Fact based worldview

Fact based worldview

139°
Missing
Deal Subedar
197
1397
12

http://forms.gapminder.org/s3/tes...18

Give this test and tell us how you did.
It’s not my own created test of course.
It’s by the website Gapminder. They try to spread facts about the world.

Your data/answers won’t be shared anywhere, it’s for your self assessment

Just 13 questions, hardly will take 2 mins. But you’ll learn something

29 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
Missing
Critic
15
983
9

Scored 23%
This test looks rigged angry

Missing
Deal Subedar
197
1397
12
cocay wrote:

Scored 23%
This test looks rigged angry

It’s by an author
Late Hans Rosling.
Read his book- Factfulness.
And you’re free to search the data in UN website.

Btw, it’s what most people will score (including me)
The Author even took these surveys in Meetings which had the top CEOs.
Even meetings which had the Nobel Laureates, professors, politicians, activists. And in many other meetings in some 4-5 years. Almost all of them did poorly.
He and his website tried/is trying to improve the distorted worldview we all have.
I just wanted to share what I found will be of meaning.

Missing
Entertainer
22
2043
25

Ohh yeah baby got 2 right 😈 15%😘

Missing
Critic
15
983
9
Expand
OnlineLootera wrote:

It’s by an author
Late Hans Rosling.
Read his book- Factfulness.
And you’re free to search the data in UN website.

Btw, it’s what most people will score (including me)
The Author even took these surveys in Meetings which had the top CEOs.
Even meetings which had the Nobel Laureates, professors, politicians, activists. And in many other meetings in some 4-5 years. Almost all of them did poorly.
He and his website tried/is trying to improve the distorted worldview we all have.
I just wanted to share what I found will be of meaning.

With all due respect, most people are so occupied in their day to day earnings and problems that knowing answers to all these adds no value to their lives.
These questions would make sense for someone working on the world stage, politicians, WHO, UN associates and alike.

I wouldn’t remember a single answer if I take the same test a week later

Missing
Deal Subedar
197
1397
12
Expand
cocay wrote:

With all due respect, most people are so occupied in their day to day earnings and problems that knowing answers to all these adds no value to their lives.
These questions would make sense for someone working on the world stage, politicians, WHO, UN associates and alike.

I wouldn’t remember a single answer if I take the same test a week later

I think you missed the point.
These are not exam kind of questions and answers.
People everyday say the world is deteriorating. And almost everyone claims to know about the issues.
But the test(small part of the book) says that how the world is better than we think it is and how it’s imporving day by day.
They never asked for exact figures like in exams.
They asked for figures, which if we have a decent worldview, we’ll be able to answer.
I couldn’t in my first try.
Got just 3 questions correct.
But now I’m seeing a different perspective.
I’m trying to understand what actually the data is saying compared to what the media is saying.

Missing
Critic
15
983
9
Expand
OnlineLootera wrote:

I think you missed the point.
These are not exam kind of questions and answers.
People everyday say the world is deteriorating. And almost everyone claims to know about the issues.
But the test(small part of the book) says that how the world is better than we think it is and how it’s imporving day by day.
They never asked for exact figures like in exams.
They asked for figures, which if we have a decent worldview, we’ll be able to answer.
I couldn’t in my first try.
Got just 3 questions correct.
But now I’m seeing a different perspective.
I’m trying to understand what actually the data is saying compared to what the media is saying.

Except the rich and super rich, world is deteriorating for everyone else. People experience it everyday.

Missing
Critic
15
983
9
B3A5T wrote:


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/606959/original/Screenshot_2020-03-03-22-42-02-139_com.android.chrome.png?1583255538
Nice!

Can you share source from where you copied? smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
197
1397
12
Expand
cocay wrote:

Except the rich and super rich, world is deteriorating for everyone else. People experience it everyday.

That is where you are wrong.
Read the book Factfulness (and check the stats in the book in official websites-like UN’s)
If after reading the book you have the same opinion then I am ready to quit DesiDime too.
That’s how strongly I believe we all are in grave misconception.

Missing
Critic
15
983
9
Expand
OnlineLootera wrote:

That is where you are wrong.
Read the book Factfulness (and check the stats in the book in official websites-like UN’s)
If after reading the book you have the same opinion then I am ready to quit DesiDime too.
That’s how strongly I believe we all are in grave misconception.

Lol
My day to day reality tells me much more than any book can ever tell.
Good night

Missing
Deal Subedar
197
1397
12
Expand
cocay wrote:

Lol
My day to day reality tells me much more than any book can ever tell.
Good night

Thank you smile
You are representing the masses. So no, I won’t argue smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
75
1213
11
Expand
cocay wrote:

Can you share source from where you copied? smile

I know stuff.
If I knew the answers, why would I stop at 69…. Oh I understand your concern.
It’s totally coincidence.

Missing
Deal Subedar
75
1213
11
Expand
cocay wrote:

Can you share source from where you copied? smile

My source were, BBC, Al Jazeera, NGC, Discovery, TED talk, Youtube, Bill Gates.

Missing
suspended
50
62
0
Viikk wrote:

46%

ditto🤷🏻‍♂️
but i intend to retake the test without going through the correct answers

i used to do better (than this) with Mensa puzzles, when younger😪
OP if you do regularly take interest in such brain teasers; then do consider getting various stages and types of Mensa society puzzles 👌🏽🤙🏼
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/606969/original/6539352_screenshot_20200303_232628.png


in hindsight (and without the sword of the timer), i can narrow down on at-least 3 questions which i got wrong. (obviously without looking at the answers or researching any questions)

Missing
Deal Subedar
197
1397
12
Expand
earlink wrote:

ditto🤷🏻‍♂️
but i intend to retake the test without going through the correct answers

i used to do better (than this) with Mensa puzzles, when younger😪
OP if you do regularly take interest in such brain teasers; then do consider getting various stages and types of Mensa society puzzles 👌🏽🤙🏼
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/606969/original/6539352_screenshot_20200303_232628.png


in hindsight (and without the sword of the timer), i can narrow down on at-least 3 questions which i got wrong. (obviously without looking at the answers or researching any questions)

I actually did worse.
I got only 3 correct in my first try.
But yes. After I researched and read the book of the founder of this website, i am keen on learning more.

Missing
Critic
175
841
13

Got 62%(8 correct out of 13). Got 2 questions wrong for assuming women situation worse than it actually is & 2 questions wrong for underestimating/overestimating people health.Last one can be answered correctly only by those who have read this specific fact(aka exam type question) because overall bio diversity is without any doubt is in serious danger.

@OnlineLootera I got above score not by reading any books but by just reading ToI editorial pages daily. I don’t watch tv news or social media/youtube/online news(except for tech news on reputable global sites). Sadly majority nowadays don’t follow this.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/men-a...

Missing
Deal Subedar
197
1397
12
guest_999 wrote:

Got 62%(8 correct out of 13). Got 2 questions wrong for assuming women situation worse than it actually is & 2 questions wrong for underestimating/overestimating people health.Last one can be answered correctly only by those who have read this specific fact(aka exam type question) because overall bio diversity is without any doubt is in serious danger.

@OnlineLootera I got above score not by reading any books but by just reading ToI editorial pages daily. I don’t watch tv news or social media/youtube/online news(except for tech news on reputable global sites). Sadly majority nowadays don’t follow this.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/men-a...

Great score.
And yes, ofcourse bio-diversity is a big issue.
Even poverty, population, infant mortality.

It’s just that things can be both bad and better

In the women education question(the 9 years one), around 20% of the women rights activists were able to answer correctly.
Now the thing is they are the one of the main reasons why womens are in better condition right now. It’s just that they themselves were unaware of their achievements. This test doesn’t tell who is more intelligent or anything. This is something unique.
Btw, I also didn’t follow the basic things. And I too scored poorly in my first attempt sweat_smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
197
1397
12
Wontdisplaymyname wrote:


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/607008/original/Screenshot_2020-03-04-16-27-08-140_com.android.chrome.jpg?1583319440A lot of it was guess work.

Of course it’ll be guess work.
But if our mind is postive and we know that things are improving, we’ll select the best answer and not the worst.

Missing
suspended
50
62
0
Expand
OnlineLootera wrote:

i am keen on learning more.

i assumed as much and that’s why suggested ‘Mensa’ to you.
because as someone who grew up with stuff like Encyclopedia Britannica in the pre- 24×7 era and later moved to Mensa in the early years of internet boom.
I found it reasonably comprehensive.

however and also
looking at the barriers, skepticism you faced in this thread itself, it’d be a good idea to also routinely go through competitive exams materials, mock tests and general .. LR (Logical Reasoning) question banks as solved by IAS IFS, MBA aspirants.

because afterall an such author compiled data (published books) eventually get semi-redundant, out of date.
as is the case with this test and se parts of the book published earlier.

and smile special thank you for sharing this here _ /|\ _
something different 👌👍

i wish you to grow and grow and never get satiated.

Missing
suspended
50
62
0
guest_999 wrote:

Got 62%(8 correct out of 13). Got 2 questions wrong for assuming women situation worse than it actually is & 2 questions wrong for underestimating/overestimating people health.Last one can be answered correctly only by those who have read this specific fact(aka exam type question) because overall bio diversity is without any doubt is in serious danger.

sir, append that in the beginning with ‘Spoiler Alert’ please wink smile
(none above went into specifics)

Missing
Deal Subedar
197
1397
12
Expand
earlink wrote:

i assumed as much and that’s why suggested ‘Mensa’ to you.
because as someone who grew up with stuff like Encyclopedia Britannica in the pre- 24×7 era and later moved to Mensa in the early years of internet boom.
I found it reasonably comprehensive.

however and also
looking at the barriers, skepticism you faced in this thread itself, it’d be a good idea to also routinely go through competitive exams materials, mock tests and general .. LR (Logical Reasoning) question banks as solved by IAS IFS, MBA aspirants.

because afterall an such author compiled data (published books) eventually get semi-redundant, out of date.
as is the case with this test and se parts of the book published earlier.

and smile special thank you for sharing this here _ /|\ _
something different 👌👍

i wish you to grow and grow and never get satiated.

Well yeah I do understand that data will get redundant in coming years.
Also I am an MBA aspirant :p
I do solve these logical reasoning and stuff :p
Also, thank you. smile

Missing
Deal Cadet
54
128
1
Expand
OnlineLootera wrote:

Well yeah I do understand that data will get redundant in coming years.
Also I am an MBA aspirant :p
I do solve these logical reasoning and stuff :p
Also, thank you. smile

MBA aspirant” how was CAT and xat then?

Missing
Deal Subedar
197
1397
12
Expand
PikaPika wrote:

MBA aspirant” how was CAT and xat then?

Cat 96
Xat 92
Gave IIFT too. Got 99. Hoping to convert.

Missing