Anybody using custom recovery or rooted mobile ...

Anybody using custom recovery or rooted mobile / 3ca enabled

130°
Missing
Deal Subedar
80
2633
67

Guys speed these days went so low in jio that iam not even getting 50kbps in day time ,
So thought to enable 3CA in my Redmi note 7 pro.
Found on YouTube that it will need to unlock bootloader and root mobile but i doubt if i unlock bootloader and root my phone data will get erased , i have data on my phone which is very important..
Is there a way to take full android backup of phone with my current stock rom ( including gallery photos ,videos, whatsapp, Downloads ) so that after getting rooted i will just restore my full backup and phone will be back with same data and remain rooted.

15 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
Missing
Blogger
196
1925
54

go to XDA

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23023
280

Unlocking Bootloader wipes phone data (Unless there is a hack..Ref: Mi A1)
Also make sure you uncheck “Find my phone” before u wipe or remove your mi account (to avoid any further issues)

For backup..use MIUI internal backup n restore feature (If not the Apps+App data.. u can backup pictures n videos Edit: Local backup deosn’t do it anymore)
Transfer “MIUI” folder to your pc
For SMS backup – SMS Backup & Restore App
Whatsapp – transfer the “WhatsApp” folder from internal storage to PC and restore back again

Missing
Deal Subedar
80
2633
67
getready wrote:

Unlocking Bootloader wipes phone data (Unless there is a hack..Ref: Mi A1)
Also make sure you uncheck “Find my phone” before u wipe or remove your mi account (to avoid any further issues)

For backup..use MIUI internal backup n restore feature (If not the Apps+App data.. u can backup pictures n videos Edit: Local backup deosn’t do it anymore)
Transfer “MIUI” folder to your pc
For SMS backup – SMS Backup & Restore App
Whatsapp – transfer the “WhatsApp” folder from internal storage to PC and restore back again

Na yar.. its messy process , ye to pta h muje..
I need direct method like nandroid

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23023
280
Expand
hackerboys wrote:

Na yar.. its messy process , ye to pta h muje..
I need direct method like nandroid

Unless your phone is rooted right now
There is no other way!

Missing
Deal Cadet
52
421
6

How would 3ca increase the internet speed ?

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23023
280
amdoinggood123 wrote:

How would 3ca increase the internet speed ?

Combine all bands
(3+5+40 for Jio)

Missing
Blogger
196
1925
54
Expand
getready wrote:

Combine all bands
(3+5+40 for Jio)

not necessarily only in theory

Missing
Critic
175
841
13
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

not necessarily only in theory

Exactly,many things possible in theory don’t exactly work the same way in reality.

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23023
280
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

not necessarily only in theory

Not just theory
Different bands have different bandwidth and the network band is allocated based on how far you’re from the tower
You can test yourself..use a older phone (w/o carreir aggregation enabled) and newer ones with LTE+/LTE-A Enabled by default, the speed will be atleast 30% (w/ LTE+) compared to phones without LTE-A (using only Band 40 on Jio) but the main problem is LTE+ won’t be stable/available everywhere
Refer XDA for more accurate info

Missing
Critic
175
841
13
Expand
getready wrote:

Not just theory
Different bands have different bandwidth and the network band is allocated based on how far you’re from the tower
You can test yourself..use a older phone (w/o carreir aggregation enabled) and newer ones with LTE+/LTE-A Enabled by default, the speed will be atleast 30% (w/ LTE+) compared to phones without LTE-A (using only Band 40 on Jio) but the main problem is LTE+ won’t be stable/available everywhere
Refer XDA for more accurate info

Isn’t this the same as saying “try your luck & it may or may not work” because Indian mobile networks are not exactly known for their consistent performance(aka availability/stability of 4g/lte+).

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23023
280
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Isn’t this the same as saying “try your luck & it may or may not work” because Indian mobile networks are not exactly known for their consistent performance(aka availability/stability of 4g/lte+).

Not exactly
Its for those who are aware of the fact that LTE+ is stable in their location (where I used to live before had excellent LTE+ coverage but not where I live now)
Its for those static locations where you spend a lot of time per day (Home, office..) and not for travelling (Applies to many countries)

PS: TechParks have excellent LTE+ coverage (stability + speed wise)
Tested: ITPL, Bengaluru

More than this people use “Band locking” here to force Band 40 ( for faster download speeds) because when your location is too far from the cell tower ..your device will get automatically assigned Band 3/5

Missing
Analyst
101
6060
166
Expand
getready wrote:

Not exactly
Its for those who are aware of the fact that LTE+ is stable in their location (where I used to live before had excellent LTE+ coverage but not where I live now)
Its for those static locations where you spend a lot of time per day (Home, office..) and not for travelling (Applies to many countries)

PS: TechParks have excellent LTE+ coverage (stability + speed wise)
Tested: ITPL, Bengaluru

More than this people use “Band locking” here to force Band 40 ( for faster download speeds) because when your location is too far from the cell tower ..your device will get automatically assigned Band 3/5

Band locking doesn’t work in Airtel anymore after LTE+ was enabled. Tested in 2 Xiaomi devices. However in subsequent months speeds increased to a point that it wasn’t necessary any longer.

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23023
280
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Band locking doesn’t work in Airtel anymore after LTE+ was enabled. Tested in 2 Xiaomi devices. However in subsequent months speeds increased to a point that it wasn’t necessary any longer.

Its been a while since i used a data plan on my Airtel number but i guess around december or january..i started getting LTE+ signals on my phone (Poco F1) but can’t move to AIrtel as i always have 6 Jio plans in the queue confused

Missing
Deal Cadet
52
421
6

How to enable 3ca for any rooted mobile ??

Missing