshot_20200406-234328_Chrome.jpg?1586196861

Missing
Deal Cadet

Google keep

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
myfungang829 wrote:

But you windows is online dear,

Use diary

Diary…

U mean Diary in" Playstore"

Excel Password is available in Computer only right?

Missing
Deal Cadet

LASTPASS IS 100% SAFE I AM USING THIS SITE FROM LAST 8-9 YEARS

Missing
Blogger
darora222 wrote:

LASTPASS IS 100% SAFE I AM USING THIS SITE FROM LAST 8-9 YEARS

me from even earlier

but nowadays its problematic

Missing
Blogger
Expand
itzdreaming wrote:

Diary…

U mean Diary in" Playstore"

Excel Password is available in Computer only right?

physical diary possiblly one that fits in your shirt pocket

Missing
Deal Cadet

Just create a Notepad/Wordpad/Word File & save everything in there or create a G-Mail Draft & save in there…I also use Dropbox for saving my vital documents & files…The free basic version is sufficient & I can always have access to my data wherever I am because Dropbox has apps for Android & IOS so it syncs real time on all the connected devices…Dropbox is very safe too…If you just want to save your Passwords, a Notepad file is all you need…Also save in G-Mail draft so that you can access it when you are traveling or don’t have access to your computer…

For mobile, there are lots of free notepad applications available…

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

Lol Actually there is a  App Diary in Playstore I thought it was that .

Missing
Deal Subedar

Brain..! The best ever choice, I’ll give to choose is brain, no notebook pen, no carrying having load of risks. The one and only thing which can be hacked is one’s brain..

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

not good idea, mind is batter than diary…
use one password for all app and acount is safe than write or store any alse….

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
looter143 wrote:

Brain..! The best ever choice, I’ll give to choose is brain, no notebook pen, no carrying having load of risks. The one and only thing which can be hacked is one’s brain..

Hindi Translation….App me nahi Apne Aap me Store Kare stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye yum

Missing
Tech Guru

Interesting… so people think storing data in simple text format is safe. smirk

Well even the basic simple malwares would  would be able to find and search through these non encrypted . text simple text file in matter of seconds if you store them in default save location. Or in minutes in other locations. And even word files with little more time.

There are few smart yet user friendly approaches here:

1) Don’t save your exact password in that .TXT file. Change few character at the begining or end. Remember the changes.

2) encrypt that txt file into a password protected .RAR or .Zip file.

3) Use memorable Pass Phrases ( with Alpha numerical characters, upper lower case, special characters etc) rather than complicated passwords you would easily forget.

Example: " ImTotall-FunnDD1# “

Even dictionary attacks are useless to work against such password.

4) Always use Virtual Keyboards to type passwords not physical keyboard, to avoid keyloggers.
Windows has one  default virtual keyboard atleast since XP. Or in phones  better to use default  Google keyboard.

5) For Ultra sensitive passwords store as images file; as pictures or screenshot then change the  extention like JPEG to something else ( non image media like .TXT or .MP4 or . HTML etc. 

Change it back before opening. This is to hide it in plain sight. But you can encrypt this too for added security.

6) Never copy paste Ultra sensitive passwords like for NetBanking. Clipboard where such information is temporarily stored ( both in windows and Android… not sure about iOS) is not secure. That’s why some portals don’t allow copy pasting.

You can use this 5th trick with . TXT or . RAR files too.

Finally not every password is equally important. For those not so important ones you can use  password manager.

But NEVER Use same or even very similar passwords for multiple logins.

Someone mentioned physically writing on paper. Good idea. Doing that for years…  but hide it well wink

Missing
Deal Cadet

why can’t u use “password” like everyone else

Missing
Deal Major
Expand
pbhavin21061989130 wrote:

Missing
Deal Major
Expand
pbhavin21061989130 wrote:

Then this happens if you have good luck with misfortune
Never use the same password for multiple websites
https://ddime.i...Ur

Missing
Deal Newbie

Safeincloud app in play store paid app uses enrypted db backup on gdrive or Dropbox
Offline encryption if you forget your pass no way to reset

Missing
Deal Newbie

1password, it’s paid though, using it for over an year. Same account on mobile and laptop.

Missing