It is normal to look at a dress and fall in love with it, but what if someone is intruding upon your privacy while you are trying out that outfit. There can be a hidden camera installed to capture your every move at private places, suchas trial rooms, public toilets, and hotel rooms.
There are few things that you can keep in mind while visiting any of the above mentioned private places.
1. Peer through the mirror:Two-way mirrors are coated with tinted mirror pane substance to allow some light to pass through it. Press your face against the mirror with your hands around your eyes to block all the light and try to peer through the mirror.
2. Torch test:A two-way mirror works best when one side of the room i.e. the trial room is brightly lit and the other side is dark. Switch off the lights in the trial room and observe the mirror more closely with a flashlight. The flashlight will make the observation room visible from the trial room.
3. Unusual small pinhole:Whenever you are in a hotel room or a trial room, check the room for any unusual small pinhole. Popular places to hide cameras can be flower pots, air-purifiers, teddy bears, alarm-clocks, photo frames, bookshelves etc.
4. Observe the mirror:Check if the mirror is hanging on the wall or is fitted in the wall. If it’s a hanging mirror you can easily check behindits wall, but if the mirror is installedin the wall there can be chances ofit being a two-way mirror. You can do any of the above-listed tests to observe the mirror.
5. Tap on the mirror:To check the mirror, you can simply tap on the surface of the mirror. A genuine mirror will produce a flat and dull sound whereas a two-way mirror will produce hollow and reverberating sound as there is open space at the other end.
Hence it is always said that it is better to be cautious thanto be a victim.