Hotness BEWARE: Gpay for paying Merchants

Hot Deal BEWARE: Gpay for paying Merchants

331°
1
5996
100

Hello Dimers,

Just wanted you all to be aware that please try avoiding Gpay for paying to merchants. Thousands of users have been affected, and the Gpay customer care doesn’t care to resolve this and keeps blaming merchant or the bank.


Personally have been going through all of this since more than a month. Made a payment of 1k at reliance mart using Gpay .. they confirmed right away that transaction wasn’t processed, gave proofs of no amount received by them and even the Gpay app showed amount as processing for half an hour. Gpay app still shows amt as processing. Paid cash to reliance and came off as Gpay confirmed amount will be refunded if the transaction has failed.. it’s already more than 45 days and have been chasing Gpay to get not even a single written response from them, but always got informed that their backend team is working on it and later was informed bank isn’t responding to their requests. I reached out to the bank and they provided a written letter that the amount was released from their end. Gpay still doesn’t respond to any emails and chats when provided with all the proofs and keeps telling we are just a technology and don’t save money. Now the problem is money is gone and no one takes a responsibility and Gpay is least bothered to help. Check their FB to find several people suffered in the amounts of thousands each.


Key takeaway – if you use Gpay for payments to merchants, your amount might not be received by the receiver and if so happens you need to forget that amount.


Please trend #gpayscamhay on Twitter 

Expired almost 50 years
45 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
611
1895
21

File a case in consumer court. You have enough proof to get their a** kicked.

Missing
suspended
336
1134
11

My 1200 rs Payment also in dispute at merchants same case as you . Mine wasn’t resolved almost 8 month happens. Not get any satisfy reply from rbi ,bank and consumer affairs.Dont do merchants payment Using Google pay

Cropped 1212623684
Deal Captain
53
7485
44

Gpay has always been a shitty app on meny instance people signed up from my referral link and still referral money was not paid.
Also those offer scratch cards are simply useless.
Payment failure are very common and money also gets deducted.
Not at all a reliable app. So it’s better to have this app uninstalled from your phone.

222
Deal Cadet
77
620
9

Google Pay Support Is S**T
No Timeline For Solving Any issue. They Wont Even Mail/Call You For Any Update Or Anything More They Need. You Have To Keep Calling Every 2-3 Days To Get Updates Regarding Your Issue. Though My Money Was Not Stuck But Had Technical Issue On App Which Was Never Solved Till Now.

#PersonalExperience.

Missing
suspended
336
1134
11

Google pay is not reliable for merchants payment. Paytm is no 1 successor for merchants payment. You at least get a assured money back guarantee if paytm failed or pending. Don’t use Google pay at least for merchants payment

Missing
Deal Subedar
611
1895
21

Google pay and SBI is the most deadly combination.

Missing
suspended
336
1134
11

Show your love for Google pay at play store

Sweeetplp
Blogger
1
5996
100
drsa478 wrote:

File a case in consumer court. You have enough proof to get their a** kicked.

Already filed online. But even they haven’t responded back yet. For a couple of other grievances I raised they were quite helpful

Sweeetplp
Blogger
1
5996
100
Nomad wrote:

Gpay has always been a shitty app on meny instance people signed up from my referral link and still referral money was not paid.
Also those offer scratch cards are simply useless.
Payment failure are very common and money also gets deducted.
Not at all a reliable app. So it’s better to have this app uninstalled from your phone.

Going to uninstall for sure but gonna get back the 1k bucks before that

Missing
Deal Cadet
72
292
4
drsa478 wrote:

Google pay and SBI is the most deadly combination.

Add Airtel PB and Gpay too.

The problem is synchronization. Gapy deducts money first and look for the destination bank network availability.
If the destination bank network fails, it does not know what to do next. On top of it, it has partnered with many banks hdfc/axis/sbi. There is no coordination among them.

In one word, utter flop App for merchant transaction.
It is still ok for P2P to get BLNT and once in a while good CB.

Missing
Deal Cadet
145
467
11

Regarding gpay customer care.. one of my rewards is pending since more then 2yrs..
after i checked it missing, contacted them..sent those few days bank statement ss proving that it wasn’t deposited..
Since, it wasn’t a that big.. I forgot about it thinking as I sent all requireds & its google, I will get it..
after about 2-3 monthe suddenly remembered it, checked still not processed.. contacted them.. “we are working on it”
.
knew at that moment only that I have to forget it..
.
.
Sure that If I contact them now, They will still be working on it..

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1307
38

many customers come complaining my gpay is not working, i straight away scold them, and tell to use official banks application.

using and handling with these third party apps also making trouble for bankers. as well as Customer.

Sweeetplp
Blogger
1
5996
100

ummmn.. why do customers come to you? do you work somewhere?

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1307
38
sweetpulp2004 wrote:

ummmn.. why do customers come to you? do you work somewhere?

bank

Missing
Deal Subedar
611
1895
21
Expand
ramadesidime wrote:

Add Airtel PB and Gpay too.

The problem is synchronization. Gapy deducts money first and look for the destination bank network availability.
If the destination bank network fails, it does not know what to do next. On top of it, it has partnered with many banks hdfc/axis/sbi. There is no coordination among them.

In one word, utter flop App for merchant transaction.
It is still ok for P2P to get BLNT and once in a while good CB.

Personally speaking, I have done away with anything ‘Airtel’ 2 years ago. Even in my friends n family i have made sure no one is enrolled with Airtel network. sunglasses

And I got to know this problem of google pay with payments to bank/merchants by experience. When i was new to Googlepay (have avoided it for long, installed it just 2 months back) 4 of the first 5 transactions failed and money got trapped for 2 weeks. Now I only use it for P2P. And that BLNT is perennial.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1307
38
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

Personally speaking, I have done away with anything ‘Airtel’ 2 years ago. Even in my friends n family i have made sure no one is enrolled with Airtel network. sunglasses

And I got to know this problem of google pay with payments to bank/merchants by experience. When i was new to Googlepay (have avoided it for long, installed it just 2 months back) 4 of the first 5 transactions failed and money got trapped for 2 weeks. Now I only use it for P2P. And that BLNT is perennial.

all my household are Jio, including my secondary.
my primary was bsnl , due to no 4g i moved to Airtel

best decision ever made

i get minimum of 32mbps to max of 64mbps uninterrupted , except during rains.
jio is working fine with avg speee of 1 to 2 Mbps

Missing
Deal Subedar
611
1895
21
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

all my household are Jio, including my secondary.
my primary was bsnl , due to no 4g i moved to Airtel

best decision ever made

i get minimum of 32mbps to max of 64mbps uninterrupted , except during rains.
jio is working fine with avg speee of 1 to 2 Mbps

Seems you are the pampered one of Airtel, but an exception can’t be a rule. I am getting 15 to 25 mbps in both my jio and vodafone numbers which is more than enough for me. But the peace of mind I am getting by staying away from Chortel is unmeasurable.

Missing
Deal Subedar
611
1895
21
rogerthat wrote:

many customers come complaining my gpay is not working, i straight away scold them, and tell to use official banks application.

using and handling with these third party apps also making trouble for bankers. as well as Customer.

It’s the third party apps which made UPI so popular in India. Had it been for the banks and your banker colleagues exclusively, to deal with UPI, then sorry to offend but UPI in India would have been in gutters.

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2887
40
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

Personally speaking, I have done away with anything ‘Airtel’ 2 years ago. Even in my friends n family i have made sure no one is enrolled with Airtel network. sunglasses

And I got to know this problem of google pay with payments to bank/merchants by experience. When i was new to Googlepay (have avoided it for long, installed it just 2 months back) 4 of the first 5 transactions failed and money got trapped for 2 weeks. Now I only use it for P2P. And that BLNT is perennial.

Airtel is a mobile service provider. Airtel Bank is a payments bank.
The two are different corporate entities, even though Airtel often promotes Airtel bank.
The mobile service is good. The banking service should not even be continued to operate.

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2887
40
rogerthat wrote:

many customers come complaining my gpay is not working, i straight away scold them, and tell to use official banks application.

using and handling with these third party apps also making trouble for bankers. as well as Customer.

most bank apps, particularly those by PSU banks are complete trash. even sixth graders can develop better apps.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1307
38
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

It’s the third party apps which made UPI so popular in India. Had it been for the banks and your banker colleagues exclusively, to deal with UPI, then sorry to offend but UPI in India would have been in gutters.

thing is they dont complain to third party , when there is an issue they come crying to bank

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1307
38
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

most bank apps, particularly those by PSU banks are complete trash. even sixth graders can develop better apps.

i agree

Even i dont use it.


best is BHIM UPI.


i always use this for irctc , hotel booking etc.


this is original one ,


and people use third party apps mainly for referal, cashbacks etc



official apps may seem to trash, but they adhere to security over other things. they are infact harder to get on with but are also useful.

i bet rate of failure is much less here.

they have same feature or Even more compared to these third party apps.


its all about getting used to .

Missing
Deal Subedar
611
1895
21
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

thing is they dont complain to third party , when there is an issue they come crying to bank

This is the reason, why recently RBI came up with fine/penalties on ‘banks’ for not resolving failed transactions including UPI transaction on a time bound manner, because banks don’t want to take responsibility and blames costumers for everything.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1307
38
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

This is the reason, why recently RBI came up with fine/penalties on ‘banks’ for not resolving failed transactions including UPI transaction on a time bound manner, because banks don’t want to take responsibility and blames costumers for everything.

upi is separate server/channel

it’s not bank specific

Missing
Deal Subedar
611
1895
21
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

upi is separate server/channel

it’s not bank specific

You only proved my point of banks being negligent and irresponsible.
For you, maybe UPI is separate server, channel, or whatever, which delinks it from banks but RBI have a different opinion.
So before scolding your next customer, kindly educate yourself with this news article.

https://www.livemint.com/industry/banking/faile...

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1307
38
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

You only proved my point of banks being negligent and irresponsible.
For you, maybe UPI is separate server, channel, or whatever, which delinks it from banks but RBI have a different opinion.
So before scolding your next customer, kindly educate yourself with this news article.

https://www.livemint.com/industry/banking/faile...

you have no idea how dispute resolution, payment settlement, fraud detection , failed transactions work.


people always try to blame someone for something.


like they blame current govt or previous govt.


not trying to understand things .

Missing