Buying a used internal hard disk for laptop

Buying a used internal hard disk for laptop

Score: 3 Votes: 3
Score: 3 Votes: 3
Score: 3 Votes: 3
Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214

Hi dime-conscious deal diggers!

I’m planning to buy a used internal hard disk for an old HP laptop which is otherwise working fine. Capacity doesn’t matter much. Have an external hard disk for bulk file storage. It’s just for everyday use. My budget limit is 1000 bucks. Have been searching on OLX, Quikr, eBay for a while now. Couldn’t grab a deal yet. Please share your valuable suggestions. Thanks in advance. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


Tagging some awesome shopping friends for help. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

@DealSeeker @dharmanath481 @getready @cybertechie @myliferockkss @Plato

  • In
77 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
Img 20161125 220914
Deal Lieutenant
2
50
4252
42

Never found anything cheap in quikr,olx https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Dd av
Deal Lieutenant
6
189
3996
48

Contact your nearest computer repair shop , you might get very good deal and almost new HDDs .. also i will suggest not to get more then 2 year old internal HDD .

Stupendous man
Deal Captain
0
287
8424
89

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643
@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.


Link to Newegg/Amazon/Flipkart for full specs, especially for the latency and clock speeds of the chips?

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643

@Magus 1000 is a very low budget, bro. eBay would be your best bet for used hard drives.

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@DealSeeker wrote:

@Magus 1000 is a very low budget, bro. eBay would be your best bet for used hard drives.



I’m ready to go with even a 100GB HD if possible. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@bk08 wrote:

Contact your nearest computer repair shop , you might get very good deal and almost new HDDs .. also i will suggest not to get more then 2 year old internal HDD .



Tried a few places. No one has a HD with capacity less than 500GB. Should I even say the price they quote? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.



No internal hard disks? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Kill bill pandey
suspended
0
50
302
5
@Magus wrote:

@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.



No internal hard disks? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Vvv

Kill bill pandey
suspended
0
50
302
5
@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.



No internal hard disks? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Vvv


Vv

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.



No internal hard disks? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Vvv


Vv


Vv



What the fuck is that?

286 907
Deal Major
1
436
21788
161
@Magus wrote:

@bk08 wrote:

Contact your nearest computer repair shop , you might get very good deal and almost new HDDs .. also i will suggest not to get more then 2 year old internal HDD .



Tried a few places. No one has a HD with capacity less than 500GB. Should I even say the price they quote? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Ebay is quoting 1650 for 160gb https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@bk08 wrote:

Contact your nearest computer repair shop , you might get very good deal and almost new HDDs .. also i will suggest not to get more then 2 year old internal HDD .



Tried a few places. No one has a HD with capacity less than 500GB. Should I even say the price they quote? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Ebay is quoting 1650 for 160gb https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif



I said that about offline shops. Lesser capacitated HDs available online but the prices are huge even for used ones.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
86
1

To find a local repair shop in Olx or Quikr, search for generic terms like cpu or laptop. If you find too many similar ads from the same person, he is probably a reseller (a local repair shop) who would be willing to sell individual parts too. But there is no guarantee that HDD will last long. It may be dying or may have errors. I wouldn’t suggest buying an HD without checking it unless you know them personally.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
150
3768
43
@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.


Are you the one selling as geek on erodov? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Kill bill pandey
suspended
0
50
302
5
@Magus wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.



No internal hard disks? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Vvv


Vv


Vv



What the fuck is that?

U wanna get suspended once again
Why use the ‘f’ word https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@dealzeal wrote:

To find a local repair shop in Olx or Quikr, search for generic terms like cpu or laptop. If you find too many similar ads from the same person, he is probably a reseller (a local repair shop) who would be willing to sell individual parts too. But there is no guarantee that HDD will last long. It may be dying or may have errors. I wouldn’t suggest buying an HD without checking it unless you know them personally.



Thanks for your valuable input. +KG.

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.



No internal hard disks? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Vvv


Vv


Vv



What the fuck is that?

U wanna get suspended once again
Why use the ‘f’ word https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif


If you have anything to add to the discussion, do it. Otherwise GTFO!

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
86
1
@Magus wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

@Magus 1000 is a very low budget, bro. eBay would be your best bet for used hard drives.



I’m ready to go with even a 100GB HD if possible. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Don’t go for anything less than 160GB. It would be too old.

@magus EDIT: BTW is that your primary laptop? How old is it and how much RAM does it have?

Why don’t you use it without an internal HDD? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif If the purpose is only for browsing and watching videos I would suggest you to use linux Live CD with a pen drive and/or an external hard drive.

Kill bill pandey
suspended
0
50
302
5
@Magus wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.



No internal hard disks? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Vvv


Vv


Vv



What the fuck is that?

U wanna get suspended once again
Why use the ‘f’ word https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif


If you have anything to add to the discussion, do it. Otherwise GTFO!

Hehehehe https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Img 20161125 220914
Deal Lieutenant
2
50
4252
42

Go to any old college, you may find old systems there. Rest I don’t if it can be configured or not https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:

@Magus wrote:

https://m.ebay.in/itm/Toshiba-40GB-SATA-5400RPM...

40GB at 600! Mfg. year 2006! Is it any good? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif


not worth bro.. dnt buy…. if your laptop is good, i would suggest you to buy brand new HD for long life. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


it’s more than ten years old. Reglobe is quoting 5000 even for a perfectly working machine. Just to let you know of its value! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Dishonored wallpaper in hd adventure photo dishonored wallpaper
Deal Captain
0
-13
7112
66
@Magus wrote:

@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.



No internal hard disks? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
86
1

@krishan42933 You are suggesting desktop HDDs but he is looking for laptop HDD.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643
@krishan42933 wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.



No internal hard disks? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

@Magus last year, i was in similar situation my primary 500gb hdd got dead and at that time i didnt had enough money to buy a good hdd so i took a small hdd for work. i seached online amazon and fk they were bit costly but i found a cheaper one on shopclues https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif well we all know how shopclues works https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif but suprisingly i got a decent 128 gb working hdd. it helped me a lot that time and i collected money 1in 1 month and boujght 1a 1tb hdd but thatold hdd is still working it. its bit risky to buy frm shopclues but their are rleiable options too that time i was able to fnd atleast 6-7 hdd (internal) frm diff sites. see this ione is internal and with 1 year warranty actually i not able to find that hdd which i bough may be the seller removbed the listing
http://www.shopclues.com/250-gb-sata-hard-disk-...
http://www.shopclues.com/seagate-160gb-ide-desk...
http://www.shopclues.com/160-gb-sata-hard-disk-...


He needs a laptop hard drive.

286 907
Deal Major
1
436
21788
161
@krishan42933 wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@thrifty_indian wrote:

Off-topic: Is selling hardware still ‘legal’ on DD? I am selling 3×4GB DDR3 RAM modules from transcend at Rs.1200/piece. The RAMs are brand new and in original box.



No internal hard disks? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

@Magus last year, i was in similar situation my primary 500gb hdd got dead and at that time i didnt had enough money to buy a good hdd so i took a small hdd for work. i seached online amazon and fk they were bit costly but i found a cheaper one on shopclues https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif well we all know how shopclues works https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif but suprisingly i got a decent 128 gb working hdd. it helped me a lot that time and i collected money 1in 1 month and boujght 1a 1tb hdd but thatold hdd is still working it. its bit risky to buy frm shopclues but their are rleiable options too that time i was able to fnd atleast 6-7 hdd (internal) frm diff sites. see this ione is internal and with 1 year warranty actually i not able to find that hdd which i bough may be the seller removbed the listing
http://www.shopclues.com/250-gb-sata-hard-disk-...
http://www.shopclues.com/seagate-160gb-ide-desk...
http://www.shopclues.com/160-gb-sata-hard-disk-...

edit – master link http://www.shopclues.com/electronic-accessories...

and yes their are many otpions on fk sd and amazon u can buy from anywhere https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif


he is looking for laptop, not desktop https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

P.s. Dnt talk to me https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Missing