Help - Non iron (wrinkle free) shirts

Help - Non iron (wrinkle free) shirts

176°
Missing
Deal Newbie
0
54
29
10

Hey guys, Does anyone know any brands which sell wrinkle free shirts? I did some research but bot finding in online sites. probably due to incomplete descriptions. I need those badly due to a job which rquires lot of travel.

I have seen few in Marks and Spencers. But priced at 3K upwards which is very very expensive.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

22 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42775
736

@mssajith Most real wrinkle free shirts are almost non-breathable so I wouldn’t recommend them for Indian summers. Also, wrinkle free shirts don’t last long as the processing weakens the fabric and sometimes they even tear at the seams. Then there is the concern of Formaldehyde (a known carcinogen, i.e. cancer causing) which is used for processing the cotton fabric to make it wrinkle free. And, yes, wrinkle free shirts are always expensive. #ProsAndCons

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
54
29
10
@DealSeeker wrote:

@mssajith Most real wrinkle free shirts are almost non-breathable so I wouldn’t recommend them for Indian summers. Also, wrinkle free shirts don’t last long as the processing weakens the fabric and sometimes they even tear at the seams. Then there is the concern of Formaldehyde (a known carcinogen, i.e. cancer causing) which is used for processing the cotton fabric to make it wrinkle free. And, yes, wrinkle free shirts are always expensive. #ProsAndCons

Oh..Didn’t knew any of these points. I thought life will be easier if you have few of those when it’s tough to find an iron box in hotels. I will mostly use those in US, not in India. Thanks again buddy

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42775
736
@mssajith wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

@mssajith Most real wrinkle free shirts are almost non-breathable so I wouldn’t recommend them for Indian summers. Also, wrinkle free shirts don’t last long as the processing weakens the fabric and sometimes they even tear at the seams. Then there is the concern of Formaldehyde (a known carcinogen, i.e. cancer causing) which is used for processing the cotton fabric to make it wrinkle free. And, yes, wrinkle free shirts are always expensive. #ProsAndCons

Oh..Didn’t knew any of these points. I thought life will be easier if you have few of those when it’s tough to find an iron box in hotels. I will mostly use those in US, not in India. Thanks again buddy


Oh, if that’s the case then you can ignore the biggest drawback of non-breathable fabric. Although the summers get pretty hot there as well (depending on where you are visiting, of course) but every freaking place is fully air conditioned. So the non-breathable fabric almost becomes a non-issue, unless you are visiting a city like NYC where you’ll likely walk and take the trains a lot. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

One suggestion: buy a portable travel iron and carry it with you wherever you go. BTW, irons and ironing boards are standard in every motel/hotel in the US. Even if one is not provided in your room, you can ask the reception and they will surely arrange one for you. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
54
29
10
@DealSeeker wrote:

@mssajith wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

@mssajith Most real wrinkle free shirts are almost non-breathable so I wouldn’t recommend them for Indian summers. Also, wrinkle free shirts don’t last long as the processing weakens the fabric and sometimes they even tear at the seams. Then there is the concern of Formaldehyde (a known carcinogen, i.e. cancer causing) which is used for processing the cotton fabric to make it wrinkle free. And, yes, wrinkle free shirts are always expensive. #ProsAndCons

Oh..Didn’t knew any of these points. I thought life will be easier if you have few of those when it’s tough to find an iron box in hotels. I will mostly use those in US, not in India. Thanks again buddy


Oh, if that’s the case then you can ignore the biggest drawback of non-breathable fabric. Although the summers get pretty hot there as well (depending on where you are visiting, of course) but every freaking place is fully air conditioned. So the non-breathable fabric almost becomes a non-issue, unless you are visiting a city like NYC where you’ll likely walk and take the trains a lot. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

One suggestion: buy a portable travel iron and carry it with you wherever you go. BTW, irons and ironing boards are standard in every motel/hotel in the US. Even if one is not provided in your room, you can ask the reception and they will surely arrange one for you. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Just the exception you said, I will be working from NYC https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif Yeah, I can buy iron boxes, but I guess what we get in India won’t work there due to low voltage setup there. Thanks a lot mate.

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42775
736
@mssajith wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

Oh, if that’s the case then you can ignore the biggest drawback of non-breathable fabric. Although the summers get pretty hot there as well (depending on where you are visiting, of course) but every freaking place is fully air conditioned. So the non-breathable fabric almost becomes a non-issue, unless you are visiting a city like NYC where you’ll likely walk and take the trains a lot. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

One suggestion: buy a portable travel iron and carry it with you wherever you go. BTW, irons and ironing boards are standard in every motel/hotel in the US. Even if one is not provided in your room, you can ask the reception and they will surely arrange one for you. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Just the exception you said, I will be working from NYC https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif Yeah, I can buy iron boxes, but I guess what we get in India won’t work there due to low voltage setup there. Thanks a lot mate.


I was talking about the $10-$20 travel irons that you can buy from most Walgreens, Duane Reade, or even 7-Eleven outlets once you land there. For more variety, you can visit a supermarket like Target which you will likely be doing anyway for your other shopping needs. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
54
29
10

Just in case if it helps someone, I got a few nice non iron shirts from Jos A Bank, for 15-20$ and few from Joseph Aboud from Men’s wearhouse for 15$. Sizing was the challenge, had to return more than I bought to get the right size since they usually mention neck and sleeve sizes https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Napster new
Critic
4
42
4912
100
mssajith wrote:

Just in case if it helps someone, I got a few nice non iron shirts from Jos A Bank, for 15-20$ and few from Joseph Aboud from Men’s wearhouse for 15$. Sizing was the challenge, had to return more than I bought to get the right size since they usually mention neck and sleeve sizes https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

How did you return more than you bought?

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
54
29
10
Expand
enapster wrote:

How did you return more than you bought?

Well, smartass, I meant returned more than what I kept https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Napster new
Critic
4
42
4912
100
Expand
mssajith wrote:

Well, smartass, I meant returned more than what I kept https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Good! Once you know the size, then it’s easy to buy. You should have bought one first and tried.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
54
29
10

Nope buddy. So I bought 15, 15.5 and 16 neck sizes and 32/33 and 34/35 sleeve length in tailored and slim fits. So had to buy different combinations. Then, most of these offers are online only and for limited time, but they allow returns in stores. So, buying 4-5 and returning was the best option. After Thanksgiving time, you will see people returning tens of items in store. That’s how it works there.

Img 20180221 113458
Deal Subedar
1
1
2846
43
DealSeeker wrote:

@mssajith Most real wrinkle free shirts are almost non-breathable so I wouldn’t recommend them for Indian summers. Also, wrinkle free shirts don’t last long as the processing weakens the fabric and sometimes they even tear at the seams. Then there is the concern of Formaldehyde (a known carcinogen, i.e. cancer causing) which is used for processing the cotton fabric to make it wrinkle free. And, yes, wrinkle free shirts are always expensive. #ProsAndCons

Aap scientist nerd lag rahe ho, ye sab padhne ke baad.. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
3
132
1234
20
Expand
161508 wrote:

Aap scientist lag rahe ho ye sab padhne ke baad.. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

He is not a scientist but an all-rounder @DealSeeker https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
2
110
606
33

Blackberrys have some decent wrinkle free shirts.
Range 2k onwards.
But avoid they are umbreathable and doesn’t give cotton like look and feel..

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42775
736
Expand
161508 wrote:

Achha ye baat hai.. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

Yep. I believe the scientific term for it is “nerd”. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Img 20180221 113458
Deal Subedar
1
1
2846
43
Expand
DealSeeker wrote:

Yep. I believe the scientific term for it is “nerd”. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Oops.. Sorry!

150g667098
Deal Subedar
1
449
1112
13

Yes I am using wrinkle free shirts is awesome .

Qwqwq
Deal Lieutenant
4
536
5721
51
mssajith wrote:

Oh..Didn’t knew any of these points. I thought life will be easier if you have few of those when it’s tough to find an iron box in hotels. I will mostly use those in US, not in India. Thanks again buddy

You can try polycotton mix shirts from brande companies like van huesen, park avanue, peter england. These polycotton shirts dont fade away quickly and also dry up very easily.

Ironing them is also very easy. wont take much time like cotton shirts.

Gangster logo gangster members 31626812 240 280
Deal Subedar
12
4
2226
69
mssajith wrote:

Oh..Didn’t knew any of these points. I thought life will be easier if you have few of those when it’s tough to find an iron box in hotels. I will mostly use those in US, not in India. Thanks again buddy

Did u check these ?
https://www.myntra.com/wrinkle-free-...ts

Missing