Help Regarding SBI Credit Card EMI conversion

Help Regarding SBI Credit Card EMI conversion

55°
Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

I have made of purchase of 10,000 using my SBI credit card on 3th Oct and my bill date is also 4th Oct. I have converted this amount into merchant EMI. Now my statement is generated and full amount of 10,000 is captured in the credit card statement and total amount due is 15,000.

Later on 6th Oct I received a msg from SBI that my amount of 10,000 is converted into EMI. As my due date for payment is approaching ,I called SBI customer care yesterday to inquire how much amount I have to pay.
He told that I have to make payment of complete amount i.e 15K. I told him that one transaction of 10K is converted into EMI but he repeatedly told i have to make payment of full amount. Is it correct that i have to pay full amount ?

17 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
Logo avatars
Deal Cadet
136
309
4

What is your bill generation date

Missing
Deal Newbie
66
62
0

You have to pay full outstanding.

Missing
Deal Cadet
57
266
1

You have to pay full amount. And your account would be in credit after that means you can buy anything till credit of 10k this month and in next statement only emi would be payable.
You can’t exit without full payment. emi can be closed if you dont need it further. Thats the credit cars rules and you need to learn to play with it.
In my hdfc cc i paid for something of 9500 on third last date of billing period, later on cancelled that order. But by the time Amazon processed the refund bill was generated and now i have to pay the whole amount which would be adjusted in next bill.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0
manuz wrote:

What is your bill generation date

Bill generation date is 4 Oct 2019

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0
jambui wrote:

You have to pay full amount. And your account would be in credit after that means you can buy anything till credit of 10k this month and in next statement only emi would be payable.
You can’t exit without full payment. emi can be closed if you dont need it further. Thats the credit cars rules and you need to learn to play with it.
In my hdfc cc i paid for something of 9500 on third last date of billing period, later on cancelled that order. But by the time Amazon processed the refund bill was generated and now i have to pay the whole amount which would be adjusted in next bill.

Thanks jambui

Logo avatars
Deal Cadet
136
309
4

Issue resolved

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
516
17

pay difference amount, or minimum payable
which ever is more

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
103
0
karanoshan wrote:

pay difference amount, or minimum payable
which ever is more

If you are using credit card then pay full amount due before due date and if that is not possible then stop using credit card as you are not using it responsibly.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

I have one more doubt -

If I make payment for full amount will SBI still charge emi from next month.

Example:

Purchased product P1 on 2nd Oct for 5K
Purchased product P2 on 4th Oct for 10K and converted it on merchant emi

Bill date 4 the Oct – Bill got generated- Total amount due as 15K – Due date 25 Oct
.
Got msg from bank on 6th that transaction got converted to emi – emi 2K per month

Made payment on 20 Oct for total amount i.e 15K

What will happen to emi. Will they start charging emi amount from next bill ??

Missing
Deal Cadet
102
750
15
Expand
watever wrote:

If you are using credit card then pay full amount due before due date and if that is not possible then stop using credit card as you are not using it responsibly.

How did you conclude that he is not using Credit card responsibly?

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
103
0
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

How did you conclude that he is not using Credit card responsibly?

My reply was to the suggestion given that pay difference amount or minimum balance. If you are paying minimum balance of credit card then it means you are buying more than your means and that’s why you are unable to settle the whole amount before due date and also credit card interest rates are crazy. That is why i termed it as not using your credit card responsibly.

Missing
Deal Cadet
138
747
30
zenithyadav wrote:

I have one more doubt -

If I make payment for full amount will SBI still charge emi from next month.

Example:

Purchased product P1 on 2nd Oct for 5K
Purchased product P2 on 4th Oct for 10K and converted it on merchant emi

Bill date 4 the Oct – Bill got generated- Total amount due as 15K – Due date 25 Oct
.
Got msg from bank on 6th that transaction got converted to emi – emi 2K per month

Made payment on 20 Oct for total amount i.e 15K

What will happen to emi. Will they start charging emi amount from next bill ??

Have you asked the customer care? This is an interesting scenario

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0
Expand
schumacher wrote:

Have you asked the customer care? This is an interesting scenario

Yes I contacted customer care . They are also not sure . First customer care executive told me that I have to pay Total due amount i.e 15K and he told that EMI transactions will not get charged from next month.

Other customer care executive told that I have to pay only 5K and rest amount will get charged as EMI from next month.

I am planning to pay full amount in order to avoid interest and dip in my CIBIL score.

My only worry is they should not charge EMI amount from next month even after making payment for full amount .

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1301
38

your transaction has not been converted into emi post bill generation.

even if u tried it will definite fail.

Same thing happened with you.

you are liable yo pay full amount.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0
rogerthat wrote:

your transaction has not been converted into emi post bill generation.

even if u tried it will definite fail.

Same thing happened with you.

you are liable yo pay full amount.

Are you telling that transaction can’t be converted into EMI after bill generation ???

I got a message from SBI that transaction has been converted into EMI successfully.

But the issue is I got message after bill generation . Read the above example that I shared to be more clear.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
109
1301
38
Expand
zenithyadav wrote:

Are you telling that transaction can’t be converted into EMI after bill generation ???

I got a message from SBI that transaction has been converted into EMI successfully.

But the issue is I got message after bill generation . Read the above example that I shared to be more clear.

yes its a simple rule.

no emi conversion possible after bill generation.


they have accidentally sent message regarding converted to emi.

Missing