Fraud-hit PNB to use Gandhigiri to recover Rs 150 crore of bad loans every month

99°
Deal Major
desiman

Fraud-hit PNB to use Gandhigiri to recover Rs 150 crore of bad loans every month

Under ‘Mission Gandhigiri’, a recovery mechanism launched by PNB in May 2017, a team visits the borrower’s office or residence and sits there silently. Currently, there are 1,144 field staff members who are driving the mission.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/business-news/fr...

9 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

This is normal procedure, they can use BhonPu as well biggrin

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Several years ago heard of a gentleman who used to sit outside the borrowers place house n slowlyly used to strip naked till the borrower relented

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

This will work only in movies.Make a special law in parliament & manage the highest court so that they don’t interfere & put culprits behind bars

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Yes, make a law for those also who make mockery of banks by saying they will commit suicide if repayment is asked and then live on. rolleyes In most cases people deliberately don’t want to repay and some even take cushion of saying that when Mallya or Nirav can run away why we pay. So you can know what common people are upto. Honest re-payers should be rewarded in this country and should be given 1-2% discount on future loans.

I was once sitting on a shop hearing conversation of few people who were telling others to take loan and then don’t take tension to repay after first few installments. Bade hi garv ke saath aam log kehtey hai baith ke ki kya karenge bank wale? Bahot log ni dete kya huya aaj tak? Isne loan leke nahi diya, usne nahi diya. So at that time, I think this country or its people deserve miserable lives as how hypocrite as a society we are. grinning Then there are some who will give up one time food but make payments regularly. Salute to those.

Few months back, I went with my friend working in bank for recovery of 3.5 lakhs taken by some villager Malakk Ram who ran milk dairy. He was not paying anything for almost 18 months and whenever anybody from bank visited him, he either gave false promise or ran away before they reached. Bank offered him to payback only the principal and forgive the interest of 1.67 lakhs as his total o/s was 5.2 Lakhs. so my friend told him the same. But even after that he didn’t pay anything. So they filed legal suit and when police reached on court orders, his wife and he himself did drama of consuming poison and threatened bank people also by saying, “Mai zehar khaa loonga fir le lena paise apne”. Later they were both sent to jail for 6 months and their property was seized and auctioned. Just before all this he bought a new Alto. When my friend asked him you have money for alto and not for repayment then he proudly said, “Aapko kya lena mai kya kharidoo. Nahi deta mai paise.” Now all he has left is nothing but the shameful life. There are around similar 15 cases in that village. There is some kind of unity there. They take loans but don’t pay back. It’s like their habit. Even after too much low rate of interest, subsidies, they don’t give a damn to repay. Bada dukh lagta hai jab koi paise hote huye bhi loan waapas naa kar raha ho. Aise keede pata ni kaun se nark mein girenge. stuck_out_tongue

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

gandhigiri will not work.. nothing will happen.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Gandhigiri ?!!! Wow !! smiling_imp rage

Yes, PNB shud be awarded F***er of the nation award ,

Link Copied

Employee of the banks shouldn’t be paid their salary until all money lost in NPAs is recovered from their salary.
Once done, no banks will ever have NPA

View 1 more reply
replyuser
Click here to reply