anyone using TP Link W8968 ?

56°
Helpful
hackerboys

friends i have a doubt regarding this router that it shows various versions like v1, v2, v3, v4
latest seems v4 .

on amazon v4 is the latest version .

iam getting v2 or v3 version on olx in cheap price around 800 rs .

so shall i go for v2 / v3 version .

I mean what is the difference in all older v2 v3 versions ?
is there some kind of Wifi range issues or compatibility or latency issues …

People using older versions do comment here and plz guide me is this model best for Local Broadband ISP as well as BSNL/MTNL and USB dongle sharing ..

5 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

anyone ???

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

well.. i was a v3 user.. and after it was damaged due to lightning.. i got it replaced from their service centre..

well.. i was a v3 user.. and after it was damaged due to lightning.. i got it replaced from their service centre..and i got a v4 instead.. the only difference between v3 and v4 is that in v4 the antennas are not detachable…

well.. i was a v3 user.. and after it was damaged due to lightning.. i got it replaced from their service centre..and i got a v4 instead.. the only difference between v3 and v4 is that in v4 the antennas are not detachable…so better u buy a used one from olx

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

This router only supports Bsnl, mtnl, airtel, reliance, and Tata Docomo broadband.. It doesn’t support remaining broadband operators.. So if you going to use any of the above then it’s good else don’t buy.. For airtel broadband better to buy their modem only for good speed.

Local isp can’t support adsl so it’s waste if you want to use other broadband like act fibernet, spectra net and also every other local isp don’t support adsl.. Just buy normal Wan router if you are not going to use Bsnl /mtnl/reliance /docomo broadband..

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

TP Link W8968 = Modem + wifi router

AIrtel, BSNL need Modem + wifi router
Railwire, spectranet need just wifi router.

so this one have both, if you’re planned to use airtel, bsnl means, use both option, otherwise use just wifi router option in settings.

Offtopic:
this one have better coverage than N type wifi router, still prefer 11ac dual channel modem, as we’re going to stream lot in near future with amazon video and netflix.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/182282...40

as most of the mobile now support dual channel, (2.4 ghz and 5 Ghz).

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

We use V2 at office since 2013. So far, no issues.
It supports ADSL broadband like BSNL, Airtel etc, WAN based broadband (first port will be used for WAN input) and also USB 3G/4G wireless modems. USB works as failsafe with auto changeover when primary ADSL or WAN fails. We are using with BSNL ADSL + MTS USB.

replyuser
Click here to reply