Hot Deal

Banks, others may lose over Rs 90,000 crore as Videocon sinks

615°
Deal Major
desiman
Banks, others may lose over Rs 90,000 crore as Videocon sinks https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/b... flushed
81 Comments  |  
25 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Ilfs, Videocon and now jet too.. 😪😪

Critic Critic
Link Copied

demonitization is a gift that keeps on giving pensive

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
rolleyes thinking how it lead to Videocon sinking!

Strange! you don’t see Chanda ICICI scam behind this sinking.

View 4 more replies
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Aint is amazing that banks will crush someone who has a loan of like 25000 but they will bring you tea and biscuits if you have a loan of 25000 crores..

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Absolutely correct. plus1

View 17 more replies
Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Videocon is already recognized as NPA, from the last year itself

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

….videocon was the result of modi-ambani story….videocon n others who bought spectrums were crushed to spread jio….

….I really wish a slow death of jio n ambani empire just like anil ambani…these goons are a virus in the system….

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Come out of your sleep you illiterate. I think you were born in 2014 only. The spectrum case judgement was passed in 2010 when licenses of many companies were quashed because SC found that Govt Treasuries were taken for a ride by giving spectrum to these cos for 2001 prices. Was Modi ruling the country that time?

videocon n others who bought spectrums were crushed to spread jio…. Jio wasn’t there when Videocon got spectrum. How many towers they had after 6 yrs of operations? If you don’t have capability to survive in difficult times, you are bound to sink. Kab tak corrupt Congress ki help se flow karta Videocon. Congress gayi, Videocon gayi. You tell yourself. How many people were buying Videocon sims? Or Videocon mobiles or TVs. When people were not interested in buying Videocon products how Ambani can be blamed for that? Videocon started operations in 2008-09, Ambani came in 2016 (though spectrum was bought in 2010 only.)

At that time Airtel, Idea and Vodafone were only beneficiaries as all the cos like Uninor Videocon and Tata Docomo who were providing cheap services were hit and AVoId enjoyed it completely as they taken customers for a ride after this judgment. I still remember the evil smile on face of Sunil Bharti Mittal (Airtel Chief) and Vittaro Colao (Vodafone Chief).

So if Ambani has done anything it was with help of Congis and not Modi. Ambani kisi ka saga nahi hai. He knows Political Parties are like dogs who need to be biscuited to stop their barking.

Jio is flourishing because of big money they have and cheaper services. If they are crap why 30 crore people joined them. If common man is powerful then why you dont just give money to AVoId and not to Ambani?

Videocon’s Venugopal Dhoot played every cheap trick as Congress was helping them. He openly supported Congress only because Videocon’s corruption was on full fledge during that time. Koi doodh ka dhula nahi hai Videocon.

You dont have any knowledge of what happened in past and why companies like these are sinking and barking like you were there and Videocon was transparent. Thousands of people who worked with honesty are floating and blooming even in Modi era. So you cant blame political parties for sinking of everything. Videocon met their fate.

As far as BSNL is concerned, then if somebody has to be blamed for their sinking it is BSNL itself. I wrote a big para on that if you have time read it. smile BSNL was looted to core during 10 yrs of Congress. During 2002-2004, BSNL was King and Airtel use to cry. After Congress BSNL cried for spectrum. Even after given 3G spectrum 2 years before pvt companies, BSNL 3G was not present in most areas. Isse kehtey hai alngoor ko angoor de do toh bhi kya karega woh. 2 saal mein market nahi bani BSNL se.

When Ambani came there were only 12 million 4G handset in India and everybody told that Reliance will sink by becoming 4G only operator. 2300 MHz was considered a failure band yet he turned waste into gold. Vodafone chief said Indians are illiterate enough to use 4G and 3G will be there till 2025. Hawa ho gaya Voda-Idea bhi. wink

View 18 more replies
Link Copied

I dare you to say that again about BSNL freeloaders. Maybe you or your family members work in BSNL and that’s why you aren’t able to see their corruption. When BSNL treated their customer like shit at that time where were you buddy?
I went for a broadband connection and can’t describe horror I went through those days. I was chased out like a dog from 1 department to another and 1 person to another. Even I feel ashamed when talking about BSNL however you sure seem chummy with these corrupt.
Note: you don’t think customer will run from 1 person to another (and giving bribe to everyone in between) just to get Service he was promised to get for payment he is making. They made their customer life like hell and now karma hit back. They treated customers like shit and now getting back same treatment when most people left them for far better service which treat them good and they can have their dignity. Not like BSNL employees who treated them like beggar.

View 5 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I worked in videocon d2h headend and I found "waha par manager aur assistant manager bhi free ki salary lete hai main jis deparment main tha waha par manager 70,000 aur assistant manger 50,000 rs bina kam ke lete the " maine kitani baar ye unki ye sab story aage bhi batayi par sab bekar ease main videocon dubega nahi to kaya hoga smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

It’s private job where you screw the company not the company screwing you and you are getting great package.
Esi private job jisme aap subhah ye soch ke pareshan hote ho ki aaj ke ye 9 ghante kis tarah time pass kiya jayega na ki ye sochkar ki phir wahi 9 ghante mehnat karni padgi jaise ki dusari private job main hoti hai.

View 5 more replies
Link Copied

@desiman Banks were getting looted during 2004-2014. The only difference today is they are being reported. Before we were saying everything is alright by keeping our eyes close although situation was getting worst day by day. Now sabka acchi tarah se ilaaz chal raha hai. Takleef aam janta ko jhelni hi padegi. But future looks bright. Cancer ke ilaaz mein takleef toh jhelni padti hi hai. The money will be recovered even if it is 60-75% of total value as assets are there.

Even in US lakhs of companies sinked but people are educated enough to blame style of working adopted by these companies. But in India lets blame Govt. These are sinking because current Govt is not helping them like UPA who for their own pockets was using taxpapers money for bogus companies. Gandgi saaf hogi toh honest log jo us dirty company mein thay thodi takleef toh hogi. But time will let them grab new opportunities.

If Modi is sinking India then we should also blame him for Anil Ambani group sinking. RCOM was looted by its own employees from high authority people to a retailer. How they looted it because bosses were sleeping and let it happen. Toph sabney milke loota ab wahi loser Anil Ambani blamed Mukesh as if RCOM was in profits between 2008-2015. Kya joke hai yeh? Yeh toh trend chal raha hai jo bhi doob raha hai apni galti ki wajah se woh current Govt ko blame kar ke apna palla jhaad raha hai. Corruption ke loopholes fill hone ki wajah se wahi companies bandd ho rahi hai jo sirf corruption ke sir pe khadi thi.

I heard many stories in my family itself like my door ke rishteydaar (far-flung relatives) committed suicide atleast 15 of them as their businesses were closed after DeMo and inside I know they were corrupt and doing it freely before but their time was over and they met their fate. I wont cry for that bastards who were taken system for a ride with help of politicos.

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

aur jet airways ka kiya… woh kyu gira ie sinked rolleyes

View 7 more replies
Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

Jo log demonetization ko support karte hai.. wo log confirm demonetization ke waqt note change karne ke liye bank ki line Mai khade Nahi rahe.. agar khade rahte toh unko samaz AATA demonetization kya Tha ..

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Bhai i stood! Even my dad did! But i still support demonetization, do u know why?
Because i can’t find a single good reason that could prove modi was/would be benefitted by it. I mean if you think about it, what was his whole mindset behind this? How would he be benefitted?
Yes, demonetization couldn’t do what it should have done! But who do we have to blaim? Modi who actually was brave enough and good enough to implement this or the people like us, who betrayed him (Bankers and others who converted money)

View 3 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Videocon was once the leading consumer electronics brand. They used to have a net profit of 800-1000 crore annually. But then they made the mistake of entering into the Telecom business and also investing in CRT display manufacturing units when the world was moving to LCD/LED. They invested about 7000cr in telecom and then lost most of it as a result of the 2G Supreme Court order. Then they saw their TV market share taken over by Korean companies.
They never really got out of the double shock. They also functioned like a typical family run business and never changed with scale.

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

As Per Wiki

Rajkumar Dhoot – He is also the Promoter & Co-Owner of the diversified Videocon Group of Companies.12 He is from the Shiv Sena party. His father, the late Shri Nandlal Madhavlal Dhoot, was an Indian Industrialist and the founder of Videocon. His brother, Venugopal Dhoot is the Chairman & Managing Director of Videocon Industries Limited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajkumar...ot

TOI Article

Gave Shiv Sena Rs 85L, not Rs 85cr, says Videocon

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai...

rolleyes
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Now dishtv undertook videocon and i aware them too but its futile.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Kitna faltu time hai kuch logon ke pass. smile

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

market main awareness honi chaiye…. sunglasses

View 1 more reply
replyuser
Click here to reply