Domestic flights to resume from May 25 2020

16°
Deal Major
desiman

Domestic flights to resume from May 25: Puri

Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri tweets:

Domestic civil aviation operations will recommence in a calibrated manner from May 25.

All airports and air carriers are being informed to be ready for operations from May 25.

Standard Operating Procedures for passenger movement also being separately issued by the ministry.

Web check-in, masks in flight must: New rules for air travel

UPDATE: This is the protocol for air travel for the next six months:

Web check-in is a must, and take a boarding card print out.

Wearing mask in flight is compulsory.

No stamping of boarding card by CISF.

Reach airport three hours before flight departure.

For the first time, passengers can take a 350 ml sanitiser on board.

No food items will be available in the aircraft for the first two months of resumption of flights.

https://news.rediff.com/commentary/2020/may/20/...

2 Comments  |  
2 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

After electrifying the nation with his tweet today that domestic passenger flights will resume from May 25 in a limited manner, Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri will release the standard operating procedures for passengers and flight operators at 3 pm on Thursday.

Insiders say the SOP packs some tough protocols, and speculation is rife that it could even include 14-day quarantine for fliers post-flight, which system will be in place till June 25.

The flights will most likely have flat rates, not dynamic pricing, which seems to have left private operators upset.

While a Delhi-Chennai flight is expected to cost Rs 9500 one way, a Delhi-Mumbai flight may cost Rs 7500.

Hold your breath, said a source, and don’t be shocked by the SOPs.

https://news.rediff.com/commentary/2020/may/20/...

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

somebody plz tell me, can I carry cabin bagpack ? I have to go Delhi and have to carry medicine, diamond jewelry in small backpack.

replyuser
Click here to reply